Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

VanillaGorilla posted:

One of the big rumors out there is that they’re planning to essentially do a “do-over” on Defenders in the sense that there will eventually be a “street-level” collab movie with DD, Echo, and Spider-Man with Kingpin in the “street-level” Thanos role.

Basically a modified version of the Devil’s Reign event where Kingpin becomes mayor of New York and outlaws vigilantism

I think the last I heard is that they’re floating this for Spider-Man 4, which will probably be Tom Holland’s last go unless they’re willing to let Peter Parker actually age in the MCU

He’s signed on for another trilogy, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

He’s signed on for another trilogy, no?

I don’t think that’s ever been outright confirmed - there were rumors he signed a deal a couple of years ago but that got debunked and he started talking a lot last year about wanting to change things up in his career and not wanting to play the character into his 30’s.

Maybe that’s posturing to get a better deal, but I don’t think it’s safe to think he’s signed for anything more than Spider-Man 4, at this point (and we don’t even really know that).

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

VanillaGorilla posted:

I don’t think that’s ever been outright confirmed - there were rumors he signed a deal a couple of years ago but that got debunked and he started talking a lot last year about wanting to change things up in his career and not wanting to play the character into his 30’s.
I have a hypothesis that Toby Maguire had a talk with him about how to get the most out of being a franchise lead because ever since they were in No Way Home together, Holland has been saying all the right things to get himself a big fat raise.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Holy poo poo, Echo is much,much better than whatever Secret Invasion was. That was some decent TV right there.

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.
Secret Invasion is an easy fix. Just add a title card to the beginning of the first episode that reads “Earth-4763”.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

I have a hypothesis that Toby Maguire had a talk with him about how to get the most out of being a franchise lead because ever since they were in No Way Home together, Holland has been saying all the right things to get himself a big fat raise.

Uncharted, Cherry and The Crowded Room made zero impact so he's probably open to more Spider-Man.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Man, I loving loved this. I could pick some nits, but honestly, I don’t wanna. It was Netflix MCU without the Netflix bloat.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I thought Echo was pretty good, but it was a little tame in the action department and the pacing felt off, definitely could have used more episodes.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bar Ran Dun posted:

It had a lot of well developed characters interacting humanly.

By far the best 'human moments' of any MCU show.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
If Disney keep’s putting magic grandmas in the MCU, they’re going to have a plot problem of why aren’t the magic grandmas aren’t starting their own Avengers team.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Marsupial Ape posted:

If Disney keep’s putting magic grandmas in the MCU, they’re going to have a plot problem of why aren’t the magic grandmas aren’t starting their own Avengers team.

This seems like it has a very simple solution where they start that team.

The aunt from Shang Chi, the grandmother in Echo, what’s her name Hank Pyms wife. Make it happen.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Tom Tucker posted:

The aunt from Shang Chi, the grandmother in Echo, what’s her name Hank Pyms wife. Make it happen.

How quickly you forget the matrilineal magic of Ms. Marvel.

Disney seems to have dropped the “struggle/reconciliation with the father” trope and is investing in the Divine Feminine trope. Which is cool and good, as long as Care Bear stares don’t become over used like climatic laser fights.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Tom Tucker posted:

Throw in Isaiah from Falcon and the Winter Soldier too.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

swickles posted:

Throw in Isaiah from Falcon and the Winter Soldier too.

unironically this, give me a geriatric superhero. that would be a fantastic movie.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Old Man Steve Rogers is still around, right?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I said grandmas! You’re making a grandpa team.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Marsupial Ape posted:

In true MCU fashion we need eleven movies about super grandpas before we introduce a super grandma

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

smoobles posted:

In true MCU fashion we need eleven movies about super grandpas before we introduce a super grandma

It just occurred to me that I haven’t seen ‘The Marvels’, yet so I can do a critique of that for themes I keep seeing. Do notice how Star Wars and Disney both are introducing a lot of feminine triads. In Echo, it’s Maya, her sister, and their Chula.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Marsupial Ape posted:

Kamala's brother needs to have a kid so their mom can get in on the Grandma Avengers.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
So that's a Young Avengers, a Geriatric Avengers, a Sidekick Avengers, do we have enough pets yet for Animal Avengers? I can only think of Blue Jack and Pizza Dog, hell throw in the rat from Infinity War.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Jeff!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Ep1 Echo is a pretty good catchup on events to the present.

So Echo toe to toe w/ DD.

But Hawkeye > Echo

so, Hawkeye > DD?

I only ever really watched the first season of DD and half of Defenders, but does DD usually trade that many hits? I guess when he was starting out, he did get roughed up a lot. I like he just tanks a bunch of Maya's kicks and barely moves.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Parkingtigers posted:

So that's a Young Avengers, a Geriatric Avengers, a Sidekick Avengers, do we have enough pets yet for Animal Avengers? I can only think of Blue Jack and Pizza Dog, hell throw in the rat from Infinity War.

Goose, Alligator Loki, Throg, Cosmo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Morris! He was in the Hela What If!

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

swickles posted:

Goose, Alligator Loki, Throg, Cosmo.

Does Rocket count?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Get the dog from Hawkeye in there

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

live with fruit posted:

Kamala's brother needs to have a kid so their mom can get in on the Grandma Avengers.

There's already a grandma in that series! She's prominently featured!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

See what I’m saying? Magic grandma erasure!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Moon Girl's grandma is also a super hero :colbert:

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Yes but Mama Khan is battle tested.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

GateOfD posted:

Ep1 Echo is a pretty good catchup on events to the present.

So Echo toe to toe w/ DD.

But Hawkeye > Echo

so, Hawkeye > DD?

I only ever really watched the first season of DD and half of Defenders, but does DD usually trade that many hits? I guess when he was starting out, he did get roughed up a lot. I like he just tanks a bunch of Maya's kicks and barely moves.

Part of his fighting style is professional boxing, so tanking hits is part of his style.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
He also becomes much tankier when he gets his red suit that is made out of some unnamed ~*magic*~ material that is light, flexible, bullet-proof, and vibration-absorbing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Doesn't Hawkeye also have a lot more training and experience than Daredevil? He did a lot of black ops with Black Widow, and there was the whole murdering his way through the criminal underworld as Ronin.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Yea, Hawkeye has had a full career

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Hawkeye is Avengers-level good. He's just really chill about it and doesn't show off.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Also, the only thing Hawkeye can do is fight. Daredevil is also a lawyer. He's got competing demands on his time.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Ronin was such a jerk, what did those Yazuka do wrong?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The real question to determine which is better is by their relationships. So Tatiana Maslany or Linda Cardellini? I posit there is no right answer. Or wrong answer to be more precise.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
What about electric nachos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Marsupial Ape posted:

It wouldn't feel right because they're all auntie-heroes