Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I feel glad that my team killed the playoff hopes of not one, but two different Florida teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean how many QBs actually play well under pressure? That’s kind of why the o line is there

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i would like to see how other QBs PFF stats compare to under pressure vs not but i imagine the difference for Tua is worse than most

edit: i saw that stat posted on reddit and someone said he's ranked 14th in the league

epic bacon fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 14, 2024

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Tua looked good the first quarter of the year and then coasted off his reputation from that.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Pain of Mind posted:

Tua and The Dolphins Offense looked good the first quarter of the year and then coasted off his reputation from that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Pain of Mind posted:

Tua looked good the first quarter of the year and then coasted off his reputation from that.
He did start to get more banged up by the end of the season, but that's not the main problem

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i just hate that the only time in the past 2 years that i've seen Tua have "ice in his veins" or whatever you call that intangible that good QBs have was in the Ravens game in September of 2022. forget even just end of game drives, has he even had a good end of the 1st half drive since then? literally any sense of urgency just destabilizes him completely

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FlamingLiberal posted:

That Titans game ended up being the entire season. If they don't blow that game, they win the division and that Bills game last week doesn't matter either way. Then they would have been playing their first playoff game at home and not in a deep freezer.

This is I think a good example of the problems with Tua. He's great when he has time, but if he gets hurried he just becomes a bad QB.

https://twitter.com/PFF_RyanSmith/status/1746586675579339163?s=20

Is he just a tinier version of Goff then?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Dak is mid

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

People arguing for paying Tua like Dak's been paid sweating a lot this weekend

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

epic bacon posted:

i just hate that the only time in the past 2 years that i've seen Tua have "ice in his veins" or whatever you call that intangible that good QBs have was in the Ravens game in September of 2022. forget even just end of game drives, has he even had a good end of the 1st half drive since then? literally any sense of urgency just destabilizes him completely

May I direct you to week 1 of this very season?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
:doink:

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

TheBizzness posted:

May I direct you to week 1 of this very season?

wow you're right i forgot about that one. maybe it's because the other team's coach was fired midseason. either way it seems to be that Tua is most clutch in September, which is the worst time to be "most clutch"

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Mike McCarthy might be fired by halftime lmao

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

epic bacon posted:

wow you're right i forgot about that one. maybe it's because the other team's coach was fired midseason. either way it seems to be that Tua is most clutch in September, which is the worst time to be "most clutch"

As temperatures drop and reps rise, I honestly wonder if it affects his hip still and always will.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1744159653334765774

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Dear Mike "Pigfucker" McCarthy,

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

She was 25 when the game started

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

1 md/s

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Tua Turndaballova

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

Tua Turndaballova

Listen: a neat cape has become unstuck in time.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Possibly should have had concerns when Miami beat Dallas

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

HERE WE GOOOOO

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Fat Mike.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

AndrewP posted:

Dallas lost to Arizona.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Dallas lost to Arizona.

so did the Eagles

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fartknocker posted:

so did the Eagles

Yea, they suck too.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AndrewP posted:

Miami beat less winning teams this year then the Patriots did. We should've realized.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
The problem in Dallas is not Dak, who's fine. It's not McCarthy, who is laughable but fine.

It is, and has been for decades, Jerry Jones. Enjoy the next century with your ghoul owner, Dallas!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Scarabrae posted:

HERE WE GOOOOO
Turns out they're going home for the season!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Coldforge posted:

The problem in Dallas is not Dak, who's fine. It's not McCarthy, who is laughable but fine.

It is, and has been for decades, Jerry Jones. Enjoy the next century with your ghoul owner, Dallas!

Their problem today sure seems to be Mike McCarthy who apparently did not do anything to prepare his team to play this game. Did he think they had a bye?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Dallas Cowboys.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Happy Dallas Chokes in the Playoffs day to all who celebrate!!!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
lol Dallas.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That score was not as close as it was. Lot of prevent d and garbage time.

Packers dominated the Cowboys and Dak looked like poo poo (even with those padding rear end stats)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

a neat cape posted:

Tua Turndaballova

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress the Cowboys! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Jimmy Johnson looks like he’s about to cry.