Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

a neat cape posted:

Tua Turndaballova

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is this the worst cowboys playoff loss ever? Gotta be way up there. Blown out by a 7 seed the barely squeaked into the playoffs on tiebreakers.

e: typo

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 15, 2024

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

How
Bout
Them
Boys

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the cowboys have had like six catastrophic playoff losses in the last twenty years. there's far too many of them at this point

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Is this the worst cowboys playoff loss ever? Gotta be way up there. Blown out by a 7 seed the barely squeaked into the playoffs on tiebreakers.

e: typo

there's a lot of candidates, tbh

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

credit Chris James 2

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Kinda lame how all the top-seeded teams have just effortlessly blown out their competition in each SUPER Wild Card Weekend game so far.

...hold on, I'm now hearing that the Packers were the 7 seed????

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

corn on the cop posted:

the cowboys have had like six catastrophic playoff losses in the last twenty years. there's far too many of them at this point

They're having them every year now. I'd say it's starting to get old, but lol it'll never get old.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Vertical Lime posted:

there's a lot of candidates, tbh

- romo bobbles the snap
- 13 pro bowlers versus eli manning
- 34-3
- dez caught it
- 35 seconds
- losing to jimmy garoppolo

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Vox Nihili posted:

Kinda lame how all the top-seeded teams have just effortlessly blown out their competition in each SUPER Wild Card Weekend game so far.

...hold on, I'm now hearing that the Packers were the 7 seed????

First 7 seed to win a playoff game too.

The record was 0-6.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Packers baby.

Win a playoff game = automatically good season

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

corn on the cop posted:

- romo bobbles the snap
- 13 pro bowlers versus eli manning
- 34-3
- dez caught it
- 35 seconds
- losing to jimmy garoppolo

the ice bowl
the catch
the cardinals' only playoff win between 1947 and kurt warner

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Their problem today sure seems to be Mike McCarthy who apparently did not do anything to prepare his team to play this game. Did he think they had a bye?

They have a roster full of holes and overhyped players that Jerry insists is a contender every year, and because of that they never address the team’s issues.

Jerry is their GM and back-seat coaches the team. It doesn’t matter who their HC is.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Coldforge posted:

They have a roster full of holes and overhyped players that Jerry insists is a contender every year, and because of that they never address the team’s issues.

Jerry is their GM and back-seat coaches the team. It doesn’t matter who their HC is.

They won 12 games and were the 2 seed based on the strength of the roster. The roster is fine, they just got embarrassingly out coached on both side of the ball. Jerry didn’t make the defense leave Musgrave as open as anyone has ever been in the NFL or make Dak throw it straight to a Packer.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They won 12 games and were the 2 seed based on the strength of the roster. The roster is fine, they just got embarrassingly out coached on both side of the ball. Jerry didn’t make the defense leave Musgrave as open as anyone has ever been in the NFL or make Dak throw it straight to a Packer.

Nah, to all of that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Coldforge posted:

Nah, to all of that.

K

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean they had a top 5 defense so I don’t think you can say the roster is bad unless it being the playoffs just makes them automatically bad

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Vertical Lime posted:

the cardinals' only playoff win between 1947 and kurt warner

first cardinals game i can remember watching after moving to AZ :devil:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

After 22 years of life I can finally say I am no longer a fan of the Dallas Cowboys franchise. It's been an abusive, atrocious, horrendous, and dreadful relationship with absolute no uprise. This team has taken years off my life and this delusion that we will ever win a Super Bowl again, has to stop. I will finally walk away and move on with my life. I Love all of Cowboys Nation, wish y'all the best and realize walking away is ok. It's insanity to root for this franchise at this point and it's not good for your long term mental and physical health. Please don't wait as long as I did. Nothing will ever change, it's cursed.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

oh, how did i forget that for the moment, the lions' only playoff win since 1957 was against the cowboys

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They are a bad team who had a soft, soft schedule and didn't have any significant injuries.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Mystic Stylez posted:

After 22 years of life I can finally say I am no longer a fan of the Dallas Cowboys franchise. It's been an abusive, atrocious, horrendous, and dreadful relationship with absolute no uprise. This team has taken years off my life and this delusion that we will ever win a Super Bowl again, has to stop. I will finally walk away and move on with my life. I Love all of Cowboys Nation, wish y'all the best and realize walking away is ok. It's insanity to root for this franchise at this point and it's not good for your long term mental and physical health. Please don't wait as long as I did. Nothing will ever change, it's cursed.

My friend, the secret is to savor the victories and :lol: at Jerry Jones when the losses happen. Post-Romo I don’t even let it get to me all that much anymore. Embrace the ambivalence when the inevitable clownshoes ending comes to end the season.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://x.com/JennaLaineESPN/status/1746696847622561923?s=20

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

There is clearly some talent on the cowboys roster and the problem is clearly more due to Mike than Jerry.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Still without power so I missed the Packers/Cowboys game (and will miss Rams/Lions).

Pizza & beer to celebrate seeing the score for the early game.

:rubby:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

There is clearly some talent on the cowboys roster and the problem is clearly more due to Mike than Jerry.

Same poo poo for 20 years, and it's always due to whatever coach they currently have, lmao.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Android Apocalypse posted:

Still without power so I missed the Packers/Cowboys game (and will miss Rams/Lions).

Pizza & beer to celebrate seeing the score for the early game.

:rubby:

Rainier. Excellent choice.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Coldforge posted:

Same poo poo for 20 years, and it's always due to whatever coach they currently have, lmao.

What exactly do you think Jerry does?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Twitter still has it from time to time

https://x.com/49ersspin/status/1746691723386909176?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Coldforge posted:

It’s the same poo poo because Jerry doesn’t want to hire a coach who will actually challenge him since the blowup with Jimmy so he hires morons with whom he is personally comfortable and who he can control.

You must think a whole lot of Jason Garrett for dragging such bad rosters to the playoffs multiple times.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Dak post-game crediting McCarthy for his season, and tying himself to Mike going forward.

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/1746708940715401602?s=20

https://twitter.com/toddarcher/status/1746709689088221556?s=20

https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/1746709988184051737?s=20

kalensc fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 15, 2024

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Mystic Stylez posted:

:cheers:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

kalensc posted:

Dak post-game crediting McCarthy for his season, and tying himself to Mike going forward.

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/1746708940715401602?s=20

Trey and Belichick it is then, I guess.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s the same poo poo because Jerry doesn’t want to hire a coach who will actually challenge him since the blowup with Jimmy so he hires morons with whom he is personally comfortable and who he can control.

This is correct. They generally aren't terrible coaches, but they're ones he can (key word here) control.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

i'm the picture of crying Aikman from his retirement press conference on the wall

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1746704420694311059?t=s4eynhNDakMdXjAa3kOmmg&s=19

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Jerry will absolutely go after Belichek haaarrrd

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
LaFleur deserves COTY votes.

Gutey deserves executive of the year votes.

Jordan Love deserves MVP votes.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Never change Cowboys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the packers now have more playoffs wins at jerryworld than the cowboys