Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
They went from some guys in the hills to: taking over the most populated parts of Yemen (including the capital), defeating the gulf states, shutting down Western trade in the Red Sea, and now facing down the Americans and British. Where will they go next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Ardennes posted:

They went from some guys in the hills to: taking over the most populated parts of Yemen (including the capital), defeating the gulf states, shutting down Western trade in the Red Sea, and now facing down the Americans and British. Where will they go next?

Nuclear superpower by 2050

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Going by the history of Yemen, it seems like the Ansarallah government is actually a coalition of all the non-Saudi puppet factions of Yemen.

a vibrant youth movement as well.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Karach posted:

The Khague

lol

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Sancho Banana posted:

Nuclear superpower by 2050

2050? Oh ye of little faith.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

MonsieurChoc posted:

Going by the history of Yemen, it seems like the Ansarallah government is actually a coalition of all the non-Saudi puppet factions of Yemen.

Akshually the Saudi puppets are the internationally recognized government, so anything Ansarallah does is illegitimate and they deserve to be bombed by the US.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Marenghi posted:

Akshually the Saudi puppets are the internationally recognized government, so anything Ansarallah does is illegitimate and they deserve to be bombed by the US.

People have no right to choose their own government. It is up to the international community of America and its closest cronies.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

thehandtruck posted:

anyone else fascinated by this (everything oct7 onwards) turning into a world event kind of thing? maybe ive had my head in the sand but everyone coming out of the woodwork to make firm stances has ww1 vibes no?

It's so bizarre if WW3 comes out of this, especially when one side has been clear that they'll stop when a single specific country stops bombing civilians.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

DancingShade posted:

If target people don't post about the topic online in detail then modern Western intelligence services are completely blind.

They're just search aggregators in uniform with an "intelligence" prefix.

Frosted Flake posted:

We're a deeply silly country.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Nasrallah Nothingburger speech happening now.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1746255590911889856

the missing sailors got upgraded to missing navy seals

Missing is a big word.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

bedpan posted:

no, if all they wanted was plausibility they'd say drunk driving accident

spoiled batch of meth

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

You know, I get it

In many ways I am still searching for my father, though he died several years ago

We should allow the navy the grace to grieve in their own way

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Orange Devil posted:

Missing is a big word.

navy seals who can pilot a F-18

Palladium has issued a correction as of 14:16 on Jan 14, 2024

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1746255590911889856

the missing sailors got upgraded to missing navy seals

they're just very good at hide and seek ok?

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Ardennes posted:

Declaring the resurrection of the caliphate by 2040 and the first caliph is a catboy vtuber

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It’s very funny because the best maritime survival company makes PFDs, immersion suits and beacons for SEALS you can’t even buy

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
do they do tactical water wings?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

road potato
Dec 19, 2005
The main MC for the local Gaza solidarity rally was with the group Grandmothers for Peace, so she opened with the fact that everyone needed to make sure they grabbed cookies and hot chocolate (it was about 10 degrees out) because that's what grandmothers do, and included 'power to the Houthis' as a part of her closing remarks.

Never thought I'd live to hear white midwestern grandmas shouting that out to a receptive crowd on mic, but there we go.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

hell yeah

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

road potato posted:

The main MC for the local Gaza solidarity rally was with the group Grandmothers for Peace, so she opened with the fact that everyone needed to make sure they grabbed cookies and hot chocolate (it was about 10 degrees out) because that's what grandmothers do, and included 'power to the Houthis' as a part of her closing remarks.

Never thought I'd live to hear white midwestern grandmas shouting that out to a receptive crowd on mic, but there we go.

gently caress yes, that's awesome

I feel like the gulf between the elites (and their liberal lapdogs) and the people has never been as obviously wide nor the contradictions as obviously heightened, at least in my lifetime. Even in my utterly dogshit country (UK) 7 out of 10 people want an immediate ceasefire. This is the country that voted for Brexit

If this really is the beginning of the next world war then I will at least be content to know, from the depths of my heart and with a certainty I rarely feel, whose side I am on

Victory to Yemen, victory to Palestine

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Ardennes posted:

disneyworld

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
put down rabid dog israel

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

exmarx posted:

the houthis are about to find out why americans don't deserve universal healthcare

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ardennes posted:

“I fear all we have done is awaken a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve”

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Sancho Banana posted:

Ansar Allah did a little practice raid on a simulated Kibbutz. The pronounciation is akward but they're yelling "get up" (kum) and "forward" (kadima) in Hebrew at the guys playing the hostages.

https://twitter.com/kaisos1987/status/1746155327928549769?t=kb-G6kSz9Uix5jRe1cVI5g&s=19

lol at the guy busting open the door and shooting the picture of Hitler 2 on the wall, gently caress yeah

I knew it was coming but I still Houth'ed and hollered when they blew it up

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Lol

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Much obliged!:tipshat:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Sancho Banana posted:

Ansar Allah did a little practice raid on a simulated Kibbutz. The pronounciation is akward but they're yelling "get up" (kum) and "forward" (kadima) in Hebrew at the guys playing the hostages.

https://twitter.com/kaisos1987/status/1746155327928549769?t=kb-G6kSz9Uix5jRe1cVI5g&s=19

lol at the guy busting open the door and shooting the picture of Hitler 2 on the wall, gently caress yeah

opfor roleplayers trembling in fear is a theatrical touch you wouldn't get from anyone else

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

road potato posted:

It's well established ITT that moms love Houthis.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

the bitcoin of weed posted:

palestine will be free

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

the bitcoin of weed posted:

palestine will be free

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Sancho Banana posted:

Is tactical spec ops flag bearer a permanent position or do they rotate the job?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

https://twitter.com/upholdreality/status/1746540647249519086?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/AymanMSNBC/status/1746342138156056866?t=ndfo_dCW2UQuK4_6g7BpKg&s=19

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/IsraeliPM/status/1746277892491727341

Uhhhh...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
if the us doesnt contain yemen the whole god dmed gulf will be speaking arabic and praying to mecca

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

rip to that guy, accidentally killed by a misfired hamas bullet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Marenghi posted:

really disappointed by my buddy who is pro Palestine and pulled this. but he is also burger how would he have known the nuances, there isn't really any education on yemeni history, he will learn