Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: slave to my cravings)

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTjJfmkHYYA&t=469s

I like FD's stuff more often than not but this is a bad vid, half of it is him feeling himself for having a degree and a marxist viewpoint, didn't u make a whole rear end vid on bamboozled a few weeks back???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh yeah, definitely know and care about who "FD" is

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I thought that was bust rodd

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

I like FD's stuff more often than not but this is a bad vid, half of it is him feeling himself for having a degree and a marxist viewpoint, didn't u make a whole rear end vid on bamboozled a few weeks back???

lmao I watched this this morning and decided against posting it here because I didn't like it as much as other videos. his point about black comedians getting mad at other black male comedians for performing in dresses is based in anti-queer thought was interesting but something I have no context on. pretty much all I know is that eddy murphy won't do it and martin lawrence loves to

admittedly this is from his b-channel which by design contains some half-baked poo poo

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/yandhiisntreal/status/1745702935793697043

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

you'll cowards don't even wear dresses

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Honest Thief posted:

Honest Thief posted:

listeneing and nodding along

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

i say swears online posted:

lmao I watched this this morning and decided against posting it here because I didn't like it as much as other videos. his point about black comedians getting mad at other black male comedians for performing in dresses is based in anti-queer thought was interesting but something I have no context on. pretty much all I know is that eddy murphy won't do it and martin lawrence loves to

admittedly this is from his b-channel which by design contains some half-baked poo poo

i mean it is, but his whole shpeel about blue collar black people not having an advanced degree on pop culture like him so they dont know chris hemsworth wore drag feels condescending, who cares if they don't know they wouldnt care cause he's white

Honest Thief fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 13, 2024

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

you'll cowards don't even wear dresses

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
ive been doing a rewatch of 30 rock and in the first season there’s an ep that has a black guy say that black men dressing in drag is particularly demeaning.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Honest Thief posted:

i but his whole shpeel about blue collar black people not having an advanced degree on pop culture like him
Yea I caught this too lol

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
If you don’t want to wear a dress in a movie, uh, you’re clearly a homophobe

And you’d know this if you had a degree in communications, like me, a smart person

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

ben shapino posted:

it's like jazz. It's about the bits you don't do

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i thought eddie did it on norbit and nutty professor 2

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
The Nutting Professor

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Plutonis posted:

i thought eddie did it on norbit and nutty professor 2

oh yeah now i can't remember who was vocally against it in the 90s

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I swear I remember somebody big in that timeframe saying the same thing but can't find anything.

Lmao what I did find was in the 2000s SURPRISE SURPRISE Chappelle refused to do it and had strong opinions

quote:

Dave Chappelle told Oprah Winfrey that during a shoot with Martin Lawrence, the writers and producers had twisted his arm to do drag. "'Every minute you waste costs this much money,'" he recalls them telling him. "The pressure comes in ... I don't need no dress to be funny," he said. Chappelle also suggested that their insistence amounted to a "conspiracy," and he got applause for implying a connection between cross-dressing and "Brokeback Mountain," a film in which neither main character -- both of whom are arguably bisexual -- wears anything but hyper-masculine attire.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Hahaaaaaa yeeeaahh

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cael posted:

I swear I remember somebody big in that timeframe saying the same thing but can't find anything.

Lmao what I did find was in the 2000s SURPRISE SURPRISE Chappelle refused to do it and had strong opinions

lol welp

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I don't think there's anything inherently emasculating about choosing to wear a dress. If it's not your idea however,

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Who the gently caress is this viper guy

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Who the gently caress is this viper guy

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

hes the guy who said if you dont smoke crack cocaine then youre a coward

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

or, youre a coward because you dont smoke crack cocaine. one of the two

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

You'll cowards don't even smoke crack

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Watching these but laughing remembering Stav the festival pig
https://youtu.be/lQeTnzE_DpM?feature=shared

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk6zm_YFRO0

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
viper go on the adam friedland show

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

viper go on the adam friedland show

I think he would literally take a bite out of Adam which would be great content

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I bet he doesn’t eat bugs

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

I bet he doesn’t eat bugs

i’m 100% certain the viper eats bugs all the time

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012

It's wild how this podcast ruined a whole letter of the alphabet for me

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
nick talking about stav winning an award and just walking through the steps and stage like a wrecking ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Black actors getting to wear dresses is kind of an old emasculating trope that would happen often in movies. Some black actors feel like they shouldn't have to emasculate themselves because the crowd wills it. I believe it became a contentious issue because to chapelle and others it would suggest to the audience that black people are to be laughed at (also, don't forget chapelle was a practicing Muslim at the time). It kinda fed into the same stereotypes like the black guy in the horror movie never lives.