Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Just lmao at $190 USD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

triple sulk posted:

Current Meat Grinder Division status

The Metro rules and the Pens are insanely fraudulent.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So Calgary is gonna end up trying to buy at the deadline I guess. Gonna be ridiculous.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The pens wins and point differential is eventually gonna shake out in their favor, right? It’s gotta

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So Calgary is gonna end up trying to buy at the deadline I guess. Gonna be ridiculous.

Nonsense, at worst they'll re-sign (overpay) Hanifin because the market is soft but I expect Lindholm and Tanev to be traded.

Also,

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1746545471571505514

Someone overpay for this guy before his save percentage drops 30 points again next year.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Dr. Lunchables posted:

The pens wins and point differential is eventually gonna shake out in their favor, right? It’s gotta

For a team that has had the same coach and a ton of the same players for so long they just no show long stretches of games and get themselves behind 2 or 3 goals that they then expend huge amounts of energy to try and recover from. Their defense is concerning....the finishing is generally bad. The bottom 6 can be unplayable....especially right now with a few bodies out. Sullivan keeps shooting himself in the dick with how he organizes his usages and line/D combos. Despite being 'better' their powerplay is still awful. Not Caps awful, but not far off. They are an extremely flawed team hampered by age and depth holes. I would not trust them to actually shake things out in their favor. However, the rest of the Metro is nearly as flawed so :shrug:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

rex rabidorum vires posted:

The Metro rules and the Pens are insanely fraudulent.

If the Pens and Caps are fraudulent thanks to crazy goaltending, what is keeping the Isles and Flyers in the race?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Furnaceface posted:

If the Pens and Caps are fraudulent thanks to crazy goaltending, what is keeping the Isles and Flyers in the race?

They are also frauds.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

A callous and malicious god.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I don’t think Calgary buys. At worst they’ll resign some people. They got better when they got younger. Zary is apparently the second best rookie in the league points wise behind Bedard. They’ll have Pelletier coming back sometime. The new and young guys have kicked the older guys into gear. I think Conroy will be smart enough not to go on a buying spree just because they’re winning a bit more now.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah I'm sure Calgary isn't going to do anything stupid, that doesn't really fit with how they operate.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Just realized Kucherov is on pace for 137 points. Not as good as McDavid, obviously, but I am glad we are back in the era of gaudy point totals.

And Matthews is just a lagging slightly behind hitting 70.

Feels good. Benn winning the Art Ross with 87 points is hell.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

Just realized Kucherov is on pace for 137 points. Not as good as McDavid, obviously, but I am glad we are back in the era of gaudy point totals.

…There’s 12 guys ahead of Matthews, you auditioning for TSN?

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Think he meant goals.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Their goal-distribution luck will probably normalize, but it will be offset or more than offset by their extremely good injury luck also normalizing.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Twin Cinema posted:

Kucherov missed one game this season, so while he's on a pace for 137 for 82 games, he will only be able to play 81 so he's on pace for 134 points for the season in terms of how the Art Ross would be measured.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Did anything happen injury wise to cause the huge fall off in Kings defense? The wings made em look like fools last night, and they’re currently on an 8 game losing streak

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I could see the Pens slowly climbing the standings and just barely making the playoffs. By 5v5 xgoals they're 7th which is ahead of teams like the Flyers (13th), Islanders (22nd), and Caps (28th).

But the standings are such a log jam. I'm sure all of those teams will hover around a playoff spot all year and it's just gonna be a question of which ones get barely edged out by the end of it. I guess I could see the Caps freefalling because they seem pretty bad despite their standings results but it hasn't happened yet.

The biggest problem for the Pens is the Flyers seem reasonably for real and the Islanders despite being trash are great at grinding out points with their goaltending. The Devils and Canes are also just flat out good if they can stay healthy and get goaltending, which are in fairness two big ifs.

If I had to guess I'd say it'll probably be Rangers/Canes/Devils/Flyers or Rangers/Canes/Devils/Pens with either the Pens or Flyers just barely missing and the Isles not being too far behind them. Caps will free fall at some point.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Ginette Reno posted:

The biggest problem for the Pens is the Flyers seem reasonably for real

Let me stop you right here.

In terms of Flyers playing well, I’m convinced they stole the Eagles good karma, and the Flyers will go to poo poo once the Eagles are knocked out of the playoffs tomorrow.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Did anything happen injury wise to cause the huge fall off in Kings defense? The wings made em look like fools last night, and they’re currently on an 8 game losing streak

Cam Talbot has been wandering the league for years, looking good for 3 months at each new stop and then turning into a pumpkin

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Cam Talbot has been wandering the league for years, looking good for 3 months at each new stop and then turning into a pumpkin

He’s also played 29 games this season already, last season he played 36 and that’s his second highest on 5 prev seasons.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Apparently Cody Hodgson is trying a comeback

Hasn't played in 7 years and initially retired due to a rare muscle disorder

Okay

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

fermun posted:

Kucherov missed one game this season, so while he's on a pace for 137 for 82 games, he will only be able to play 81 so he's on pace for 134 points for the season in terms of how the Art Ross would be measured.

No. They’re letting him make up for that game.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/jfreshhockey/status/1746545585669255532?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

It rules how notoriously bad (Canadian team) GMs always get “one last offseason” to save their jobs and saddle the teams with a couple awful contracts before getting fired a couple months later

-Benning pulled the trigger on the OEL trade
-Chiarelli signed Mikko Koskinen
-Dorion traded DeBrincat for Boston’s 1st and Kubalik, signed Korpisalo for 5 fuckin years

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://x.com/jfreshhockey/status/1746545585669255532?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

It rules how notoriously bad (Canadian team) GMs always get “one last offseason” to save their jobs and saddle the teams with a couple awful contracts before getting fired a couple months later

-Benning pulled the trigger on the OEL trade
-Chiarelli signed Mikko Koskinen
-Dorion traded DeBrincat for Boston’s 1st and Kubalik, signed Korpisalo for 5 fuckin years

Yeah... haha...

It's weird how the "lame duck" concept doesn't exist for GMs. If a guy sucks and is about to be fired for sucking, don't let him do anything! Certainly nothing seismic and franchise-altering!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

fisting by many posted:

Yeah... haha...

It's weird how the "lame duck" concept doesn't exist for GMs. If a guy sucks and is about to be fired for sucking, don't let him do anything! Certainly nothing seismic and franchise-altering!

NHL coaches too! links unrelated

https://twitter.com/jonassiegel/status/1696953177516519798?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

https://twitter.com/lukefoxjukebox/status/1746733177878528444?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I was going to point out letting Dubas pull the trigger on a ton of deadline deals in his lame-duck season after years of conservative and underwhelming moves, but keeping Keefe when it’s been clear since like 2020 he wasn’t it works too

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It is amazing that Shanahan still thinks Keefe is an NHL caliber head coach, and yet can still keep his own job.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
So, uh, do the Leafs have any picks left to trade for a goalie?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
The Leafs are one Markstrom away from a cup. I can smell it.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

grack posted:

They sure do! They have this years first and the 2026 first. 0 2nds and some random 3rds.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

grack posted:

You might see some people on Twitter or whatever claiming that Samsonov was good last night, those people are incorrect.

Just two more weeks until their oft-injured rookie goalie will be “healed” from a high ankle sprain! That’s… sorta like trading for a goalie

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/adater/status/1746939542173532638?s=46

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I guess he got drunk and accidentally did a human trafficking again?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Maybe, he was scratched last game due to an "illness"

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

mennoknight posted:

The Leafs are one Markstrom away from a cup. I can smell it.

That smell is Treliving's panic sweat.

Don't worry Leaf fans... Treliving is at his best when he's up against the wall. Like giving away a 1st for the habs to take the corpse of Sean Monahan when he was LTIR'd for most of the year so he could sign Kadri for a lot of money/years.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm so stoked for the Oilers to trade for Sean Monahan

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I'm so stoked for the Oilers to trade for Sean Monahan

Still lol'ing that the Habs got a first for Monahan and might get another first for getting rid of Monahan

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Real talk the Oilers should be looking to trade for Nic Dowd. He's a truly great 4th line center who takes the shittiest deployments imaginable yet still gets good results. $1.3 million against the cap for this season and next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Kraken went on a really cool 9 game win streak and a longer point streak to get back into playoff contention after everyone got healthy. They were doing the whole "4 second lines" thing and it was working.
But suddenly the injury bug is back and worse than ever. Dunn, Beniers, Burakovsky, and Larsson are hurt now and the win streak is ending with an rear end kicking in Pittsburgh. Being healthy was fun while it lasted!

(besides health the other thing that triggered the win streak was Grubauer going on LTIR and Daccord getting settled as the starter and it turns out Joey is very ok)