Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Browns window is closing after this year. Ah well. Live by the Flacco, die by the Flacco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Ever think about how Arizona traded the #3 pick for what's going to be, at best, a mid-20's slot this year? Houston wound up fleecing them.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
scan my balls nbc

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Black Lighter posted:

Ever think about how Arizona traded the #3 pick for what's going to be, at best, a mid-20's slot this year? Houston wound up fleecing them.

They traded #12 and #33 last year. And a 1st and 3rd in 2024. That’s a huge haul.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

My batteries may not make it to stream the Dolphins/Chiefs game tonight…

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

They traded #12 and #33 last year. And a 1st and 3rd in 2024. That’s a huge haul.

I still think trading up for Will Anderson was a pretty bad move.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

mcmagic posted:

I still think trading up for Will Anderson was a pretty bad move.

I dunno. Having a probowl caliber QB and Edge Rusher secured on Rookie contracts for 5 years is really nice. I think Houston is probably happy with that.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Gatts posted:

Browns window is closing after this year. Ah well. Live by the Flacco, die by the Flacco.

that's weird, they just gave a record contract to a qb, they should be crushing it. and that qb is wildly popular and so had 0 moral cost too

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I dunno. Having a probowl caliber QB and Edge Rusher secured on Rookie contracts for 5 years is really nice. I think Houston is probably happy with that.

It's worked out for them but they still gave up a QB trade package for an edge when they could've just taken the QB and kept all the picks.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

mcmagic posted:

It's worked out for them but they still gave up a QB trade package for an edge when they could've just taken the QB and kept all the picks.

it could be much worse, they could pick QBs like the Jets do and never have a "what if it was even better" hypothetical like this

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
Had my evening wings order cancelled by the restaurant.

Views:
Good I didn't need them since I'd need to stream a :filez: Peacock feed using my iPhone since the power went out.

:negative:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The337th posted:

it could be much worse, they could pick QBs like the Jets do and never have a "what if it was even better" hypothetical like this

Well they lucked out that team picking no 1 picked the bust which is something that would never happen for the Jets so I guess you're right. They also hired literally the exact same HC the Jets did except he doesn't loving suck. So yeah.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Blind Pineapple posted:

Football is built around doing things that are very stupid and dangerous to prove how tough you are.

poo poo you’re exactly right. That’s.. honestly exactly what football is. I can’t bitch.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Wait what the gently caress is peacock

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

poo poo you’re exactly right. That’s.. honestly exactly what football is. I can’t bitch.

"america is the only country dumb enough to play football"

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Criticizing the organizational moves of a team who just went from being one of the worst teams in the league over the last few years to a rising star team who won their division and just poo poo housed the NFL's best defense, while also putting in a very good defensive effort, and is moving on to the divisional round of the playoffs in the span of a single off-season sure is a take

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

God drat! I just got out of work and decided to check the score...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://x.com/jasrifootball/status/1746315273903186209?s=20

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1746326955476033687

The trade up for Will Anderson is only going to end up costing the Texans a pick that's 25 or later. What an unexpectedly great deal

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Video ends too soon.

Black Sunshine posted:

Criticizing the organizational moves of a team who just went from being one of the worst teams in the league over the last few years to a rising star team who won their division and just poo poo housed the NFL's best defense, while also putting in a very good defensive effort, and is moving on to the divisional round of the playoffs in the span of a single off-season sure is a take

Amen brother.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Everyone looks Missourable.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Laughs in Canadian

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
I mean, there's a reason why we stop football in November. This looks miserable.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I made a low effort GDT for the evening game, but happy to close it if a better one comes along: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4051739

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

it's a really funny critique coming from a fan of any of the dirt worst franchises at drafting

imagine being able to be disappointed by that Will Anderson pick as a meaningful failure

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

The337th posted:

it's a really funny critique coming from a fan of any of the dirt worst franchises at drafting

imagine being able to be disappointed by that Will Anderson pick as a meaningful failure

Will Anderson is a goddamn superstar compared to Clelin loving Ferrell so I feel that poo poo in my soul

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Did 60 miles on the bike this morning. Now its time to get lovely and eat garbage.

Also, I'm here to watch this garbage.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Android Apocalypse posted:

The forums have a tiny image function btw

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Remember what they took from you

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Scarabrae posted:

Remember what they took from you

"man i cant see poo poo on the screen. this RULES!!!"

no thats literally what i would have said

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Whoops wrong thread again.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Wait what the gently caress is peacock

The marketing department said they couldn’t call it Shitdick, so that was the next best name.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ignore the holding, call invisible Roughing the passer.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Miami's offensive playcalling and execution were awful. Really ruined what could have been a classic game. Their defense did pretty well, and it was totally wasted.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Android Apocalypse posted:

lucky

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am rooting for the dallas cowboys tomorrow. "how bout them cowboys" is something i am saying to myself as i cheer for the boys from dallas to win a playoff game.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Oh dear do the Bills get a short week now?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Fat Jesus posted:

Oh dear do the Bills get a short week now?

Yes

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

How unfortunate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

loving SCUMBAGS!!!! YOU ARE STEALING THIS FROM US!!!!!