Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Finally defeated someone in a 1000 point game spce marines vs tyranids :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Out of all the possible marine boxes a DA themed one purely made up of Terminators is definitely gonna sell out the fastest

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Off topic but I loving hate Honsou.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Eej posted:

Out of all the possible marine boxes a DA themed one purely made up of Terminators is definitely gonna sell out the fastest

if i didnt have like 15 squads of termies id be keen on it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

The Demilich posted:

He loving sucks

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yo, what gives, why do chaos legions have the tactical marine/order arrow on their shoulder pads?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Lostconfused posted:

Yo, what gives, why do chaos legions have the tactical marine/order arrow on their shoulder pads?

That's actually an upvote, legionaries are big fans of Reddit

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Some of the forge world squad markings have the current arrows or extremely similar in heresy era

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Crossposting from the painting thread: I Finally finished my first raven guard squad! Presenting the 3rd shadow company's 2nd assault squad, led by brother sergeant Larinae. There should be enough latin names for seagulls to fill out the names for the rest of the company, too. If anyone wants a closer look on any individual model, I've posted them in the painting thread as I've finished them!

It's been slow going, but I'm real happy with the result

Bohemian Nights posted:

Got the boys together for a group shot, which turns out to be really hard, and I now understand how people end up buying these little spinning platforms.

Time to move on to the grotmas gitz- I at least aim to finish the base before I paint more space marines. Aside from a jetpack captain, I've got some exterminators and a pack of infiltrators that needs to be assembled and primed!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

The Demilich posted:

this will never be off topic

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I also hate whoever created that character.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Looked it up, of course it had to be Graham McNeill.
Honsou is just a traiter version of the old Cato Sicarius.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

The Demilich posted:

i looked it up and it and he's some iron warriors tech marine or something? why do people hate him?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Sherbert Hoover posted:

i looked it up and it and he's some iron warriors tech marine or something? why do people hate him?

Hi, my name is Honsou. I'm the most written about character the Iron Warriors have. I'm so good at being an Iron Warrior I beat Perturabo in a tabletop wargame. Don't mind me, I'm the face of a Legion despite being half Imperial Fist! Would you like to see my cool necron arm that gives me no ill effects like it did primarch Ferrus?

I wish he'd moonwalk back into that giant demon pussy he made and gently caress off forever.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Daemonculabas are probably the most Heavy Metal magazine thing about 40K and it's gross and Honsou is gross for engineering it but we have Ventris to thank for ending it.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Daemonculabas
It's only January 14th and I'm confident that when the year ends that this will still be the worst the thing I've googled in 2024.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Can they get whoever is making sigmar chaos sculpts do some work for 40K? Look at the chosen side by side and one of them doesn't look nearly as good.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The best thing about the 40k Chosen is that they're an incredibly good source of bits.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Double postin time!!

Starting on my World Eaters, they're actually really fun sculpts to paint, probably cause they have less trim than a regular Chaos Space Marine

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The old World Eaters color scheme is so satisfying

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

That's one dirty murder boy. A lot more interesting than plain white.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Lostconfused posted:

Can they get whoever is making sigmar chaos sculpts do some work for 40K? Look at the chosen side by side and one of them doesn't look nearly as good.

They got the good sculptors to do the new possessed and cultist torment models. I recently made some chaos spawn from the latter and they're fantastic.

Eej posted:

Starting on my World Eaters, they're actually really fun sculpts to paint, probably cause they have less trim than a regular Chaos Space Marine

Nice!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

you don’t hate honsou, you don’t hate Uriel Ventris, you don’t even hate lexell kotov. You hate Graham McNeill and you are right to do so

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I fuckin hate Erebus tho

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

xtothez posted:

That's actually an upvote, legionaries are big fans of Reddit

This explains so much.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

you don’t hate honsou, you don’t hate Uriel Ventris, you don’t even hate lexell kotov. You hate Graham McNeill and you are right to do so

Frankly I hate Gav Thorpe more.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Cooked Auto posted:

Frankly I hate Gav Thorpe more.

there’s room in your heart for many hates

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Forges of Mars was really cool. I liked Mechanicus too.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

xtothez posted:

Who wants Dark Angels? me, if I manage to get one of the five copies they made

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/14/sunday-preview-deathwing-assault/

Are the knights actually a slightly smaller scale than the rest of them?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Is Graham McNeill the Kevin J. Anderson of Warhammer authors?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

xtothez posted:

They got the good sculptors to do the new possessed and cultist torment models. I recently made some chaos spawn from the latter and they're fantastic.
Huh, you're right. Possessed do have the same design touches as age of sigmar stuff.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Marmaduke! posted:

Are the knights actually a slightly smaller scale than the rest of them?

I think that's from the photography, and how they arranged the models together. If you focus on the bases, the models on the bottom row are slightly scaled up compared to the ones above, and I think the middle row is also larger than the top row. I don't know why they'd arrange it that way, because it makes Belial look tiny compared to the regular terminators at the bottom, but if you compare the models across each row to each other, they're all pretty much the same height

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Erebus is fun to hate. Honsou just sucks and makes me like Iron Warriors less

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Graham McNeil showed up with his son for an impromptu book signing at my local GW store and honestly he was a pretty cool dude.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

there’s room in your heart for many hates

True, but I can't hate McNeill after reading his Snowdog story.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
So I've gone all in on a Snakebites Ork army. Had to get a trukk for my Nobz but I want to give it that Beast Snagga feel. Any recommendations on what bits I could hunt down to get some pelts, bones, horns, or teeth?

Edit: even some terms to google just so I'm getting stuff at the right size.

Testikles fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 15, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Google "texture roller green stuff scales" or something similar for ideas on how to make a sheet of green stuff with some kind of scaled or leathery texture and drape that poo poo all over your vehicles. That should be a good start.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sharkopath posted:

Forges of Mars was really cool. I liked Mechanicus too.

Hiw writing is really repetitive and he has to end every single chapter on some sort of one-liner

Like literally, every single time it's bizarre once you notice it

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Testikles posted:

So I've gone all in on a Snakebites Ork army. Had to get a trukk for my Nobz but I want to give it that Beast Snagga feel. Any recommendations on what bits I could hunt down to get some pelts, bones, horns, or teeth?

Edit: even some terms to google just so I'm getting stuff at the right size.

You've got plenty of teeth in your mouth to start with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Wrr posted:

You've got plenty of teeth in your mouth to start with.

But they're not pointy enough!