Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

God drat it would be cool if officiating wasn’t just poo poo rear end garbage in every sport this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

"Ref you suck" is what they're chanting?

Sure is

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Master Stur posted:

are the refs ever gonna not gently caress the lions over in critical moments

Really it's the lions fault for doing this dumb gimmick "hard count" thing and expecting the refs to be able to see which color jersey the player jumping over the line is wearing

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Amy Pole Her posted:

Any Dallas fans want to explain why that’s actually a penalty against the lions

They’re too busy buying Texans jerseys

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Amy Pole Her posted:

Its the Lions fault for coming out of their stance just because there was a defender in the neutral zone. Invites the possibility of the refs calling a false start

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

abelwingnut posted:

i know the lions would've gotten a 1st down if the penalty had been rightly called on the rams there, but would they also have been in fg range?

Yeah, the 36 assuming goof didn't throw the ball backwards on the next play

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
to truly break the curse, one thing must now happen:

Stafford must run out of the back of the end zone

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

refs again surprise surprise

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

ACAB

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Seriously. Did they run over a ref's great aunt who was a mamaloi or something?

The Fords have never complained about it and the team has been terrible for half a century so it's accepted.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I just.......goddamnit

We would have at least gotten a FG there. And if that 3 points makes a difference at the end

BURN IT ALL DOWN

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

xbilkis posted:

Its the Lions fault for coming out of their stance just because there was a defender in the neutral zone. Invites the possibility of the refs calling a false start

That's literally the letter of the law though. The refs just called it completely wrong on the field.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Amy Pole Her posted:

😶

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Kloaked00 posted:

I just.......goddamnit

We would have at least gotten a FG there. And if that 3 points makes a difference at the end

BURN IT ALL DOWN

theres no way he makes that kick, unfortunately

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the lions should simply not commit penalties

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

THE FIX IS IN

I know people always love to say this but I think sometimes the refs are just incompetent.. it’s not always a fix, in fact I think most of the time it’s mistakes

Just my opinion of course!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Next level cowardice.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

it owns that the refs can just be wrong and swing games, and the league will either shrug or actually blame the team that got screwed

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Next level cowardice.

You've got Stafford, a minute, and two timeouts, absolutely no excuse not to even try.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

rams are cowards

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Well at least we have the lead at the half.

Really need to get a stop on the Rams first drive of the second

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
The Lions are a significantly better team, they have the lead, they have excellent karma from going for it on fourth downs and bad officiating

The Rams have bad karma for not trying to get at least a field goal there with three timeouts

The outcome of this game isn't in doubt, folks

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Might be a race to 40 lads.

Maybe even 50.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Hmm I have a probably 10-12 pound brisket I'm gonna smoke overnight for lunch tomorrow. It's only 7:30 here though. Do I start everything up and get the meat on during halftime??

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

xbilkis posted:

no

if the offensive lineman doesn't react, that defender can get back before the ball is snapped and chances are the center can't tell for sure from his angle

refs bad

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think the Lions are significantly better, in fact these two teams are very evenly matched imo

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Lions sure as poo poo aren’t a 3rd quarter offense team, so I’m kinda glad for the setup. We stop Stafford or we play on the back foot.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

You've got Stafford, a minute, and two timeouts, absolutely no excuse not to even try.

They did let him try a pass I guess?

Which got a first down, productive! /trots into the locker room

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5jWeGKhyMA

Perfect example of where the fear comes from

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What a game though. Feels like only a matter of time before Detroit pulls away but drat if the Rams won’t go away

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Dango Bango posted:

Hmm I have a probably 10-12 pound brisket I'm gonna smoke overnight for lunch tomorrow. It's only 7:30 here though. Do I start everything up and get the meat on during halftime??

u can easily hold it wrapped up in a cooler and it always takes longer than u think

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

supreme coward poo poo from the rams

and refs

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

DuhSal posted:

I know people always love to say this but I think sometimes the refs are just incompetent.. it’s not always a fix, in fact I think most of the time it’s mistakes

Just my opinion of course!

The issue isn't the call itself but rather that modern cameras can see with perfect clarity the mistake and with ample time to reverse the decision, and yet they are never reversed

I really don't know if the rules even allow that for this or that call, but that's the point. This is so plainly fixable it calls the integrity of the league into question, and literally no one follows the weak rear end "we don't want to interrupt the flow of the game" excuse.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

non zero chance of an all North NFC Championship game

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

to truly break the curse, one thing must now happen:

Stafford must run out of the back of the end zone

Don't you put that evil on us Ricky Bobby

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Shut the gently caress up Jerry Jones

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

boo loving hoo jerry gently caress you

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Lions historically good coming out of halftime, I'm sure things will work out just fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Oh cry some more Skeletor