Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

From the NYT article on how hard it is to find targets to bomb:

This comes after a bunch of lines repeating that the estimates are, they damaged 30% of Ansar Allah's ability to launch drones. But they also don't know if the targets they hit were sufficiently damaged. And these are mostly brick and mortar targets. Ansar Allah is used to having to distribute all of their assets because of all the Saudi bombing campaigns.

lol just recently hezbollah knocked out 2/3 of Israel’s radomes on some base using ATGMs and moxie, but apparently for US cruise missiles it’s a 3rd times the charm type deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Explosions happening at oil refineries in Haifa

https://x.com/AJABreaking/status/1746431199633948981?s=20

Israeli gas and oil infrastructure gonna get popped soon.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Al-Saqr posted:

:yeshaha:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

uh oh people of haifa are gonna have a bad time!

Urgent | Israeli fire brigade: The Haifa explosion occurred in the Carmel Olivens reactor due to high pressure in the atmosphere and there is no danger

https://x.com/AJABreaking/status/1746435856322158872?s=20

sure thing buddy normal air pressure causes reactor explosions all the time.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
https://www.ynet.co.il/environment-science/article/hjarsw11ta

"The refineries stated: 'A sudden increase in pressure in a protected high-pressure facility caused a safety disc to rupture. As a result, a sudden noise similar to an explosion was produced. This is a statistical phenomenon that happens from time to time, but the causes are still being investigated. There isn't and wasn't any danger to the workers and the public.'"

Considering the pictures in the article, this certainly doesn't seem like a "statistical phenomenon that happens from time to time" but what do I know

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 08:50 on Jan 14, 2024

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
not the first time that place has had pwoblems

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...ff-dfdfdcdf0000

also this pops up from 2016
nasrallah is so good at getting them riled

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4767144,00.html

quote:

Nasrallah also had message for IDF Chief of Staff Gadi Eisenkot, "its simple mathematics. A few missiles on a few ammonium plants equals the same amount of death as an atomic bomb...you can destroy Lebanon and Dahiyeh. You have the strongest airforce, you have missiles, and you have other means by which to do it. But we can do the same thing to you (Israel) with only a few missiles aimed at a few amonium plants."

"Haifa is just one of many examples," he said. "The leaders of Israel understand that the resistance (Hezbollah) has the ability to cover the entirety of occupied Palestine with missiles. We must keep this capability because it acts as a deterrent for the Third Lebanon War. As I said to you on the anniversary in memory of the victims in Qunietra, we do not seek war nor do we want war. The strategy of the resistance is not to start wars of this type, but we must be prepared for war in order to deter against it, in order to be able to deal and conquer it."

Nasrallah then quoted an Israeli expert saying that the residents of Haifa are afraid of a deadly attack on the ammonia plant which contains more that 15,000 tons of gas. An explosion there could kill hundreds of thousands of people in the area. The same expert compared the hypothetical attack to a "nuclear bomb."

"The residents of Haifa are worried about a deadly attack, with or without a war. They worry in any case. They are afraid of a large, deadly attack on the ammonia plants. These plants are in Haifa, and possibly even beyond the city. The tanks in the ammonia production facility contain 15 thousand tons of gas which will cause the deaths of tens of thousands."

The same Israeli expert, according to Nasrallah, criticized the Israeli government by putting the lives of 800,000 people in danger. "Instead of moving the factories, they have instead put in even more sensitive infrastructure."

carcinofuck has issued a correction as of 08:51 on Jan 14, 2024

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Leandros posted:

Requesting that music video compilation of China's standards of living rising precipitously thanks to Mr Xi Jinping

https://streamable.com/p8jepx

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
that looks like something venting some nasty fumes more than an explosion or fire at least in those pics

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

:nice:

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Blowing a safety disc is rare but not impossible, what the gently caress are those clowns doing

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

banger

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

carcinofuck posted:

When the inferior man hears about the Tao, he laughs at it; it would not be the Tao if he did not laugh at it. . . . The clarity of the Tao is taken for darkness.
TTC 41

I love that the very first line of the Tao te Ching boils down to "You want to know what the Tao is? I can't tell you. You're gonna have to figure it out for yourself, dickhead."

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Bastard Tetris posted:

Blowing a safety disc is rare but not impossible, what the gently caress are those clowns doing

incompetence, in my zionism?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

loving lmao. the fascist death drive from the unconscious to factory placement. lmao

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Multiple times I tried looking for this a year ago and could never find it, thanks

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

"The refineries stated: 'A sudden increase in pressure in a protected high-pressure facility caused a safety disc to rupture. As a result, a sudden noise similar to an explosion was produced. This is a statistical phenomenon that happens from time to time, but the causes are still being investigated. There isn't and wasn't any danger to the workers and the public.'"

Considering the pictures in the article, this certainly doesn't seem like a "statistical phenomenon that happens from time to time" but what do I know

As a devoted viewer of the US Chemical Safety Board's very well produced accident postmortem videos, I can say rapid increases or decrease in pressure in any system are considered safe to ignore

Here's the link case anyone wants to be fully captivated by explanations of industrial accidents and lose a few hours

https://www.youtube.com/@USCSB

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
posting from 15 pages in the past to say: lol

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Sancho Banana posted:

Literally "Sometimes, refineries just do that" lol

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Crazypoops posted:

Lol they are trying to regional war with no intelligence. Lol is the CIA too busy blowing up their own infrastructure?

If target people don't post about the topic online in detail then modern Western intelligence services are completely blind.

They're just search aggregators in uniform with an "intelligence" prefix.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sancho Banana posted:

Thank goodness strikes aren't a security incident but instead a "statistical phenomenon". I mean yeah. Sure. That's technically true. Which as we all know is the best kind of true.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

anyone else fascinated by this (everything oct7 onwards) turning into a world event kind of thing? maybe ive had my head in the sand but everyone coming out of the woodwork to make firm stances has ww1 vibes no?

thehandtruck has issued a correction as of 10:00 on Jan 14, 2024

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Germany about to be the antagonists of a third world war is darkly funny somehow, yes.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I do not know what countries will fight world war 3 but world war 4 will be fought by north Germany and south Germany

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Germany about to be the antagonists of a third world war is darkly funny somehow, yes.

yeah i was thinking about that. surely they're taking this stance due their, uh, stuff, in ww2 right?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

what, you aren't afraid of their six used police cars they sent to ukraine last round

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

According to the former head of the Shin Bet, Yaakov Peri, the current guy (Ronen Bar) said that he intends to resign after the war ends

https://twitter.com/ynetalerts/status/1746455959084454118?t=fBs3WPimY2U1z2ym736bTQ&s=19

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

thehandtruck posted:

anyone else fascinated by this (everything oct7 onwards) turning into a world event kind of thing? maybe ive had my head in the sand but everyone coming out of the woodwork to make firm stances has ww1 vibes no?

I mean, this thread was only a couple hundred pages for the first few years of its existence and in the last 100 days gained over 2000 pages of posts. so yeah I think almost everyone here sees how thoroughly the Oct 7 uprising changed things

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Every paper tiger gets rained on eventually.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
Every world war is just unfinished Prussian business?

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

DancingShade posted:

Every paper tiger gets rained on eventually.

that would be a good subtitle for the ww3 thread

HazCat
May 4, 2009

thehandtruck posted:

yeah i was thinking about that. surely they're taking this stance due their, uh, stuff, in ww2 right?

According to FF (if I have understood him correctly), Germany needs Israel to continue existing because otherwise all the Jews in Germany stop being temporarily geographically-embarrassed Israelis and start being German Jews.

Even worse, if Israel collapses, all the German Jews that Germany had managed to rid themselves of might want to come back to the fatherland instead of living in a Palestinian state.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

HazCat posted:

According to FF (if I have understood him correctly), Germany needs Israel to continue existing because otherwise all the Jews in Germany stop being temporarily geographically-embarrassed Israelis and start being German Jews.

Even worse, if Israel collapses, all the German Jews that Germany had managed to rid themselves of might want to come back to the fatherland instead of living in a Palestinian state.

There's a probably a lot less Jews than dirty Turks and Arabs, but they probably have a bit more social capital so maybe they're an equivalent thorn in the side of the original nazis.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

HazCat posted:

drat nobody wants us lol

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
50/50 Israel attacked their own refinery the way they operate

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
I guess this guy is some kind of 'agriculture in gaza' youtuber, homeless and gardenless living in a refugee tent, modeling his gratitude and patient and resilience in adversity for his three daughters as they open up an aid package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj3o5bKvUNQ

;_;

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

HazCat posted:

The last century has been full of fallen empires finding excuses to never pay back what they stole and restablish themselves using that plunder.

How much of the "german miracle" was funded by that i wonder

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Ansar Allah did a little practice raid on a simulated Kibbutz. The pronounciation is akward but they're yelling "get up" (kum) and "forward" (kadima) in Hebrew at the guys playing the hostages.

https://twitter.com/kaisos1987/status/1746155327928549769?t=kb-G6kSz9Uix5jRe1cVI5g&s=19

lol at the guy busting open the door and shooting the picture of Hitler 2 on the wall, gently caress yeah

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

Ansar Allah did a little practice raid on a simulated Kibbutz. The pronounciation is akward but they're yelling "get up" (kum) and "forward" (kadima) in Hebrew at the guys playing the hostages.

https://twitter.com/kaisos1987/status/1746155327928549769?t=kb-G6kSz9Uix5jRe1cVI5g&s=19

lol at the guy busting open the door and shooting the picture of Hitler 2 on the wall, gently caress yeah

the houthis are such dreamers and achievers i love them

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hadji murad posted:

50/50 Israel attacked their own refinery the way they operate

Was it hit by one of their own malfunctioning iron dome interceptors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Al-Saqr posted:

the houthis are such dreamers and achievers i love them

here's to the do'ers