Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

he deleted his top level tweets but the replies are still there, just an endless stream of racist angst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Brawnfire posted:

I love how the people publicly "just realizing" obvious poo poo also expect us to concern ourselves with their positions on any other topic.

Just realized that objects continue to exist when I'm not looking at them, wow!

Anyways here's my opinion on Gaza,

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

actually they have pipelines that carry the soda straight from the underground soda wells

ant man very concerned with the inner workings of sugar water delivery systems

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Not true, you can model guns in other calibers as well.

What is that supposed to be anyway? I can't tell with all the poo poo on it. It looks kind of like a shotgun buried under there but it looks like someone stuck a giant box magazine onto a tube fed shotgun? And also the proportions are baffling.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 18:47 on Jan 15, 2024

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Flesh Forge posted:

actually they have pipelines that carry the soda straight from the underground soda wells

Every one of his posts should be signed "they had to pull my head out with forceps when I was born" for clarification

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Flesh Forge posted:

that's why I don't link this poo poo any more, and generally don't bother to engage their content at all, just occasionally mock how loving dumb they are

Only blue checks engaging with other blue checks drive monetization. It's why a lot of their content is so incestuous with each other, they're all in a circular gifting conga line. Shitposting people like Ian gets them nothing.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Panfilo posted:

Only blue checks engaging with other blue checks drive monetization. It's why a lot of their content is so incestuous with each other, they're all in a circular gifting conga line. Shitposting people like Ian gets them nothing.

Community notes on a tweet demonetise it though so if you can do that then you beat them.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Panfilo posted:

any chance of circulating a link helps them, they really do not need help.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Flesh Forge posted:

Well, they do, but not that kind.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Flesh Forge posted:

maybe they should make every tweet an NFT so we can't just mercilessly screenshot them

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

redgubbinz posted:

ant man very concerned with the inner workings of sugar water delivery systems

i mean he is antman

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Every one of his posts should be signed "they had to pull my head out with forceps when I was born" for clarification

Miniscule
Organism
Designed
Only for
KKK

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/Atlanticesque/status/1746411095537897518?t=9Y9OyvuJlAqSw1Y5e6dpsw&s=19
These idiots really get their panties in a twist over fare evasion and petty theft. Since they can't really argue those individual actions really have a big impact they gotta make it seem like they're a symptom of the downfall of society lol.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Panfilo posted:

https://twitter.com/Atlanticesque/status/1746411095537897518?t=9Y9OyvuJlAqSw1Y5e6dpsw&s=19
These idiots really get their panties in a twist over fare evasion and petty theft. Since they can't really argue those individual actions really have a big impact they gotta make it seem like they're a symptom of the downfall of society lol.

No I think this more or less exactly what Bukunin was thinking of in those Russian prisons.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

Forgotten Realms is boring because it was invented before you were born. It was the (setting you like that's newer) of its day. They're all just as bad and just as interesting remixes of Tolkien and other stuff.

All of them are terrible

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I'm a little surprised to hear anarchists don't want to rule. Has anyone informed the anarchists

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I enjoy how his critique consists of "anarchists want to be outside hierarchical power structures" and he just can't wrap his brain around "anarchists want hierarchical power structures to not exist". It's not that far a leap, bud!

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I enjoy how his critique consists of "anarchists want to be outside hierarchical power structures" and he just can't wrap his brain around "anarchists want hierarchical power structures to not exist". It's not that far a leap, bud!

It's an enormous leap because people like this don't believe that hierarchical structures can just "not exist". You might as well tell them you're in favor of abolishing gravity.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Vib Rib posted:

I'm a little surprised to hear anarchists don't want to rule. Has anyone informed the anarchists

I mean it’s in the name

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Also seemingly thinking subway fare skippers are actually anarchists and doing it for ideological reasons.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

water + syrup??? I AM SAD

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Prof. Spaceman posted:

It's an enormous leap because people like this don't believe that hierarchical structures can just "not exist". You might as well tell them you're in favor of abolishing gravity.

As someone who has spent a good amount of time around anarchist communities...I'll affirm that hierarchical structures will always exist. At best you'll have people who pretend they don't, and will get very mad when you point out they absolutely do still exist. You can even point out exactly how they're shaped and who is in charge and most benefits from them, but it won't matter because their sycophants will rush to defend them, argue that you're wrong, and then ostracize you. Nothing will change, and the status quo will be perfectly preserved. It's how a white middle age cis dude who was also a landlord was somehow the de facto leader of one such group. Truly revolutionary!

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Prof. Spaceman posted:

This poster is in the pocket of Big Gravity! Don't listen to his lies!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/G13Lewis/status/1746996069853004098

Just straight up making poo poo up for MLK day.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kit Walker posted:

As someone who has spent a good amount of time around anarchist communities...I'll affirm that hierarchical structures will always exist. At best you'll have people who pretend they don't, and will get very mad when you point out they absolutely do still exist. You can even point out exactly how they're shaped and who is in charge and most benefits from them, but it won't matter because their sycophants will rush to defend them, argue that you're wrong, and then ostracize you. Nothing will change, and the status quo will be perfectly preserved. It's how a white middle age cis dude who was also a landlord was somehow the de facto leader of one such group. Truly revolutionary!

One group of shitheads do not represent the totality of human behaviour forever and always

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Prof. Spaceman posted:

They like to ask "lol what's gonna happen when someone comes and steals all your stuff since police don't exist in that situation?" and yeah they think vertical hierarchies are just inherent to humans. To them, going against this is like pulling a Harrison Bergeron on a cheetah so it's not any faster than it's snail comrades.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Also seemingly thinking subway fare skippers are actually anarchists and doing it for ideological reasons.
Like I said, they have to invent ideological reasons why it happens and why is bad. They think it's a slippery slope- if that guy doesn't pay the fare, then why should I? And why should I pay taxes to go towards a system nobody is actually contributing towards? Their other gotcha is the fact that the nicest and cleanest public transit networks tend to actively engage in fare enforcement. I'm not familiar enough to get a good breakdown of quality of public transit vs fare enforcement ratio though.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

One group of shitheads do not represent the totality of human behaviour forever and always

I'm not talking about just one. I've been around at least a dozen directly and heard stories from probably three times as many indirectly, in different countries too. They're all exactly the same in this regard. Hierarchies are a byproduct of how we function in groups. Try building a house with 5 people and no one in charge. Don't get me wrong, the current systems of power are total garbage and need to be drastically changed, but it's been impressive to see how every anarchist group built their own system of justice that was somehow worse than the legal system currently in place in the US

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Kit Walker posted:

I'm not talking about just one. I've been around at least a dozen directly and heard stories from probably three times as many indirectly, in different countries too. They're all exactly the same in this regard. Hierarchies are a byproduct of how we function in groups. Try building a house with 5 people and no one in charge. Don't get me wrong, the current systems of power are total garbage and need to be drastically changed, but it's been impressive to see how every anarchist group built their own system of justice that was somehow worse than the legal system currently in place in the US
The way my tiny leftish brain perceives this is that Anarchists don't like the idea of vertical hierarchies. But horizontal hierarchies are fine, ie you need a house built, some people are digging the foundation, others are hammering the frame together, plumbing the pipes, etc etc. As opposed to there's a group doing the building part and a group doing the 'owning' part I guess.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/StateofAUnion/status/1746703481824489629

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

https://twitter.com/air_budd_dwyer/status/1746921055174746398

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I hope the idiocy is less "lol AI made stupid generative art mistakes" and more "who eulogizes the great American commute lmao holky gently caress"

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

dude has a door complete with knob sitting in the passenger seat

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
What is the ball supposed to be?

pantsofdoom
Nov 20, 2003

i like pants

Platystemon posted:

What is the ball supposed to be?

it's a representation of the fuckin knob that asked AI to make that trash.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Panfilo posted:

The way my tiny leftish brain perceives this is that Anarchists don't like the idea of vertical hierarchies. But horizontal hierarchies are fine, ie you need a house built, some people are digging the foundation, others are hammering the frame together, plumbing the pipes, etc etc. As opposed to there's a group doing the building part and a group doing the 'owning' part I guess.

That depends on your definition of some terms. Like, even if people are separated into groups based on skills or whatever, there will still (naturally) be someone that people rally around. Either because of seniority, or knowledge, or popularity, or whatever. Like my point with the house is that if you got five people working together someone is going to end up in charge. People have to coordinate and that means either tedious discussions about every little detail, or someone who decides on what needs to get done and how. Even if you have an architect lay out the building plan, you still need to get people working on the right things at the right time and someone is going to find themselves in that role sooner or later even if they don’t try. Some would argue that that’s a vertical hierarchy

Who decides where the houses go? Who decides if we even need houses? Even if those internal orderings don’t count as a vertical hierarchy, someone needs to coordinate how all the different groups work together. Direct democracy is tedious as gently caress. I’ve sat in on four hour meetings where all twenty people involved needed to add their own little suggestion to a project that wasn’t scheduled for another three months and never got started anyway because petty drama brought the place to a grinding halt for six months. And if you’re not doing direct democracy, then someone’s gonna be making decisions for other people. Whether specifically chosen or just falling into that role because other people rally around them, isn’t that a vertical hierarchy?

e: Anyway, this probably isn’t the place for writing so much text about dumb activist poo poo. Let’s just say there are plenty of idiots off social media too, me chief among them, and leave it at that

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 00:26 on Jan 16, 2024

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Flesh Forge posted:

Yeah. Stupid clickbait to make his fans think they're so smart for knowing this thing which he's implying only smart people know.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What if everyone was in charge together?

(I look around the room and make eye contact with everyone and we all nod while smiling at each other)

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Kit Walker posted:

That depends on your definition of some terms. Like, even if people are separated into groups based on skills or whatever, there will still (naturally) be someone that people rally around. Either because of seniority, or knowledge, or popularity, or whatever. Like my point with the house is that if you got five people working together someone is going to end up in charge. People have to coordinate and that means either tedious discussions about every little detail, or someone who decides on what needs to get done and how. Even if you have an architect lay out the building plan, you still need to get people working on the right things at the right time and someone is going to find themselves in that role sooner or later even if they don’t try. Some would argue that that’s a vertical hierarchy

Who decides where the houses go? Who decides if we even need houses? Even if those internal orderings don’t count as a vertical hierarchy, someone needs to coordinate how all the different groups work together. Direct democracy is tedious as gently caress. I’ve sat in on four hour meetings where all twenty people involved needed to add their own little suggestion to a project that wasn’t scheduled for another three months and never got started anyway because petty drama brought the place to a grinding halt for six months. And if you’re not doing direct democracy, then someone’s gonna be making decisions for other people. Whether specifically chosen or just falling into that role because other people rally around them, isn’t that a vertical hierarchy?

e: Anyway, this probably isn’t the place for writing so much text about dumb activist poo poo. Let’s just say there are plenty of idiots off social media too, me chief among them, and leave it at that
I think the other issues with commune type drama is how different personalities mesh. Like if you worked in a group with 9 other exact duplicates of yourself you know exactly how each of you works, strengths, etc and can mutually act in good faith with each other. But in the real world some people are more motivated and determined than others, and some people are more passive.

The stereotype about anarcho communists is that they're lazy layabouts that expect everyone else to do all the real work. And while that can be true in some circumstances, it can also be a kind of projection- ANYONE is going to support and defend a system where they don't have to do more than they want. People who support strict vertical Heirarchies tend to do so because they benefit from that status quo.

After all, why would a non idiot willingly push for a system that would put them at the bottom?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Spot the dumb AI poo poo:

Seatbelt + Necktie combo as mentioned.
Dude's finger is in the coffee cup.
Coffee cup looks like it's floating
What the gently caress is that knob for?
Is he chilling in an intersection? There's a car coming towards him.
Power poles are different and don't have power lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Data Graham posted:

I hope the idiocy is less "lol AI made stupid generative art mistakes" and more "who eulogizes the great American commute lmao holky gently caress"

both of these are pretty mock worthy tbh

Zesty posted:

Yeah. Stupid clickbait to make his fans think they're so smart for knowing this thing which he's implying only smart people know.

there is honestly a pretty high chance that he really is that dumb, and I'm not saying anything about the country he lives in which certainly has plenty of soda dispensers, he may genuinely be that loving dumb :shrug: