Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Master Stur posted:

My hot take is Herbert is overrated like the rest of the chargers. If he was top 5 they'd be in the playoffs

Staley was a horrible coach, and everyone died this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Stroud and Love had nearly identical statlines

Safe to say they are both good.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Stroud played against an actual defense though. Love got to carve up Mr. 28-3 with the most predictable offensive scheme imaginable. Don't get me wrong, a Texans Packers Superbowl this year would own and be really exciting, but CJ Stroud is looking like a top 5 if not top 4 qb in his freaking rookie year

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Stroud looks like Brees or Warren Moon or something it's absurd how good he is already. His anticipation and ability to take what the defense gives him is far beyond his years. He's got obvious arm talent too. His only knock is his deep ball isn't quite perfect yet which is a weak knock.

Jordan Love looks like Stafford which I think is equally exciting. He's got such a cannon on shorter routes and can fit the ball in exactly like Stafford or Herbert. His range of motion on throwing is superb too. He can get the ball around defenders in his face or contort his body and get off a good throw while getting hit. This is also intriguing because he was total rear end in his last year at college. He's completely grown up from the guy that wings it into 3 defenders. Now he wings it into 3 defenders, but he knows he can make the pass.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
New mandate: Draft the lovely tools guy from the Mountain West

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I meant literally they had nearly the exact same statline

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1746706119945511312

Both of em kick rear end

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Henchman of Santa posted:

New mandate: Draft the lovely tools guy from the Mountain West

The next guy up that could go nuclear in the NFL is Avery Johnson. He’s getting coached up by the same coach who developed Love in college, Matt Wells.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

biceps crimes posted:

Stroud played against an actual defense though. Love got to carve up Mr. 28-3 with the most predictable offensive scheme imaginable. Don't get me wrong, a Texans Packers Superbowl this year would own and be really exciting, but CJ Stroud is looking like a top 5 if not top 4 qb in his freaking rookie year

No he didn’t. The browns D is horrifically bad if they can’t get pressure.

They got carved up by the Colts of all teams

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

No he didn’t. The browns D is horrifically bad if they can’t get pressure.

They got carved up by the Colts of all teams

they're literally the best defense in the NFL, at one point they were outpacing the 2000 Ravens defense

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

they're literally the best defense in the NFL, at one point they were outpacing the 2000 Ravens defense

And the boys were sixth. How did that work out for them

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

And the boys were sixth. How did that work out for them

Lmao what’s your point here? The browns defense is good, however much you want to hand wave it away.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Lmao what’s your point here? The browns defense is good, however much you want to hand wave it away.

So you agree that the cowboys defense is also good then making the original comparison pointless

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Fun fact: The Browns were the worst defense in the NFL on the road.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I mean any defense will look bad if they can't get pressure

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

So you agree that the cowboys defense is also good then making the original comparison pointless

The original point was the browns defense is significantly better than the cowboys which is still true.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

CharlestheHammer posted:

Just because the cowboys defense was good doesn’t mean that the cowboys defense was anywhere close to as good as the historically excellent Browns D.

The browns defense was significantly better than the cowboys defense this season.

Ordinal ranking does not inherently imply equivalent linear spacing. You buffoon!!!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Browns and cowboys both had defenses that played badly and got exploited by good quarterback play.

Why let comparison be the thief of enjoying two players playing good beating orgs we want to see lose.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Browns and cowboys both had defenses that played badly and got exploited by good quarterback play.

Why let comparison be the thief of enjoying two players playing good beating orgs we want to see lose.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Stroud and Love have the same agent. They gonna get loving paid.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Every defense in the modern NFL is bad if they can't get pressure. It's pretty much the only thing that counteracts the way passing games have developed and how the game has been called the last 15 or so years.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

It doesn’t let comparison be the thief of joy imo. It heightens the joy.

Like watching vegeta defeat Zarbon before watching Goku defeat Frieza.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
When the Texans play Baltimore they'll get a test against the actual best defense in the league. Should be a fun one.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

It doesn’t let comparison be the thief of joy imo. It heightens the joy.

Like watching vegeta defeat Zarbon before watching Goku defeat Frieza.

I think we can all find a peaceful equitable position which is lmao Dak because green Bay defense bad and gently caress the cowboys.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

BlindSite posted:

Good QB's put up better stat lines against good defenses than bad ones do. Crazy I know.

Good baseball pitchers have higher earned run averages against good hitting teams. It's insane.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

e: nope

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Stroud and Love will lead the league for years to come. Switching gears however, I believe Michael Penix Jr in Minnesota could be a game changer.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
E; wrong thread

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Just because the cowboys defense was good doesn’t mean that the cowboys defense was anywhere close to as good as the historically excellent Browns D.

The browns defense was significantly better than the cowboys defense this season.

Ordinal ranking does not inherently imply equivalent linear spacing. You buffoon!!!

Thanks for typing this out.

That "Composite Index of Assets" chart or whatever, which listed 2024 draft picks & cap space & salaries which can be converted, had the same issue. Sorted each category by rank, top team got 100%, bottom 0%, linear spacing all the way down.

Dumbass "ooh let's put multiple things in the same chart, regardless of their data sets" mentality.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Stroud and Love will lead the league for years to come. Switching gears however, I believe Michael Penix Jr in Minnesota could be a game changer.

I think he too could lead them to the NFC Championship, or possibly the Super Bowl, to lose in heartbreaking fashion.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Are Vikings fans ready to say Mike Penix? They're good simple folk and it's such a crass name :ohdear:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Vikings are gonna give up the farm to draft Daniels, I can feel it in my bones.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

IcePhoenix posted:

The Vikings are gonna give up the farm to draft Daniels, I can feel it in my bones.

They need to go young.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A Sneaker Broker posted:

They need to go young.

Well he is younger than Penix so it checks out

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

Good QB's put up better stat lines against good defenses than bad ones do. Crazy I know.

Good baseball pitchers have higher earned run averages against good hitting teams. It's insane.

I can’t figure out what the actual point of this post is

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

I can’t figure out what the actual point of this post is

I dunno either tbh. I read it trying to parse it and I'm just wondering how water being wet kinda reasoning fits into celebrating cool players doin cool stuff at cool times.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
NSFW for language

https://twitter.com/MonkeyD_Gucci/status/1747285315037892864

CJ ain't doing rookie stuff.

Neither is Bryce but in the other direction.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That wasn’t what I was saying. I was saying comparing them as if one being better actually matters when it doesn’t

But this is irrelevant as the Browns Defense was really bad no matter how many useless numbers you post

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

C. Everett Koop posted:

NSFW for language

https://twitter.com/MonkeyD_Gucci/status/1747285315037892864

CJ ain't doing rookie stuff.

Neither is Bryce but in the other direction.

CJ Stroud

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
it was all right there for anyone with eyes to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

it was all right there for anyone with eyes to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvGNbCA8zlM