Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

The top of that looks good, but I don't need a bunch of tiny pastries on my pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

AARD VARKMAN posted:

#swedishpizza
:pastryno:

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I'm here for the shrimps but why pineapple?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Why did they put the prawns on at the end..?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Never seen a Swedish pizza with a pile of raw onion on top.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

OwlFancier posted:

Why did they put the prawns on at the end..?
Not sure that there's a heat transfer solution that cooks a pizza and a shrimps at the same time and has both come out appropriate textures.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I'm swedish and I've seen plenty of pizzas with shrimp, but never one where they put the shrimp on afterwards.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

zedprime posted:

Not sure that there's a heat transfer solution that cooks a pizza and a shrimps at the same time and has both come out appropriate textures.

Every time I've had seafood pizza the prawns are browned, but they usually use king prawns possibly for that reason.

They're not perfect but it's pizza, you aren't expecting them to be delicate they're there to be slathered in grease and garlic butter.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

UwUnabomber posted:

Those freakshow vape juice flavors were huge for a while. I tried the pizza one that ecblend made. It definitely tasted like pizza. And so did everything else I put in that dripper forever.

I have been quietly raiding the basket of rando $3 vapes at the store and i dunno who the gently caress decided that tobacco needed extra flavors. Grape Menthol has been the worst so far.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

OwlFancier posted:

Every time I've had seafood pizza the prawns are browned, but they usually use king prawns possibly for that reason.

They're not perfect but it's pizza, you aren't expecting them to be delicate they're there to be slathered in grease and garlic butter.

That's more what I would picture. These ones just look so plain, like they went from freezer to microwave to baked pizza.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I feel like the fork was added after focus groups thought he had different plans in mind for the pie

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Raisin hell

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

looks like a spotted dick.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Captain Hygiene posted:

I feel like the fork was added after focus groups thought he had different plans in mind for the pie
What exactly does a fork rule out?

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Dammit, Bob! I said make him look like he wants to FORK the pie!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

How starving do you have to be yourself to justify writing this crap? I'm sure there is a point, but I wouldn't expect prestigious gold marked outlets to be the desperate.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I do feel like more food places are serving things in bowls rather than on plates these days, but not like a huge amount. I guess it's a trend in presentation methods.

I feel like there's a style of presentation that's gotten popular lately where the dish is a mix of things, but it's given to the eater un-mixed so that it's the customer's responsibility to mix it up (which is easier in a bowl than on a plate). I don't like the idea of having to do my own mixing, but I understand why it's popular in photos. I feel like the aesthetic comes from Japan and Korea.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah there's a middle-eastern place near me where you pick like seven ingredients from the menu and they arrange them all carefully in a bowl. And a "fresh and organic" type place that does the same. It's like if pizza can be of every culture, then so can bibimbap

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Have a sip

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Skål

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Taste the heat, not the mead

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

There is also a thing where people will append "bowl" to a food for reasons that are beyond me. I've noticed in local food groups a lot of people now refer to ramen as a "ramen bowl", implying they were eating soup off a plate before I guess?

Also a lot of people calling nigiri "omakase sushi"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You call it a bowl, we call it a deep plate.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You call it a bowl, we call it a deep plate.

Alex Jones warned me about those.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I call it a wide cup
Or a no-handle mug

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/jesuslasupajew/status/1746982366541644119

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

....I mean, I still might. If you just let go conceptually of the idea that you're eating shawarma and think of it as more something akin to a ground beef burrito it could be all right.

I'm assuming that's ground beef :ohdear:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I think the whole "bowl" thing started with burrito bowls.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

someone in my homebrew club made a jolly rancher wine once, it was pretty awful.

the problem with making wine from candy is it has very little flavor other than sugar which ferments out

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I'm curious what kind of booze that technically actually is, but I'm happy to go with "peeps moonshine".

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
whats with the errant yellow 0 on the bottom of the banana wobbler there

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Non Compos Mentis posted:

whats with the errant yellow 0 on the bottom of the banana wobbler there

It's a scan of a printed image. Sometimes presses do be like that.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
is it an important part of the dish?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Did you know that it's impossible to find anything about printing artefacts via a Google search? Because Google is bad now, all you get is stuff about archaeological poo poo (because no it simply will not accept that someone searching for "printing artefacts" wants to find stuff about printing artefacts, not printing and/or artefacts. And no I won't put it in quotes gently caress you Google) or loving 3D-printing poo poo (because the world is poo poo).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

They forgot to add "garnish with tiny slice of world's smallest banana pepper" at the end. The forlorn memory of spice really rounds out the dish.