Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
just not the pels' night. whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

That's an awful flop call.

The Pels have been whistled for an even weaker flop call within the last couple weeks, iirc. A guy lost his balance and stumbled backwards as the offensive player initiated contact. *tweet*

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lockback posted:

That's an awful flop call.

The bad thing is that all the ones I've seen so far this season have either been exactly like this, or they called the foul on the other person but also said it was a flop somehow.

They somehow are doing it worse than college which is doing them really bad.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The idea that there's a metric that tells how hard someone is working is really stupid.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

The idea that there's a metric that tells how hard someone is working is really stupid.

agreed. because it doesn't mean they are working smart.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Rick posted:

its called "joules", op

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

fart simpson posted:

its called "joules", op

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I thought the Pelicans had a really nice second half, just couldn't claw back from the big first half lead they gave up.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

I thought the Pelicans had a really nice second half, just couldn't claw back from the big first half lead they gave up.

Yeah, that's more or less what I was thinking, too. Defense tightened up a bit, less brain farts on offense.

Still wish they had played Hawkins over some of those Jose and Naji minutes, though.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
It's a foul and a flop and you can watch it all and some of the playoffs if you have at least 2 monthly subscriptions to different services

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
How much do you think one of those inclined trampolines they use for dunk shows during timeouts would cost? Could be fun.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

enjoy your broken shoulder, op

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

lol Giannis hits a 3, then airballs the next one

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

jaylen brown with some good blocks today

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

thanks refs for missing a foul then ejecting tatum

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Refs blatantly miss 3 fouls on Tatum shots within 5 minutes, the third of which was a really hard foul, then eject him on 2 technicals.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

warriors leading at the half without steph...

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rogue0071 posted:

Refs blatantly miss 3 fouls on Tatum shots within 5 minutes, the third of which was a really hard foul, then eject him on 2 technicals.

sounds like he needs to learn the patience of zion who has only gotten ejected for that once despite experiencing that every game he plays in

---

look at this scripted drive by dyson:

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/1746350039499219344?s=20

didn't need to look because he practices this all the time and the defense didn't bump him lol

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

add Podziemski to the list of random white guards who are strictly better than steph curry

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

who are these cats?? lester quinones???

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

good win by the boston celtics. good home record

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
hawkins is going to be a player for a long time

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

fart simpson posted:

good win by the boston celtics. good home record

losing to the bucks erases this win and all wins actually

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

temple posted:

losing to the bucks erases this win and all wins actually

i dunno, i think they'll make the playoffs

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Guy at the bucks game hit the half court shot for 10k. Good for that guy

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

that was me

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol zach sucks

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
mavs bad

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

please hit a single loving wide open three

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

please hit a single loving wide open three

thanks vooch

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
still inexplicable how valanciunas can go from looking like arvydas sabonis in FIBA to looking like jonas valanciunas in the NBA

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

runaway pancake posted:

still inexplicable how valanciunas can go from looking like arvydas sabonis in FIBA to looking like jonas valanciunas in the NBA

here's something to consider: FIBA Ricky Rubio

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

R.D. Mangles posted:

here's something to consider: FIBA Ricky Rubio

same deal!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Just saw a ref call a moving screen on a fast break and like honestly I'm not even sure it was the wrong call even though that's definitely not the spirit of the rule.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

runaway pancake posted:

Willy Hernangomez won FIBA World Cup MVP.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Being a Magic fan is so frustrating... when healthy we're a good, pesky team that can beat anyone, but then the same 4-5 players get hurt and the season falls off the rails. Last year it was at the start and now it's in the middle of the season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Utah Lakers fans so loving mad at Reaves fouling out

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lakers are going to end up losing by exactly the amount of points they gave up after causing a turnover or creating a stop but then instantly turning the ball back over to the Jazz.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I don't think 3 plays went by where the Lakers didn't legitimately foul the Jazz on a drive in the second half. Pretty much wasted a season high for D'lo and an AD triple double.

Although I guess it's a good performance without LeBron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

first time watching the Pacers this year... they sure move the ball around huh