Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's like with drink sizes, the bigger pizza is only marginally more expensive to make, relatively speaking, so they make the smaller pizza too expensive on purpose to make the bigger one seem like a great deal while still making a bigger profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Cerekk posted:

It's a 20"

Or you can get a 10" for base price of $26 instead of $44

A 20" pizza is 4x as much pizza as a 10" to be fair (314in² vs 78.5in²) but them's still some overpriced pizzas

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
they should make deep dish pizzas in different depths

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

dreezy posted:

yeah that pricing reflects a florida education’s understanding of geometry. 10 inches wider, that should be like $10 more, right? what do you mean its over twice as much pizza??

for that matter, the xl soda is twice as big as the large and only 25 cents more? what are they idiots??

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

You think pizza pricing is wild? They sell these at Amazon for a list price of $143, yet on alibaba they're $15.40! https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Litterbox-Stainless-Steel-Cat-XL-Litter_1600747761735.html

E: aliexpress $158.50. Kind of a ripoff

mawarannahr fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 13, 2024

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
I'm at Monster Jam and they just did the whole 'murica thing of honoring the first responders and military and some stupid country song and blah blah blah. Then they played the national anthem, except they specifically limited the anthem as applicable to "all the great Americans born in this country."

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

BigHead posted:

I'm at Monster Jam and they just did the whole 'murica thing of honoring the first responders and military and some stupid country song and blah blah blah. Then they played the national anthem, except they specifically limited the anthem as applicable to "all the great Americans born in this country."

Freedom ain't free. No poors, pay up

It's far from the first time I've heard that sentiment expressed. Somehow these God given rights that aren't granted by any government only apply to natural born citizens in theory wink wink but no really just white guys

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 13, 2024

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
That’s who monster jam is for sorry to say, they got it right

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

dreezy posted:

yeah that pricing reflects a florida education’s understanding of geometry. 10 inches wider, that should be like $10 more, right? what do you mean its over twice as much pizza??

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Nettle Soup posted:

Not exactly. :( Miscarried at 6-10 weeks so I'd been saving this one, which is why I'm doubly pissed off it didn't work! I'm just gonna buy the ones next time which look like pool-test strips instead of this branded garbage.

:( goondolences.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Just got prompted to add a tip while buying a pair of lovely cheapo wireless earbuds and noped out of the purchase because of it

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 14, 2024

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Why do you hate the hard working folks at the beloved mom & pop's operation ENACFIRE

E: Apparently this "brand" got banned from Amazon for scummy practices, says reddit, lol

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Well I'm glad I didn't buy them then :colbert: I had a pair of their earbuds a while back I got for $30 and they were alright but I went ahead and just bought some nice sonys instead

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

dreezy posted:

they should make deep dish pizzas in different depths

Fight me! How dare you say that in a public space.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

my pizza neva hurt no body

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

redgubbinz posted:

my pizza neva hurt no body

Lmfao

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
OH it's a giant pizza

I kept thinking it was a normal sized pizza but like on the roof of the delivery guy's car or something.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
That makes the 56 cents punchline slightly less funny but improves both the bucket of garlic butter and dead dad ones dramatically

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Newscasters have gotten so bad recently. They try to be funny and corny but can't deliver actual news when I need it.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The Miami Dolphins

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

So I haven’t been getting USPS packages since the end of December. Like I’ll order something, get a tracking number, then it sits at a DC outside of Houston seemingly indefinitely.

I looked into it and apparently Biden never canned the Trump era Postmaster General and it’s part of an intentional austerity plan to cut costs by decreasing service levels across the country. Someone decided that Houston’s network had too many sorting machines to handle the mail so they decided to ship most of them out to other locations. So now there are literal truckloads of mail piling up across the region as there aren’t enough machines to process it.

Thankfully I’m just waiting on some watch parts and printer filament but on Reddit there are tons of people still waiting on medications and Christmas presents for their kids :waycool:

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Last month my niece received the package full of candy that I mailed to her for Halloween 2020.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Virigoth posted:

This has ironically driven me to going to way more triple AAA / whatever hockey and soccers leagues are called in my city. It is actually a better experience than going to an actual MLB game these days even at Wrigley. It is just a big commercialized poo poo show with a metric poo poo ton of commercial breaks where the players just stand around on the field. The clock changes to speed up the games are a good start but they are just way too long still. They need to cut another 30 minutes or so off to get to a sane speed that was the trend over the last few decades. If they want to get real wild they could bring it down to under 2.5 hours.

To assure baseball fans, I will point out that essentially all rules introduced to cricket to speed up the game or give the ability to review umpire decisions has improved cricket.

Just do it. you don't have to have your sport held hostage to prima donnas or Angel Hernandez

exmachina fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 14, 2024

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
It feels silly to have a super accurate graphic appear instantly on screen but on field it is just a dude calling strikes and balls

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I get to go see a coyotes in a college arena so best of both worlds

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Make Blurnsball happen. Spice it up a little, MLB

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

TotalLossBrain posted:

Fry's two-second transition from "Baseball wasn't boring..." to "Huh, so they finally jazzed up baseball," hits extremely close to home.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

exmachina posted:

To assure baseball fans, I will point out that essentially all rules introduced to cricket to speed up the game or give the ability to review umpire decisions has improved cricket.

Just do it. you don't have to have your sport held hostage to prima donnas or Angel Hernandez

On the flip side, college football introduced some rule changes this year that reduced the amount of gameplay by keeping a running clock in some of the situations where it used to stop. The overall length of games increased, however, because they lengthened the commercial breaks and increased the number of them.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

How does AI enhance photos/ videos online?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Professor Shark posted:

How does AI enhance photos/ videos online?

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

lol that seems problematic for an encyclopedia website

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

TotalLossBrain posted:

Blaseball already came and went; the world was not ready for it yet

https://www.pcgamer.com/blaseball-the-bizarre-beautiful-sports-gambling-horror-sim-is-ending-forever/

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

So not well?

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Topaz Photo AI isn't midjourney, its just sharpening and denoise algorithms. Its a normal part of photo processing.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

mawarannahr posted:

You think pizza pricing is wild? They sell these at Amazon for a list price of $143, yet on alibaba they're $15.40! https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Litterbox-Stainless-Steel-Cat-XL-Litter_1600747761735.html

E: aliexpress $158.50. Kind of a ripoff

Minimum order of 2000. Think of the profit you could make selling the other 1999 though! You’d be stupid not to buy 2000 litter boxes!

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Cerekk posted:

On the flip side, college football introduced some rule changes this year that reduced the amount of gameplay by keeping a running clock in some of the situations where it used to stop. The overall length of games increased, however, because they lengthened the commercial breaks and increased the number of them.

Wait.
First, obviously, wtf.
Second: if the game is no longer pausing so much, but there are more ad breaks, and it's being broadcast live... ???

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

Atopian posted:

Wait.
First, obviously, wtf.
Second: if the game is no longer pausing so much, but there are more ad breaks, and it's being broadcast live... ???

The clock is pausing less but the game is pausing more. Commercial breaks only happen while the clock is stopped. There are way more clock stoppages than commercial breaks, but there are more commercial breaks than there used to be.

During the break, one of the officials stands out on the field preventing play from starting while a countdown clock counts down the time until the commercial break is over.

Cerekk fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 14, 2024

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Cerekk posted:

One of the officials stands out on the field preventing play from starting while a countdown clock counts down the time until the commercial break is over.

And the players stand at attention saluting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Cerekk posted:

The clock is pausing less but the game is pausing more. Commercial breaks only happen while the clock is stopped. There are way more clock stoppages than commercial breaks, but there are more commercial breaks than there used to be.

During the break, one of the officials stands out on the field preventing play from starting while a countdown clock counts down the time until the commercial break is over.

Lmfao