Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

Reminder there were a non zero number of people that said Bagley was actually good when the Pistons first got him and that it was Sacramentos fault for misusing him

All you people saying “vertical spacing” show yourselves

I think this is the weird thing about the Pistons rebuild, they've got lots of guys who have or had major shine at a certain point.

Compare that to OKC in 20-21, who had uncovered a diamond in the rough in Dort but were relying on guys like Bazley and Maledon for serious minutes.

There's just something seriously dysfunctional with some of the really bad teams this year because by perception of their players they shouldn't be on pace for less wins than those Thunder teams that are sort of remembered as pure tank job affronts to basketball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Oh my god I just realized Washington can give us a Poole/Kuzma/Bagley lineup

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Signed with the Celtics and blew out his knee in the World Cup before playing a game for them. Was out the whole year, got included in the porzingis trade as salary filler. Which he took personally and talked in preseason about getting revenge on the Celtics for this betrayal

Those guys paid me millions of dollars to receive free top of the line medical care. Those fuckers!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

huh, apparently mike muscala has been drifting around the league for 10 years now? i cant think of a better white center who was drafted as a 40th something 2nd round pick

He was famously traded to the Lakers for Zubac. Such a dumb move.

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

Aye Doc posted:

wow i dont mean to undercut the impact of that trade but jason kidd really said this loving poo poo???

https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/1746549407535804652

Should we ask him why Grant Williams was playing center instead of someone who wouldn't get abused constantly (and who might have a chance of making a shot on offense)?

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
detroits gotta be one of the youngest teams in the league. gallinari and muscala seem like good vets to have for your young guys.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

runaway pancake posted:

detroits gotta be one of the youngest teams in the league. gallinari and muscala seem like good vets to have for your young guys.

Yeah I see this making sense for Detroit and I guess wizards pick up two seconds. Seems actually like kinda a high price for Detroit though.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

runaway pancake posted:

Muscala is the wandering rebuild whisperer, clearly the development of the thunder youth was from his wisdom

Also IDK maybe Gallo taught SGA uh... Getting fouls or something

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Telluric Whistler posted:

Muscala is the wandering rebuild whisperer, clearly the development of the thunder youth was from his wisdom

Also IDK maybe Gallo taught SGA uh... Getting fouls or something

Gallo taught his innate racial trait of being a slithery snake man to SGA.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Telluric Whistler posted:

I think this is the weird thing about the Pistons rebuild, they've got lots of guys who have or had major shine at a certain point.

Compare that to OKC in 20-21, who had uncovered a diamond in the rough in Dort but were relying on guys like Bazley and Maledon for serious minutes.

There's just something seriously dysfunctional with some of the really bad teams this year because by perception of their players they shouldn't be on pace for less wins than those Thunder teams that are sort of remembered as pure tank job affronts to basketball

OKC didn't have Chet and was sitting SGA for the last 20 games for like 2 seasons.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WhyteRyce posted:

It's a hot, sweltering Detroit night. The heat has people on edge. Little arguments turn to big arguments. Little problems turn into big problems which turns in to a lot of work. For me. The city is on edge; a powder keg ready to explode. Something is going to happen tonight. And I have a feeling it won't be free wings.

From across the bench I can hear my coach Monty slam his clipboard onto the ground. I know what's coming next.

"BOOOOOO-JAAAAAAAAN!!!!!", his voice thunders, "There's trouble on the court with the Spurs again. You and Danilo get your rear end onto the floor and clean it up. And no more blowouts this time do you hear me? I don't want to hear any more cockamamie bullshit about spacing. I got Tom Gores up my rear end so hard I can skip my next prostate exam. You and your partner gently caress this up again and I'll bust you down to Motor City Cruise where you'll be keeping score for some pennyante no-talent second round nobodies and undrafted poo poo heads until your eyes bleed"

Danilo looks to me. I look back. Years and years of all the bullshit we've seen gave us a numb, dead look. Just another day on the team

"We're too old for this poo poo"

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

temple posted:

OKC didn't have Chet and was sitting SGA for the last 20 games for like 2 seasons.

They sat shai to get chet and that's it

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Eh, maybe. I still have concerns about sga playing a full season + playoffs. He does too much goofy stuff with this feet and ankles, it doesn’t surprise me he’s has a lower body injury every year he’s been the main guy.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Muscala’s “moose” nickname is one of the best. I’d love to be called moose, and you would as well. A great nickname for an average player.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Pistons may have done it "the right way" that fans always say should be the way you rebuild more than anyone and they've been extremely punished for it.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1746646243315523754

the warriors' season is saved

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Since Adams is out, gotta wait to see if he can make it through Wednesday's game without clocking Lauri.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can't wait for him to be the same dirty player as before

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1746688824129007788

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

congrats on the statue dwyane, sorry that you have to live outside the arena though

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
The TWolves are awesome. Edwards is a cool dude.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Awoooo

Feels good to survive a game like that where it feels like the other team can't miss. The game ending on Russ blowing a wide open layup is just icing.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Dame is ice cold

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/DeuceMason/status/1746731928710230499

get they rear end mike

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Doltos posted:

Dame is ice cold

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1746727446274310518

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

IcePhoenix posted:

Awoooo

Feels good to survive a game like that where it feels like the other team can't miss. The game ending on Russ blowing a wide open layup is just icing.

Yeah that was a fun game, looking forward to the next one. Pity big Zu was ruled out late.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Nothing gets past glasses

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Oooh he’s still got it

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I don't know, still looks like a negative player to me.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Soft af

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1746729090206380432 I spit at the ground adam silver walks on

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

*Looks at score*

Lmao

Giannis was wrong.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Dame Munchausen Syndrome

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Scoot 11/31 shooting lol

But 4/9 from 3!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Mean Baby posted:

I don't know, still looks like a negative player to me.

this but unironically

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
A clock on dame time is still right 2 times a day

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
this is an all time post conference rant by mike brown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx35bQqZ-J0

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

What the gently caress is going on

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ratios and Tendency posted:

injuries? just a guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Ratios and Tendency posted:

What did Dillon Brooks know, and when did he know it?