Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
do you condemn Hamas parking tickets???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Hamas has taken over 800 IOF vehicles out of operation with zero-distance assaults (booting their tires)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Poseidon is on the side of Anserallah and those two sailors was just a warning shot

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

i think the easy answer is that the white mind is so small they literally couldnt get past the skin color of other people so its much easier to convince them to hate black/brown/jewish/different people than it is to convince them of their own self interest and quality of life
:hmmyes:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

ELTON JOHN posted:

i just hope my favorite celebrities (angela davis, abdullah ocalan) agree with me about this topic

Brucolac
Jun 14, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

do you condemn Hamas parking tickets???

Actually, yes

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Perhaps the Israeli refugees from the northern settlements could be resettled in the Sinai desert, or the Congo.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

So weird how it looks exactly like Northern Ireland.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

lmao

Here comes the lecture

Get his entire rear end Chen.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

did i skip through the parts of the history books describing centuries of abusive and exploitative chinese colonialist rule throughout the world?

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Yeah there are specific rules about Dutchman management in SOLAS and the ILO shipboard duties rules that explicitly state not to jump in after a man overboard and to use the legally mandatory recovery equipment every ship carries to facilitate rescue.

They were tier one operators so in the interests of high speed low drag they probably had no reserve bouyancy in their kit. They probably weren't strapped in properly while blue water sailing in a collared vessel and just got bounced off like an idiot on takeshis castle and sunk to the bottom.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Spoondick posted:

did i skip through the parts of the history books describing centuries of abusive and exploitative chinese colonialist rule throughout the world?

How about some made up bullshit about Uyghurs, social credit scores and Winnie the Pooh instead?

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

Spoondick posted:

Take your pick of Tibet, Uyghurs and Hong Kong.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

China is harvesting pineal glands from imprisoned falun gong tai chi warriors. This is genocide

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

cagliostr0 posted:

Yeah there are specific rules about Dutchman management in SOLAS and the ILO shipboard duties rules that explicitly state not to jump in after a man overboard and to use the legally mandatory recovery equipment every ship carries to facilitate rescue.

They were tier one operators so in the interests of high speed low drag they probably had no reserve bouyancy in their kit. They probably weren't strapped in properly while blue water sailing in a collared vessel and just got bounced off like an idiot on takeshis castle and sunk to the bottom.

death by bouncy castle

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

PhilippAchtel posted:

"Hamas-run Bylaw Enforcement Reports Record Violations"

- NYT, probably

"Why Are The 'ACAB' Progressives So Quiet About Hamas Police?" by Eve Fartlow

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

cagliostr0 posted:

my own 5-times experience in rough sea boarding operations tells me civilian sailors are much more competent than military sailors

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
pretty harsh taunting video from Hamas

====

‎“Tonight we will tell you their fate.” The Al-Qassam Brigades publishes a video presenting possible scenarios regarding the fate of 3 Israeli prisoners it holds.

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1746857957952827818?s=46

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Karach posted:

Jacobin has some good people writing for them, like Yves Engler and Luke Savage.

As an exercise for myself, and maybe as a benefit for goons if I do a halfway decent job, I'm gonna try to summarize the more recent part of the Aldanmarki tweet thread (Xticle) and the Helen Lackner article Weka linked above.

Saudi Arabia and its coalition partners begin their full-scale war on Yemen, which continues to this day.

thanks for the summary.

my only suggestion is the bolded bit should say full-scale unprovoked war of aggression

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

crepeface posted:

thanks for the summary.

my only suggestion is the bolded bit should say full-scale unprovoked war of aggression

You forgot illegal

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Calling a war illegal in tyool 2024 feels so quaint.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Leandros posted:

You forgot illegal

damnit!

alright, how about illegal, genocidal, full-scale unprovoked war of aggressive invasion

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Al-Saqr posted:

uh oh people of haifa are gonna have a bad time!

Urgent | Israeli fire brigade: The Haifa explosion occurred in the Carmel Olivens reactor due to high pressure in the atmosphere and there is no danger

Caramel olives? That sounds disgusting! Good riddance.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Spoondick posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ming_treasure_voyages

P cool stuff

dti

dta

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
The entire 36th Division (which includes Golani btw) is being withdrawn from Gaza for another one of those "refreshments"

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1746904795523256560?t=7ujzR_XLoEkYu0T46qLrGQ&s=19

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 15:47 on Jan 15, 2024

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Normal armies having to stick around for like 9 months before being cycled out and these guys have to take a vacation every month or they start to break

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Self-applause is way up there on the list of national psychosis symptoms alongside bad humour and other narcissist tendencies.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Are the refreshments pizza?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Will the refreshment program include a solemn memorial rave

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Normal armies having to stick around for like 9 months before being cycled out and these guys have to take a vacation every month or they start to break

oops we made our entire army out of fart app developers

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
tbf, fart app developers deserve it

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

cagliostr0 posted:

Still lmao that you can use the ability to swim with enough steroids

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Loving all the Ukraine thread crossovers lately.

https://twitter.com/SpaghettiKozak/status/1746846207794671670?s=20

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Rubellavator posted:

the best part if you believe the story, is that the second guy jumping in was just following protocol, which is apparently to dive in after someone if they fall overboard, which sounds insane. I'm no sea rescue expert but how the gently caress would that even help

It is absolutely not US Navy protocol to jump in after a guy if they fall overboard. If I remember correctly - its been over a decade - you call for help, throw a flotation device to them to at least mark the spot, and then keep your eye on them because its real easy to just lose someone in the ocean.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
Being a Ukraine + Israel supporter, that specific combination, just grosses me out for reasons I can only somewhat explain. Like I get it, it's announcing that you're fully in the tank for US imperialism.

But someone who is a Ukraine + Palestine supporter can, on the surface at least, claim to hold to a consistent standard.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Nix Panicus posted:

It is absolutely not US Navy protocol to jump in after a guy if they fall overboard. If I remember correctly - its been over a decade - you call for help, throw a flotation device to them to at least mark the spot, and then keep your eye on them because its real easy to just lose someone in the ocean.
it's supposedly SEAL protocol

Bloomberg posted:

The SEALs were on an interdiction mission, climbing up a vessel when one got knocked off by high waves. Under their protocol, when one SEAL is overtaken the next jumps in after them.
maybe just while boarding ships?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

quote:

most of these incidents involve airstrikes killing terrorists after they have been spotted by the ground forces. The number of terrorists killed generally ranges from 10 to 20 per day. The summary also reports on destroyed tunnels and weaponry and the discovery of weapons production facilities.

jesus by their own reckoning, the IDF have killed at the absolute maximum 2000 hamas troops, vs the 30k+ civilians killed?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1746623392890171589?s=20

It'd be crazy to see the US directly intervene in Palestine with Nazi G.I.s desperate to do blue on blue to a real live Jew.

Nevil Maskelyne
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

VoicesCanBe posted:

Being a Ukraine + Israel supporter, that specific combination, just grosses me out for reasons I can only somewhat explain. Like I get it, it's announcing that you're fully in the tank for US imperialism.

But someone who is a Ukraine + Palestine supporter can, on the surface at least, claim to hold to a consistent standard.

Being an israel supporter in any way at all kinda puts you fully in the tank for US imperialism, you don't need much more than that.

Ukraine + Palestine supporters are just stupid children but mostly not evil. They're the people who don't know anything about historical or material reality and assume that russia is worse than ukraine because russia homophobic or whatever.

Nevil Maskelyne has issued a correction as of 16:45 on Jan 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Taps sign:

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1713066752592994560