Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

I started watching that Midwest Magic Cleaning channel some other guy posted and it's oddly addictive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdNJkRyzA88

Getting an odd kick though out of thinking the guy sounds like a grown up adult version of Butthead.
Unsurprisingly, he does a good Beavis and Butthead (employed judiciously). I also thought he sounded a lot like forums LP guy Geop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

kids room in divorced dad's lovely apartment

OP with more surreal extremely divorced atmosphere

https://www.reddit.com/r/malelivingspace/s/fOOZaBgath

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 15, 2024

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
That top bunk is def cursed.
WTF

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The lighting is fun too

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe
The gently caress is a male living space

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Scratch Monkey posted:

Wasn’t that a joke bad investment from Brewster’s Millions?

Yes. IIRC it was also one of the ones that paid off bigly and messed up his plan.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cosmik Debris posted:

It's when there is no women around making you conform to decorating trends so you can decorate your whole house like a mancave.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Cosmik Debris posted:

A liminal space where guys both divorced and divorced in spirit can bro out before they either snap out of it or tumble down the epistemic stairwell to inceldom.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cosmik Debris posted:

a ceiling a chair and a tv

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yes. IIRC it was also one of the ones that paid off bigly and messed up his plan.

lmao if that's where they got the idea

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Cosmik Debris posted:

a place where you can drink soup and then fart and you are the only one who regrets it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I just call that "my apartment"

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

When my mom left, my dad had "this really good recipe" that was plain unbreaded baked chicken breast with salsa on top. Male living spaces are like that but for home decor.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Killingyouguy! posted:

When my mom left, my dad had "this really good recipe" that was plain unbreaded baked chicken breast with salsa on top. Male living spaces are like that but for home decor.

Salsa is a bit spicy, can I substitute mayonnaise?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Cosmik Debris posted:

hawowanlawow posted:

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Cosmik Debris posted:

you would think it's just a bunch of bro-y bedrooms with poo poo like black comforters and underlights on the bed, but it's actually just a subreddit full of people with Eames chairs in their hipster record listening nook

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Cosmik Debris posted:

A room that has dick and balls

https://youtu.be/HJQHk5lmTwQ?si=LP2Gkd2l1B9HojEn

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Glottis posted:

you would think it's just a bunch of bro-y bedrooms with poo poo like black comforters and underlights on the bed, but it's actually just a subreddit full of people with Eames chairs in their hipster record listening nook

There was a funny one a couple days ago where he had road signs but yeah, a LOT of wealth in some of these

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe

loving lol

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

someone share that weird autistic lady's actual cave.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I think I'm going to go with, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, a grey sofa.

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

Killingyouguy! posted:

Thank god my dad managed two restaurants when they divorced. Only good thing about his weekends was the food

edit: the curse is he would slice slivers of raw steak from customers orders and eat it. raw.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

hawowanlawow posted:

There's a lot going on in every picture in this post, but I think my favorite detail is divorced dad watching TNG. This is art. (Great episode too.)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

hawowanlawow posted:

crawling into the top bunk like im gordon freeman clearing the hvac ducts of headcrabs

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

definitely not going to be reading into his choice of an episode where picard wakes up to find his wife and children were a lie told by a passing rocketship.

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

dibs on top bunk

Cosmik Debris fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 15, 2024

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I'm the TV practically on the ceiling

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Nah the bunk beds are perfect for divorced guy. Then they can change the sheets three times less often than they normally would, so like once every three years or something?

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

Lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/malelivingspace/comments/196i652/i_want_to_paint_house_black_most_of_my/

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

dr_rat posted:

Nah the bunk beds are perfect for divorced guy. Then they can change the sheets three times less often than they normally would, so like once every three years or something?

That's the room for when his kids are staying with him. I'm sure whoever gets the top bunk inches from the ceiling will be thrilled. So will whoever gets the one on the floor, lol. How hard would it have been to get a pair of normal bunk beds?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I see a beige house and I want it painted black

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

How did an edgy teenager afford a house?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I really don't think the black looks that bad, maybe a bit corporate, although other than the brick driveway rundown corporate office is sort of the vibe the house gives so hard to get away from that. Black would definitely be better than how it's currently painted, and black houses aren't exactly rare these days.

Do agree with the comments that there are some better options, but I reckon there's also a lot worse. I reckon if they want black just go with it.

If the roof of the buildings accessible having some plants hanging over the side I think would actually improve the look of the place a lot.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 15, 2024

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Crescent Wrench posted:

There's a lot going on in every picture in this post, but I think my favorite detail is divorced dad watching TNG. This is art. (Great episode too.)

I'm gonna go with the painfully optimistic love lights in the bedroom:

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I'm the MEGA-GULP next to the CPAP machine.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm gonna go with the painfully optimistic love lights in the bedroom:

Is that a CPAP and a big gulp?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Black is different at least.

Theres a lot of old Victorians with some strange color combos where I live. Theres a pale pink and black one that I like

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

McGavin posted:

Is that a CPAP and a big gulp?

Is it really such a big shock that they can live happily side by side in the wild?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

titty_baby_ posted:

Theres a lot of old Victorians with some strange color combos where I live. Theres a pale pink and black one that I like

Exactly. I think houses that try something a bit different and maybe don't quite pull it off are much better than houses that look identical to every other house on the street. At least their interesting and have some character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

titty_baby_ posted:

:hmmyes: