Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fluffdaddy posted:

PS, you can't link imgur pics for AVs. I'll fix it though

I realized that, lmao. I was just in the middle of attaching it to a post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Sorry for spoiling the series, but Marcille is very good.

As for the mandrake conundrum, as we learn you want to let it scream for a better harvest, maybe it only screams when something is around to hear it? So if you just use a long rope, whichever party member draws the short straw has to get it to scream while covering their ears and inching closer.

Though it's not fantasy worldbuilding we're examining, it's genuine history!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I guess that really is what it says in the book.

Caros
May 14, 2008

So apparently the author of the manga sketched out each of the companions for the original two baldur's gate games, and they are just the best thing I have ever seen.

Here is an article that links to them. I may have to accelerate my annual bg2 replay just on principle.

She literally took the smile from Imoen in bg2. Incredible.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I think there are multiple mods to put those portraits in the game

E: yep it's in the article

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Ryoko Kui apparently plays a bunch of western RPGs / roguelikes, and also occasionally likes trolling developers:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Ryoko Kui apparently plays a bunch of western RPGs / roguelikes, and also occasionally likes trolling developers:

PUNK ELF is sending me

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

An elf checking back in a century later to see if there's an elf language patch yet, messaging the grandchild of the original dev, who has to explain that the entire art medium they're referring to no longer exists.

Source code's lost, IP's public domain, e-shop closed, platform shut down, hardware is obsolete, form of energy it ran on banned by international treaty.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Dolash posted:

An elf checking back in a century later to see if there's an elf language patch yet, messaging the grandchild of the original dev, who has to explain that the entire art medium they're referring to no longer exists.

Source code's lost, IP's public domain, e-shop closed, platform shut down, hardware is obsolete, form of energy it ran on banned by international treaty.

That's okay! I'll wait.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dolash posted:

They point out that there was an elf working on a translation patch, but it was for a console long since discontinued. Company made it bought out thrice over. All documentation for code in that version in fragments and those fragments are in Goblin (for some reason).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

lol this is amazing, and yeah, I've definitely seen japanese folks complain that Dwarf Fortress has no japanese language version.

honestly it kinda disappoints me that Zach and Tarn haven't hired localization teams for Japanese, Russian, German, etc at this point

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Gamer elves would still be playing DOOM wads and being thankful that the game is still getting updates.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
The manga ended not long after when Baldur's Gate 3 came out, which is definitely a coincidence but I'm sure made her very happy

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

We joked the final chapters would be delayed due to Baldur's Gate.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

over/under that it was the mermaid farms that specifically got ryoko kui interested in the game

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Zeruel posted:

if we're (I'm) lucky, we'll have a 3rd elf in the pipeline. year of the elf, baby!

Oh, it's in the pipeline, but there's a serious question of if she'll fit through it.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Dungeon Meshi.......
Oh, Dungeon Meshi!

It's a good time, you know?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pyroi posted:

Dungeon Meshi.......
Oh, Dungeon Meshi!

It's a good time, you know?

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Caros posted:

So apparently the author of the manga sketched out each of the companions for the original two baldur's gate games, and they are just the best thing I have ever seen.

Here is an article that links to them. I may have to accelerate my annual bg2 replay just on principle.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

I mean, partial/magical lobotomy usually has that kind of effect on people.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 17, 2024

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

I certainly appreciate the effort to tone it down, but man Planescape Torment was entirely way too horny with its female party member character design, huh.

quote:

It's the little details like this that let you know she's a true fan.

Caros
May 14, 2008

I didn't notice the dead eyes on first glance either. Incredible.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Caros posted:

drat these are amazing. I have no doubt Rui is playing the poo poo out of BG3 now.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tree Reformat posted:

I certainly appreciate the effort to tone it down, but man Planescape Torment was entirely way too horny with its female party member character design, huh.

You say that like Mort isn't the least clothed party member.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Chas McGill posted:

drat these are amazing. I have no doubt Rui is playing the poo poo out of BG3 now.

https://twitter.com/nonstopbrocock/status/1688931261308616704

She already was. Note date (Aug 8)

Though this is possibly also just a joke.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

NmareBfly posted:

https://twitter.com/nonstopbrocock/status/1688931261308616704

She already was. Note date (Aug 8)

Though this is possibly also just a joke.

It is. There wasn't a Japanese localization of the game at that point.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah there were no chapter delays at that time it was just a goof

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Arc Hammer posted:

You say that like Mort isn't the least clothed party member.

Morte wears false teeth. Ignus otoh...

Fake edit: And Nameless One is just rocking a loincloth... if it wasn't for Dak'kon, none of the guys would have shirts.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Elfface posted:

Morte wears false teeth. Ignus otoh...

Fake edit: And Nameless One is just rocking a loincloth... if it wasn't for Dak'kon, none of the guys would have shirts.

Nameless One still has skin. Mort meanwhile

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Nordom is straight-up naked.

Also, does Vhailor's armor count as clothing, since that is literally all he is?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Do not eat mandrake root in real life, you will experience vomiting, hallucinations and tachycardia leading to death

Also probably shouldn't eat bats, that's how covid started

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I've been eagerly awaiting this episode since last week and it did not disappoint. Like its the point where Ryoko Kui's skill at designing the world and monsters really starts to shine through.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Yeah these are the chapters where it becomes clear that dungeon meshi is loving weird, but weird in a pretty novel way

Also I thought that the animation/artstyle was a little different in this episode in a way that is distinctly trigger

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

sharkmafia posted:

Yeah these are the chapters where it becomes clear that dungeon meshi is loving weird, but weird in a pretty novel way

Also I thought that the animation/artstyle was a little different in this episode in a way that is distinctly trigger

https://twitter.com/tredlocity/status/1747978360343630255?s=46&t=8qKeRz1MPwpnqaU9WYBJgg

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I love Marcille
She's just like me

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
yeah the gang looked off-model in a good way this episode, the contrast in their shapes was really kicked up a notch or two. i did also notice the animation cutting corners a bit, but i guess you'll always notice that if you're looking for it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

very good ep, loved the spin on the living armor enemy type. somewhat less failelf than the previous two eps but hell, that's a-okay

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Eat Them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh drat, sword mollusk looks very cute animated.

Really happy with this. Going into the anime I thought Trigger was going to be the right choice for this, but these chapters felt like the first real test if they were going to nail it. And I feel like they did. yay!