Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AndrewP posted:

it must be weird to be a Cowboys fan under 30. Your team reliably suffers humiliating playoff defeats every year but everyone still hates you and gloats when you lose as if you had a 20 year dynasty

Pats kids seeing their future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

really queer Christmas posted:

I missed all the games yesterday and just saw the scores lmfaoooo

Packers Cowboys wasn't as close as the score makes it making it even funnier

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
Are we going to watch Robert Kraft animorph into Jerry Jones as he desperately tries to chase past highs through his own personal meddling that blows up in his face for decades while the rest of America still hates him for the smug successes of yesteryear? Sources say "yes"

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I had a friend who was a Cowboys, Bulls, Redwings, SF Giants fan in the mid 90s. Imagine how many more people like that are out there, and how much they deserve to lose.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Beached Whale posted:

Are we going to watch Robert Kraft animorph into Jerry Jones as he desperately tries to chase past highs through his own personal meddling that blows up in his face for decades while the rest of America still hates him for the smug successes of yesteryear? Sources say "yes"

if that doesn't happen, another bust at a rub and tug would still be good enough for me

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Pain of Mind posted:

I had a friend who was a Cowboys, Bulls, Redwings, SF Giants fan in the mid 90s. Imagine how many more people like that are out there, and how much they deserve to lose.

I knew a kid in grade school who was like this, but with the Cowboys and Duke Basketball.

The world’s perfect shitheel sports fan.

It’s a wonder he didn’t also love the Yankees and Lakers.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1746744783073403133?t=mhM-t3CWXUmEqP9JAqjGsQ&s=19

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shyduck posted:

Everybody in the Philly/NJ/NY area knows at least one person who became a Cowboys fan because they were hot poo poo in the early 90's and wanted to front run, including my childhood best friend who arrived to the bus stop one morning in a fresh new Cowboys starter pullover jacket, a top 10 anime betrayal. He's seen the light since but we are a product of events
Yeah I grew up in Eastern PA. I was born in the 80s and grew up surrounded by loud, obnoxious, rear end in a top hat Eagles fans. Even as a pre-teen I didnt want to root for a team with such toxic fans. Suddenly these Cowboys from Dallas started looking good and were dunking on the Eagles. Cool! I'll root for them. Thankfully I realized the error of ways and started rooting for this new expansion team with neat jerseys & colors, the Jaguars!

... gently caress.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pain of Mind posted:

Had a Cowboys/Lakers/Yankees/Red Wings one. Cowboys was the only one that made sense geographically.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/DezBryant/status/1746702023246930202

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

This is pretty great

Grats Lions fans, win the whole goddamn thing this year please !

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Great weekend of football so far, Stroud is great, Dolphins and Cowboys got embarrassed, and last nights game ruled.

Also the Cowboy's Superbowl win was 28Jan1996. Tom Brady's first game at Michigan was 28Sep1996 :thunk:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Watching ESPN's First Take this morning (yeah I know I know) and them dunking on Dallas is fun between sips of coffee.

I'd say I'm impressed with this collapse but then the TV then showed Jerry Jones and I realized there is one constant in all these years of failure… and you can't get rid of him.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
McCarthy and Dak can go to Carolina and rebuild there. Just let Dallas go fully down the toilet.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BonoMan posted:

McCarthy and Dak can go to Carolina and rebuild there. Just let Dallas go fully down the toilet.
Dallas is the turd that never flushes.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

https://x.com/DrawPlayDave/status/1746751551841157505?s=20

The concept of Stafford Old Yellering Detroit fans was funnier but I’m glad we got this outcome

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Every frame a painting

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Kalli posted:

Every frame a painting

Posted about it in the NFCN thread but TE leak ftmfw

It's literally the same play they ran week one against the Bears and almost exactly the same outcome (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaKj2OvfW5w&t=1294s). Only difference is Musgrave didn't fall down this time and LaFleur gave him a shoutout for that in the postgame celebration and it's one of the funniest things to happen this season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFhL1y5x64E&t=72s

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

Every frame a painting

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1746919566192546078

It looked like a college game with all of the busted coverages. Did Dallas practice at all last week, on either side of the ball?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I was listening to the end of that game on the radio and they interviewed Romeo Doubs afterward and I've never heard a player less ready to be interviewed. He answered every single question with "we just continue to play football". It was like Dr. Sam Beckett leaped into him right before the interview.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kalli posted:

Every frame a painting

There will never be a man more open than this

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

kalensc posted:

It's too bad Stafford's first game in Detroit as a Ram was also Detroit's first home playoff game in forever.

Both franchises won huge in that deal, hopefully Stafford is given a standing O if he returns again before he retires.

NFC North plays NFC West next season and the Lions host the Rams. So we'll find out pretty soon!

I hope he gets the tribute video and a warmer reception, then.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Kalli posted:

Every frame a painting

Make a great gif zoomed in on him and slowly zooming out until finally other players are in frame.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Nervous posted:

This would make a great gif zoomed in on him and slowly zooming out until finally other players are in frame.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The only play I can think of with comparable open space between him and the nearest defender (without like a CB in man falling down) is that one play where the Rams had a punt return where the guy pretended to be fielding the punt but ran away from it and drew everyone to him, while one gunner at a dead sprint was tracking the ball, caught it on the opposite side of the field and ran it back

And from re-watching it, he was slightly less open at the catch point, though everyone was running away from him at least:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fioVbt7eF8

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

On a pure defensive fuckup level this one may actually be worse.

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1746676669853671787

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Hahaha. Quite the woopsiedoodle by Gilmore.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I get passing a guy off... but Gilmore, to do what? WHAT WERE YOU GOING TO DO AFTER PASSING HIM OFF?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Gilmore got picked on all game it rocked

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

21 had a stroke halfway through this play

Who am I? What am I doing?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kalli posted:

Every frame a painting

The funniest part of that play is that Love must have been distracted by how open he was cause he threw the most garbage, wobbly underthrown duck I've ever seen and that was still good enough for a TD :v:

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I remember a screenshot of an entire side of the field where Alge Crumpler is completely alone waving his arms for Vick to throw him the ball. Probably from around 2006. Hell if I can find it though

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Here's another. Chris Hogan vs the Steelers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGkCjltEv-o

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I think Stroud and Love are both gonna be great but boy those defenses sure were intent on making them look like top 5 guys already

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

elime anning posted:

I remember a screenshot of an entire side of the field where Alge Crumpler is completely alone waving his arms for Vick to throw him the ball. Probably from around 2006. Hell if I can find it though

I remember this as well because I lost my fantasy playoff because of it. I think it was on the SAS wiki if that's still mirrored somewhere.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

they have not reached the nfc title game since hank scorpio gave homer the broncos

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

elime anning posted:

I know exactly the pic you're referencing, and while I didn't find it, I did stumble across this:

https://www.espn.com/espn/magazine/archives/news/story?page=magazine-20050103-article25 posted:

FAR AND WIDE

ALGE CRUMPLER IS USING EVERY ONE OF HIS GOD-GIVEN ASSETS TO HELP THE FALCONS FLY

His rear end jumps at you, blooming and broad, well-fed and high. It is powerful and intimidating and muscular, a mass of athletic weaponry. If this butt boxed you out during a pickup hoops game, your spleen would rattle. This butt is not his greatest physical gift-that would be his hands-but rather a secondary resource, more Beyonce's butt than J.Lo's, a subordinate tool that emerges as an integral part of his game.

All this butt talk might irk you, disturb you even, and certainly make you wonder where we're going with this. But the unavoidable fact is that everyone around Alge Crumpler talks about his butt, stares at his butt, is in awe of his butt. So it deserves to be detailed. Still, the intention is not to tease, objectify or stereotype Crumpler, nor is the posterior focus meant as a device to set up the position at which he excels, tight end. It just so happens that Crumpler's backside is a very big asset for him. "If it weren't for that rear end, Crump wouldn't catch a lot of passes," says Dauntae Finger, Crumpler's best friend and former teammate at North Carolina. "No one can get around him." When both were Tar Heel tight ends, they had similar builds and jersey numbers (Crumpler, 82; Finger, 83), and coaches used to tell them apart by glancing at their rears. Finger even gave Crumpler a nickname with his pal's behind in mind: Donkey Trough.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Cowboys have issues covering tight ends;

https://youtu.be/BfziIIlrLdI?si=u4I9L_niDj_fiv-_

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
I just got home from watching the games at a friend's house outside around a roaring fire on a giant projector screen.

I watched America's nemesis Dallas Cowboys get completely run out of their own house on national TV and then saw America's team, the Detroit Lions, beat a team that seemed grown in a lab specifically to beat them. I mean, gently caress, two elite WRs?

Turns out it didn't matter because Lions, bitch.

The arc of the moral universe has bent towards justice, the fraud Cowboys have been punished for denying Detroit the satisfaction of that win on Christmas, and we will see your rear end next week at Ford Field, Bucs or Eagles, neither of whom I think was grown in a lab to beat us.

Lions defense is suspect, but that Lions offense is really something. To sum up all of my thoughts and feelings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v50FAHpgskE