Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Do you folks love or hate when video games have long cutscenes?

I love those 4 hour long nonsensical Kojima cutscene.

It depends on the quality and what the cutscenes are about. Last long cutscene I sat through was in Genshin Impact, where my reactions generally bounce between "oh my god shut UP Paimon" to "you fucks, I'm crying, gently caress you," and this last one was definitely a hard hitting one that I loved. But there have been others where I'm just trying to restrain the urge to skip through most of it.

I think generally, if the cutscene's being wordy for the sake of being wordy, I'm very uninterested, but if it's payoff for an entire arc or hitting some emotional beats, I can watch that all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

T-Square posted:

I’m alright with them. I grew up with a couple of friends that loved MGS and enjoyed watching them play it.

But now I kinda wanna do it myself so someone tell me what’s up with this MGS Master Collection

It sounds like it’s basically a port of the MGS HD Collection that came out on PS3, but if you don’t have any of the MGS games already or old systems it should be acceptable. MGS 1-3 are all incredible, and it also has two older 8-bit games as well. Sounds like it’s available everywhere, but the Switch version runs MGS2 and 3 at 30 fps.

I do love the MGS intro, as well as some of those beginning/end of chapter Yakuza series cutscenes. So many are so good and melodramatic.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The power came back on briefly at 4:20am (:420:)…

…before going back out. :negative:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Final Fantasy 14 has a thing where if there is going to be a lot of cut scenes, when you start the quest it will pop up a box that says yo it's gonna be awhile last chance to finish stuff or eat or go to the bathroom.

FF14 players have been trained to cower in fear when that drat box and dialogue shows up because whenever it does things get fuckin real, and will probably emotionally devastate you

In conclusion, Yoship is a monster and must be stopped

All that box told me was slam the button to skip this poo poo and get back to the killing.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Why do my hands get so cold when playing Crusader Kings 3, is this a physiological stress response?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
New year.

New car.

New dog.

Trying to make this something other than 2020, part V.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I’m about halfway through my first playthrough of Cyberpunk 2077 and I think it’s pretty good.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It's getting cold around here but I've heard other places have had two feet of snow.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

It's getting cold around here but I've heard other places have had two feet of snow.

I want you to know I appreciate this.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Pron on VHS posted:

Why do my hands get so cold when playing Crusader Kings 3, is this a physiological stress response?

It’s because your heart is cold from murdering all your relatives.

That or you’re just sitting still for a long time.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

glorious :dadjoke:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

I’m about halfway through my first playthrough of Cyberpunk 2077 and I think it’s pretty good.

That’s because it is!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Silly Burrito posted:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yes I got out of my car to take this picture

https://x.com/formerlyfiz/status/1746577082782560440?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Shoveled my front walk and my driveway. Less than 1" but it's ice.

Now to get some warm food.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It's so cold and dry I static shocked myself so bad I tasted batteries :gonk:

Barudak posted:

All that box told me was slam the button to skip this poo poo and get back to the killing.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Quiet Feet posted:

I want you to know I appreciate this.

Makes sense. Frozen feet are quiet feet.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

When you showed this to your kids (because I KNOW you did, that's a solid :dadjoke: ) how did they react?

Also, question to the chat thread: Who here remembers a photoshop / animated gif thread in GBS many years ago where a soccer player fell over trying to kick the ball. He wasn't contested, it wasn't a foul or anything, he just completely beefed it by kicking the ground before the ball and fell over.

I'm asking this because I remember it being an actual exhibit in the Museum of the Moving Image in Queens NYC. With the animated gifs on loop on different screens. I swear this happened.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

CannonFodder posted:

When you showed this to your kids (because I KNOW you did, that's a solid :dadjoke: ) how did they react?

Got some solid looks here when I asked everyone if they wanted to see a place with two feet of snow.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/billboard/status/1746232581761200495?s=20

Reminder that Brett Favre stole $77 million in welfare funds to build his daughter a volleyball facility at her school.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Its Rinaldo posted:

Final Fantasy 14 has a thing where if there is going to be a lot of cut scenes, when you start the quest it will pop up a box that says yo it's gonna be awhile last chance to finish stuff or eat or go to the bathroom.

FF14 players have been trained to cower in fear when that drat box and dialogue shows up because whenever it does things get fuckin real, and will probably emotionally devastate you

In conclusion, Yoship is a monster and must be stopped

IMHO that is an honorable feature, thank you video game makers

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

After shoveling the ice off my driveway & front walk I wanted something warm, but power is still out at my place. Luckily the Shari's near the airport is open.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I actually finished a sequel recently that asks you at the beginning whether you knew the events of the previous game, quizzed you on them, then if answered correctly triggered alternate dialogue openly discussing the first game's endgame plot. It's a nice feature that I wish games like, say, TotK had incorporated.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Manoueverable posted:

I actually finished a sequel recently that asks you at the beginning whether you knew the events of the previous game, quizzed you on them, then if answered correctly triggered alternate dialogue openly discussing the first game's endgame plot. It's a nice feature that I wish games like, say, TotK had incorporated.

What game?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

After shoveling the ice off my driveway & front walk I wanted something warm, but power is still out at my place. Luckily the Shari's near the airport is open.

I’d put that down sub 10

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CannonFodder posted:

One of these is Braks.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I came down to Florida with the gf to visit her college friends. They’re all married so I’m hanging out with their husbands while the girls go off and do stuff. We played golf today and I swear to god they haven’t stopped complaining about their wives. Idk if it’s like bro culture or whatever but it’s annoying as hell. They tried roping me in like “does your girl annoy you too?” And I’m like…no, she’s awesome and I love hanging out with her wtf, and even if she did I wouldn’t talk poo poo about her to you losers.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I came down to Florida with the gf to visit her college friends. They’re all married so I’m hanging out with their husbands while the girls go off and do stuff. We played golf today and I swear to god they haven’t stopped complaining about their wives. Idk if it’s like bro culture or whatever but it’s annoying as hell. They tried roping me in like “does your girl annoy you too?” And I’m like…no, she’s awesome and I love hanging out with her wtf, and even if she did I wouldn’t talk poo poo about her to you losers.

Wife complainers are the worst. I’m never quite sure if it’s a cultural expectation among bros or what, but like, marriages and relationships are voluntary endeavors and you’re supposed to be a team.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Manoueverable posted:

I'm glad the comic thing in Mass Effect 2 has made Mass Effect 1 irrelevant

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Joey Freshwater posted:

My wife has mentioned this with her coworkers complaining about their husbands very regularly. Imo if you have to immediately start venting vitriol about your SO the second you're out of earshot, maybe reconsider that relationship.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

LeeMajors posted:

Wife complainers are the worst. I’m never quite sure if it’s a cultural expectation among bros or what, but like, marriages and relationships are voluntary endeavors and you’re supposed to be a team.

Fellas, is it gay to love and respect your wife :thunk:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Joey Freshwater posted:

When I go on my weekly hikes with fellow goon Crosshatch he will sometimes vent about his wife. I suspect I'm one of the only people he can talk to about it besides his therapist or his family members so I let it slide. I do like his wife & think the two of them are good for each other, but I also recognize some of the issues Crosshatch has with her. :shrug:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Freaquency posted:

Fellas, is it gay to love and respect your wife :thunk:

Yes

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They’re idiots for getting married so stop complaining and watch this drive

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

One of our friends spent way too many years in a toxic, codependent relationship that was initially romantic then friends but she always hoped would turn back to romantic. By the time she woke up and realized it was done (which might have been around the time he proposed to someone else), she got desperate not to be the last person in her friend group to get married. She's now engaged to a guy with around zero redeeming qualities, and I've never heard her say a positive word about him, but by god at least she's moving forward with the next major life step.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The occasional venting I think is fine, no person or marriage is perfect and being able to let it out once in a while I think is healthy. Spending hours doing that is excessive though, and especially doing it in front of a stranger is especially odd to me.

Too many people get married just to get married and then proceed to spend decades in a lovely relationship. That or they think complaining about your wife is just what men do or something.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I express concerns, criticisms, and curiosities, about my significant other exclusively to my professional therapist.

Maybe I’m just built different, ford tough

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Actually I also have mature and respectful communications with my significant other about possible sources of tension so that we can take a collaborative solution-oriented approach based on mutual respect and compassion.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
If something bothers you about your SO and you won't bring it up with them, you're not allowed to bring it up with someone else. Especially not a random stranger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
If the only time you talk about your SO to others is to complain about them, it's definitely a problem, but I think it's fine to vent about trivial things like how much you hate their favorite TV show to other people.