Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
looking great! https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/s/raAjAq6TM6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Adun posted:

I’m pretty sure Dan Quinn’s head coaching career is done and dusted now. Much less McCarthy

I think somebody's still gonna get him, despite looking like complete poop from a butt against Jordan Love. He shouldn't have been on any radars ever again for 28-3, but somehow he has been for the last two years. Owners will forget this too.

And I want to see it.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

It literally doesn't matter who coaches the Cowboys as long as Jerry owns it. At this point it's safe to assume he's been cursed to own a team that does well enough to feel hope only to be utterly humiliated in the post-season.

I mean the curse can be, like, an actual supernatural gypsy curse or it can be a curse of hubris it doesn't matter either way. If he was smart at this point he'd be wise enough to not fire Fat Mike as it's just throwing money away and opening the door for more false hope.

Here's hoping he finally embraces the despair he so deserves and makes no changes at all.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Bill Belicheck is a Cowboy. gently caress.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Over under for the Schefter Fat Mike tweet: 7AM tomorrow morning(eastern).

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Belichick is just coaching for the regular season win total record now. Taking Dallas to 12-5 and losing in the playoffs a couple times is mission accomplished for Bill and hilarious for the world.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I wonder what Bill thinks about Dak....

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

mcmagic posted:

I wonder what Bill thinks about Dak....

Cowboys could trade Dak if they wanted too. Hmmmmm

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Under. He’s gonna be another 12:01 am guy.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Sub .500 without Tom Brady.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
thank you Cowboys for completely outstinking the Browns. best of luck with your coach search.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Cowboys could trade Dak if they wanted too. Hmmmmm

Yeah but they aren't in a draft position to replace him and I'm not sure who they could trade for. Does Cousins over Dak move the needle? We do know Bill loves James G.............................................

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I could see an unholy alliance between Jerry and Bill being their last reasonable shots at a deep playoff run.

I'm not saying it's likely, just that IF you get Bill in there to improve the defense AND Jerry/Stephen make sure a quality OC is hired and given the wherewithal to have input into the draft...

Like, they'd be co-favorites to win the NFCE (pending the Eagles off-season), and then who knows? I think there's a better chance for Bill to enter the postseason in a strong position in the NFC than in the AFC (Cowboys vs Chargers) in the next few years.

That being said, should the IF clauses not pan out then lol, it will be tremendous content.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Is Bill going to be into Steven Jones controlling the roster?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Texans, the one true team of Texas.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

mcmagic posted:

Yeah but they aren't in a draft position to replace him and I'm not sure who they could trade for. Does Cousins over Dak move the needle? We do know Bill loves James G.............................................

I could see a scenario where the Cowboys trade CD or Parsons for high draft stock and maybe not resigning Dak. They need capital badly.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if some league official is on the phone with Jerry now begging him to wait until the other game is over announce so as to not steal focus.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Cross-posting from aftermath, but Dak is at the podium saying McCarthy was the reason the regular season went so well, that he himself sucked tonight, and if Mike's job is at risk then Dak's should be as well.

(Dak post-game crediting McCarthy for his season, and tying himself to Mike going forward.)

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/1746708940715401602?s=20

https://twitter.com/toddarcher/status/1746709689088221556?s=20

https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/1746709988184051737?s=20

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/1746706918528188466

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

kalensc posted:

Cross-posting from aftermath, but Dak is at the podium saying McCarthy was the reason the regular season went so well, that he himself sucked tonight, and if Mike's job is at risk then Dak's should be as well.

(Dak post-game crediting McCarthy for his season, and tying himself to Mike going forward.)

dak looking extremely Bald

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

kalensc posted:

Why would he be talking about McCarthy job if the only people talking about it before the game were internet weirdos? I'm sure he isn't up there protesting too much.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I do not care what Dak says. Someone has to be accountable.

My Packers dropped 48 on the Boyz' head at THEIR OWN stadium. Someone is gonna get the boot.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fire them both then

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Chris James 2 posted:

Fire them both then

Where does Dak even go? Miami? Minnesota? Chicago?

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Tua for Dak straight up

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Where does Dak even go? Miami? Minnesota? Chicago?

Minnesota might as well keep Kirk then

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

epic bacon posted:

Tua for Dak straight up

Both have to get paid. Both should not get paid.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I honestly think I’d take Tua over Dak. What Tua has you can win a Super Bowl with - he just needs an excellent offensive line and a system that plays to his strengths.

I do not see Dak ever having that potential.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Kirios posted:

I honestly think I’d take Tua over Dak. What Tua has you can win a Super Bowl with - he just needs an excellent offensive line and a system that plays to his strengths.

I do not see Dak ever having that potential.

I'm worried about him having to play in the elements.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Dak can do it as long as you always start the game with a 2 score lead and never go into halftime losing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

epic bacon posted:

Tua for Dak straight up

You could probably get Dak if you wanted him.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
McCarthy fired at 12:01 est, cst or pst?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Probably not until Tuesday

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Being held off until at least the end of this game

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Once McCarthy gets fired, the domino effect intensifies. And there may be an arms race, too.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Wanna see Harbaugh and Belichick go to the chargers and raiders so we get max reid/payton/harbaugh/belichick games. Imagine Payton and Harbaugh would not get along too well

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Pulling real hard for Belichick to Cowboys to keep him away from Atlanta

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
As much as I agree with all the McCarthy hate I wouldn't think it's a bad choice to hire him somewhere that needs a rebuild like the Panthers or somewhere that desperately needs just basic functional offense like the Bears (next year)

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Fat Mike and Dak gone by draft time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Give Dan Campbell COTY again for getting Detroit a playoff win