Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Thank you so much everyone!!! I lived bitch! And also down one ovary to boot (which I agreed to previously if there were issues). Surgeon told my sister it was “funky” so I can’t wait to learn in what way, I hope they remembered to take photos.

Consequently that’s the most achy incision. I also learned morphine and norco makes me quite sick so gently caress that poo poo. I do not understand the appeal when robaxin and ketorolac are right there.

if you're nauseous ask for some nausea meds, if you can't keep your pain meds down crush the nausea meds and rub the powder on your gums. I had to do that after my nerve grafting surgery, I found that technique on some cancer forums and it works loving aces, do not let the pain build up because it's a lot harder to get the level down than to maintain

also you can ask for the pathology report on your evicted bits, they might not have photos but the grossing pathologist will hopefully be very descriptive, they mention what the sample looks like including size, shape, color, any cysts, if there's rough patches, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

killerwhat posted:

Yay congrats! Two organs less :cool: any teeth?

I don’t know yet, waiting on discharge so who knows when the md will show

Pyrtanis posted:

if you're nauseous ask for some nausea meds, if you can't keep your pain meds down crush the nausea meds and rub the powder on your gums. I had to do that after my nerve grafting surgery, I found that technique on some cancer forums and it works loving aces, do not let the pain build up because it's a lot harder to get the level down than to maintain

also you can ask for the pathology report on your evicted bits, they might not have photos but the grossing pathologist will hopefully be very descriptive, they mention what the sample looks like including size, shape, color, any cysts, if there's rough patches, etc

Thanks for the tips, nurses were on the ball and got zofran going right away. That crushing tip is awesome. And can’t wait for pathology, in another life it what I would have done for a living

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Thank you so much everyone!!! I lived bitch! And also down one ovary to boot (which I agreed to previously if there were issues). Surgeon told my sister it was “funky” so I can’t wait to learn in what way, I hope they remembered to take photos.

The Funky Ovary kind of sounds like a dance. Do the Harlem Shake, do the Funky Ovary. :dance:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Congrats on the yeeterus!

Getting a pelvic ultrasound Friday to start baseline monitoring my whole extremely cancer-prone situation.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

coronatae posted:

Congrats on the yeeterus!
There should be cards for this.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

My friend wrote “not sorry for your loss” in the card she brought me

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

My friend wrote “not sorry for your loss” in the card she brought me
That is loving marvelous.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
I request a thread name change to "Menstruation Megathread: Happy Yeeterus"

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I request a thread name change to "Menstruation Megathread: Happy Yeeterus: I hope it's a tooth! "

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

I request a thread name change to "Menstruation Megathread: Merry Yeeturus and a Happy Vagina Dentata"

I mean, at this point

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
I’m pre menopausal and hadn’t had a period besides some spotting in almost a year until a couple of days ago. I forgot how much these things suck!

On the plus side I’m on an estrogen patch and progesterone pills and let me tell you, I feel so much better. I was a sobbing sweaty mess for months before I got meds.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
THE BLOOD TIDE IS UPON US

wheeeee

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Surf well, comrade, for those of us who no longer traverse the blood ocean.

Hmm, is still having cycles with hormones only like being in one of those undersea brine pools? Because considering this is technically day 4-5 of my period I’m having the non-bloody symptoms.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

😭🎄🩸Merry Crampmas🩸🎄😭

Is what I'm saying to myself because they're SO BAD today. I feel a little silly because I've been whining about it to my husband a lot, and it's making me feel like a complainy baby since this is normal and I should be used to it.

Except that I'm totally NOT used to it thanks to the two Mirenas I've gone through, so I'm trying to not be so hard on myself for bitching about it the first few times they start happening again.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
anyone else remember getting sex ed and learning about periods and wondering what dudes had to deal with that would make this bleeding uncontrollably for the next 50 years fair?

there is nothing?

no, body hair doesn't count, we get that too and have to remove it.

no, random hard-ons don't count unless they last for a week and come with cramping.

Goddamn you nature, what the gently caress, where is the equality! If it sucks for us, it should suck for them too!

Side note: I really really wish they had covered masturbation in sex ed. I think a lot of my issues would have evaded my grandmother's hosed up sex ed comments if I knew I could take care of poo poo myself and never ever needed a man.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
Mother Nature is a bitch, she makes more hairs sprout while simultaneously making it harder to see them

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Newly invisible hairs are the bane of my existence.

Also I don't know why I bought regular tampons. Part of me kind of hoped I gave myself time to heal or something, that after all this time the flow wouldn't be so extreme. They're leaking after a freaking hour. I'm such an idiot. Tomorrow it's super plus time again. Can't wait to get rid of this useless piece of junk they call an organ. Fifth last period ever.

SulfurMonoxideCute fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 15, 2023

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Pyrtanis posted:

Mother Nature is a bitch, she makes more hairs sprout while simultaneously making it harder to see them

Worse when it’s either that one eyebrow hair that’s twice the length of the rest of them, or when she decides that what you really need are some very thick black chin hairs

toleratethis
May 21, 2012

Pyrtanis posted:

As someone with PCOS and the wonderful symptom of hirsutism, I’ve been using facial razors to deal with unwanted hair. I hate waxing and bleaching only kinda hid the fact that I had hair on my upper lip. I also tried some spring hair removal tool, which was complete bullshit.

I was buying facial razors from Muji until they disappeared during the pandemic. I recently picked up a metal one from Tweezerman with replacement blades which has been great.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Pelvic ultrasound looked normal, got some free fluid hanging around in there bc that's apparently A Thing that can happen.

And got my actual period today, the day of my tiddy MRI with contrast :toot:

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
I swear it’s like a switch went off in my body and now I get the worrrst night sweats. I’m not even 40 yet (only a couple years out). I can’t gauge any period changes because I got that yeeted. Is this perimenopause? Or just one of those random things that happens as we get older?

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
For one of the rare times in my life, I am trying to summon my period. I have a medical procedure on Thursday and would reaaaallllllly not like being on my period then. Come on uterus, be on my side for once!

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Parsley, ginger, or pennyroyal will help speed things along. You can have them in capsules or as tea, or as candy in ginger's case.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

AbstractBlacksmith posted:

I swear it’s like a switch went off in my body and now I get the worrrst night sweats. I’m not even 40 yet (only a couple years out). I can’t gauge any period changes because I got that yeeted. Is this perimenopause? Or just one of those random things that happens as we get older?

I thought it was but now wondering if my funky organs had something to do with it. 5 cm fibroid dangling around (aka pedunculated) gave me ridiculously heavy periods yet my hormones came back in normal range. I’m only three weeks post-op on the 3rd but already can tell I’m only sweating from being under a heavy blanket with the heat on and it’s not nearly as much as before.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I've been taking fish oil to help with periods and I can't tell if it's working or if it's the placebo effect.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

LividLiquid posted:

I've been taking fish oil to help with periods and I can't tell if it's working or if it's the placebo effect.

honestly if you don't suffer as much I call it a win

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

Parsley, ginger, or pennyroyal will help speed things along. You can have them in capsules or as tea, or as candy in ginger's case.

Ginger may have been the winner! Had a decent amount with dinner and period showed up :toot:

Now I just have to hope it's over before the procedure.... :pray:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
A few months ago I had insane hormonal horniness a week before my period, like I felt like a loving teenage boy with unlimited Internet access. That was far preferable to the random cramps and feeling bloated and depressed.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

That's been happening to me since quitting birth control, it was never like that before.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I haven't used birth control pills in something like 15 years. But hey, guess who came to visit today!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

My last period featured debilitating pain inside my left hip and it's back again this time! What the gently caress is this poo poo!! This didn't use to happen

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Killingyouguy! posted:

My last period featured debilitating pain inside my left hip and it's back again this time! What the gently caress is this poo poo!! This didn't use to happen

My last three periods have correlated with the weirdest sensation: a pulsing, almost electrical pain in the top of my esophagus, lasting a few seconds each pulse, happening many times a day for most of my period. It has been so weird and noticeable that I have been trying to track it.

I don't understand.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Went to a gyn onc today and she was taking a good hard look around up there, said she could tell my period was going to start soon based on cervix position. This is something I knew objectively but it was weird to have a doc say it in the wild

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
'this didn't use to happen' would be a good thread subtitle to be honest
They told us it would be irregular at first and then regular! Nobody said hey, a decade before it stops it's going to go loving nuts, have fun.

Vacation Tenzin
Jan 23, 2005

I'M TOTALLY CALM AND RELAXED.

HopperUK posted:

'this didn't use to happen' would be a good thread subtitle to be honest
They told us it would be irregular at first and then regular! Nobody said hey, a decade before it stops it's going to go loving nuts, have fun.

Like a gatling gun of clots

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'd say the strangest thing that happened since quitting birth control is 100% losing my appetite. I never feel hungry ever, and I have to force myself to eat. It's been over 3 months now, and it hasn't changed. I had a small meal almost 7 hours ago and I'm still full.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I was woken out of a sound sleep by vicious cramping :negative:

ETA: I was also completely convinced I had a UTI yesterday. Had a lot of pelvic discomfort and urinary urgency but I've been on a hydration kick lately and everything looked fine. Supposedly this feeling can be caused by increased progesterone before your period? hosed up if true

coronatae fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jan 12, 2024

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

coronatae posted:

I was woken out of a sound sleep by vicious cramping :negative:

ETA: I was also completely convinced I had a UTI yesterday. Had a lot of pelvic discomfort and urinary urgency but I've been on a hydration kick lately and everything looked fine. Supposedly this feeling can be caused by increased progesterone before your period? hosed up if true

I've had that, nurse practitioner told me my urethra was just irritated, it wasn't the twat rot

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Why the gently caress did it have to show up a week early, I wanted to have a not miserable 25 year anniversary with my husband on Monday
:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

gently caress YOU!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Had absolutely monstrous cramps this go round and now a constant throb with the occasional sharp twang that makes me concerned about either cysts (which I've not had before and makes this a difficult call) or ovarian torsion.

My PCP didn't seem all that concerned but the pain hasn't stopped entirely in like a week now and the lab results aren't back yet from blood draw (likely won't be until Tuesday). Not showing signs of infection (no fever or inflammation), but sure as poo poo hurt like a son of a bitch and muscle relaxers/ibuprofen aren't doing poo poo for it.

I'm not 100% sure it's ovarian in nature, but the location tracks and I haven't been able to sleep properly in days because of this. And I'm getting older so it's entirely possible my reproductive clockwork of a system is just finally starting to wind down and is punishing me for existing.

Either way, I'm afraid and in pain and waiting for results just loving sucks. Especially because I went in Thursday after a week of trying to deal with this on my own to no success. I wish she took me a little more seriously at first. Her tune changed a lot when I said I didn't want or respond well to opiates and when I started sobbing in pain and couldn't sit correctly.

Still not enough to contact me as promised, but hey now I have muscle relaxers that do nothing for the pain and no idea what's causing it aside from 'likely not uti'.