Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Garrand posted:

I can't get over how good MH is. I got neuv sac jade so I basically don't have to worry about crit rate substats at all

Ettellivuen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Nakar posted:

Wanderer's base attack multipliers are something like double Sucrose's. Any amount of investment, he's going to outpace her on NA/CA damage, it's impossible for her to keep up trying to be an Anemo DPS, even with a Faruzan gimmick.

Which just leads to my next point. You know who else can probably do more Anemo damage than Sucrose with a Faruzan gimmick? Faruzan. Just on-field Faruzan. If you later get a "proper" Anemo DPS, you can pass whatever gear you give her along, or if you build Faruzan in a more supportive set like Noblesse Oblige you can keep it on her. If someone wants to use Faruzan, hell, might as well actually use Faruzan. She has to pop in to do stuff like charged shots anyway before C6, and being on-field will help her with her energy issues, so why not?

I love this idea, but then who would her best teammates be?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Off-topic but Sucrose used to make a great on-field driver for taser teams, and I'm sure that still works even with the inclusion of Dendro on certain aggrevate teams.

https://keqingmains.com/q/sucrose-quickguide/#Teams

She's actually wildly flexible in that regard. Sure, Kazuha is fantastic but when you want an on-field driver or quick swap catalyst user, Sucrose is the best pick. I'd use her over Kazuha in several stations, actually!

Back on topic, I've never considered Faruzan as the on-field driver but I think that the Viridescent Hunt would be hilarious in that scenario. MORE CC FOR THE CC GODS.

edit: According to KQM you can make an on-field Faruzan carry with the TF set if she is at least c1, which seems very wacky but in a good way?

https://keqingmains.com/faruzan/#TF_Faruzan

Note Block fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 14, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Faruzan won't boost Sucrose teams' damage. Here's the element distribution for damage in Sucrose Xinqiu Fischl Yelan:

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Note Block posted:

edit: According to KQM you can make an on-field Faruzan carry with the TF set if she is at least c1, which seems very wacky but in a good way?

Ok wow, since my Fischl is C6 and very heavily built (and one of my favorite characters anyways), guess I'm gonna pick up Kokomi at the next possible opportunity and try this! Thanks for the tip!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I just want to warn you that's an insanely suspect comp. I would recommend against pulling a five star to finish it.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
You're definitely overthinking it. If you want to use Faruzan, you include her. If you want it to do something useful, you include off-fielders.

I'd suggest layla, because otherwise you're gonna get punched a lot, for bow reasons. (Also off-field ice).

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
C4 Jean shreds Anemo Resist with her Burst, which stacks with Faruzan's shred (albeit with diminishing returns, usually). Zhongli also shreds Anemo resistance. Furina of course boosts all damage, so she'd boost Faruzan too. Otherwise you're kind of in a weird spot because pure Anemo DPS is not really relying on Swirls and other elemental reactions. And you're playing a bow character, which some people like and some people hate. EDIT: Bennett of course buffs ATK and Faruzan as a bow user doesn't have to leave his circle, so might as well include him.

You could build Faruzan for EM and do Swirls with her, but that would be categorically worse than Sucrose.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

All right everyone, who hates money!

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1746714136384618854

I know the US isn't the largest of their markets but I'm still surprised it took this long

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Garrand posted:

I know the US isn't the largest of their markets but I'm still surprised it took this long

I've been using amiami, but great news to no longer have to deal with international shipping. :v:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I love the archon pictures because no matter how many are released it will always be them... plus Venti. Their amazon store selling literal lootboxes is also a nice touch.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Note Block posted:

Off-topic but Sucrose used to make a great on-field driver for taser teams, and I'm sure that still works even with the inclusion of Dendro on certain aggrevate teams.

https://keqingmains.com/q/sucrose-quickguide/#Teams

She's actually wildly flexible in that regard. Sure, Kazuha is fantastic but when you want an on-field driver or quick swap catalyst user, Sucrose is the best pick. I'd use her over Kazuha in several stations, actually!

Back on topic, I've never considered Faruzan as the on-field driver but I think that the Viridescent Hunt would be hilarious in that scenario. MORE CC FOR THE CC GODS.

Can confirm, Sucrose/Fischl is straight up my main, usually with Baizhu and either Xingqui or Yelan or Furina, but those two shred together so hard that basically sustain and off fielder but Nahida without a second electro works fine.
(Sucrose + Nahida actually burn through enough electro to outpace C6 Fischl and leave Sucrose without any electro to swirl.)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I'm playing this again after bouncing off the time consuming dailies last year. Genshin really goes all out on the scenery. Story-wise I'm still in early Liyue. I got a notification an event was ending soon so I decided to run out to Fontaine. Since everything level scaled and was pretty sparse it wasn't as exciting as crossing Everquest or WoW at a low level but was still fun. Took the canal tour of Fontaine, got lost in the city a while, then decided I'd rather skip the event and go back to the archon story. Spent the rest of the day tooling around Liyue with Zhongli getting funeral stuff together. Tedious but some met great characters. I'm bummed I didn't get to nab a cocogoat for Qiqi.

I would have been back sooner had I known the game had songs like this squirreled away, drat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ5QxR8nVbI

though Shazam mistook it for this strange remix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_EZc3FlTZw

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
yeah when my friends first started playing it seemed like just a cheap gaccha breath of the wild but the game actually has so much depth to it and so much to do. I just hit Sumeru myself and spent a week doing quests for basically the koroks from legend of zelda, it's still a lot of fun

When I burnt out the first time it was just because I'd done nearly everything there was in the game outside of maxing out characters (Inazuma hadn't come out yet) and that part of the game didn't really appeal to me but the start of Fontaine was the perfect place to start playing again because if you take your time and try and do as much of the game as you can it'll take months to catch up to current stuff

Kale
May 14, 2010

Finally finished Act IV now and working on the Unfinished Comedy quest line which seems like the main area exploration/unlocking quest for Liffey. I can safely say at the outset of Fontaine when the characters were just random faces in the Final Feast trailer that Wriothesley was the one I was not expecting to be very cool out of all of them and a skip. Boy was I wrong on that front.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

posting this mostly for the 3 seconds with ping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaO6JDVDWrI

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Garrand posted:

Something got borked as the webstore was extremely janky when it went "live" and now it's been taken down. Kinda suprised that Amazon didn't build the store pages/listings for hoyo, as it looked like intern-kun's first attempt at AWS.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The links to the page are also just wrong. They do to different products than the images.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
The words "piss-up" and "brewery" come to mind.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Well, after ten thousand years I've unlocked commissions in Fontaine, time to ignore the main story for another year or so.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Most of them are okay and just minor variations of the usual "go kill things", but some are absolutely awful (looking at you, "wall-of-text painter" and "waste 3 minutes following the npc 10 feet down the road").

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Both the world quests and the commission quests around poor Iaune and his office exploits are wonderful

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

sushibandit posted:

Most of them are okay and just minor variations of the usual "go kill things", but some are absolutely awful (looking at you, "wall-of-text painter" and "waste 3 minutes following the npc 10 feet down the road").

Okay, I just started doing Fontaine commissions myself and that painter sucks. For some reason, I have to go through that conversation twice before he actually tells me where I need to go; first time I thought it had to be a bug, but nope, it happened the second time. So I assume that's what is supposed to happen, which is upsetting

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

this is why i do the thing where you run an event but then just don't collect all the rewards, collecting them to skip the commissions you don't want to do.

that way i can still use my friendship team to do some murders but then skip those stupid text quests.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Fontaine commissions may be the worst because they're go do X... UNDERWATER. I can't fight with my Friendship team because all underwater plays the same.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Shinji2015 posted:

Okay, I just started doing Fontaine commissions myself and that painter sucks. For some reason, I have to go through that conversation twice before he actually tells me where I need to go; first time I thought it had to be a bug, but nope, it happened the second time. So I assume that's what is supposed to happen, which is upsetting

I'm pretty sure it used to not do that, but it happened to me last time I got unlucky and rolled that.

I'd still rather mash x through his bullshit than walk ten feet, talk to a melusine, and then wait for it to walk 20 feet, being careful not to get too far ahead and cause it to stop moving.

At least most of the commissions are just killing crabs and robots and stuff. Goes fast enough unless all your damage is water.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I just dripfeed my event completion and map exploration to never do a commission

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Excelzior posted:

I just dripfeed my event completion and map exploration to never do a commission

I still do the story quests, but I should probably look up how many I still have left to do so I can switch to Liyue/mondstadt.

Mondstadt has the fastest commissions, Liyue has the best.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Fontaine commissions may be the worst because they're go do X... UNDERWATER. I can't fight with my Friendship team because all underwater plays the same.

but it's beautiful and calming?

try microdosing first

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Anyone have concerns/issues with this and an OLED screen and possible burn in, particularly with that stupid white userid constantly on screen?

Maybe I'm being excessively paranoid, but I haven't played it mostly because of that, but I keep waffling back and forth.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

unless you keep your game running for several months at a time without turning it off there's absolutely no reason to worry

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Part of me is glad I neglected this game for two years and happened to come back to it right as they decided to add a ton of QoL features because I have enough of a backlog of content to avoid ever doing another commission quest for the rest of the game's lifespan.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I just finished the Rana quest and didn't expect it to take like, a week and a half of casual playthrough to beat. It's a really sweet story though, but I kind of laughed a little at the end Where Rana is granted a vision by sleeping while we save the forest and her life

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Pulled for Yoimiya and got Chevy instead. I'm fine with this.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Really? They are all very short and can be done with a team of wet noodles. When I only need to do 1 or 2 dailies because of events or whatever, I always do the underwater commissions.

e:

Meowywitch posted:

but it's beautiful and calming?
Also this! First game where I havent disliked the underwater bits, I even like it.

valuum fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jan 16, 2024

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah the ocean commissions are super easy and quick. Blow up six balloons? Chase something for twenty seconds? Yes, thank you very much.

Kale
May 14, 2010

How the heck did this World Quest Series in Meropide go from helping some orphaned kid buy her way out of prison to helping the rival team of scientists train to fight in the underground fighting ring? :psyduck:

Meropide has some of the strangest questlines in the game and thats saying something.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kale posted:

How the heck did this World Quest Series in Meropide go from helping some orphaned kid buy her way out of prison to helping the rival team of scientists train to fight in the underground fighting ring? :psyduck:

Meropide has some of the strangest questlines in the game and thats saying something.

I like the one where you help a hillichurl and a little girl bust out of prison

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Boogle posted:

I like the one where you help a hillichurl and a little girl bust out of prison
And then that quest leads to several more hours of the hilichurl spouting philosophy at you. Finally finished that questline last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Asimo posted:

Yeah the ocean commissions are super easy and quick. Blow up six balloons? Chase something for twenty seconds? Yes, thank you very much.

The barnacle one annoys me a lot though. Why are they always placed so you teleport in and then get smacked a few times before you find the stupid crab thing?

Incoherence posted:

And then that quest leads to several more hours of the hilichurl spouting philosophy at you. Finally finished that questline last night.

That would be more tolerable if he wasn't also constantly going "I'm sure I know the answer, but let's wait a few days and then you can do a minigame to get to it."