Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ratios and Tendency posted:

What the gently caress is going on

Ja was suspended, so everyone was bumped up in the pecking order. Guys had to play extra hard to try and make up for the lack of Ja. That exertion caused some injuries, this caused extra exertion, repeat until everyone on the team iS DEAD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mean Baby posted:

I don't know, still looks like a negative player to me.

I checked and you're right, he was a -6 for the night

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Paracaidas posted:

What did Dillon Brooks know, and when did he know it?

Very little, and not until recently

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dejan Bimble posted:

Ja was suspended, so everyone was bumped up in the pecking order. Guys had to play extra hard to try and make up for the lack of Ja. That exertion caused some injuries, this caused extra exertion, repeat until everyone on the team iS DEAD.

Time for a distaste draft! :getin:

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

I checked and you're right, he was a -6 for the night

Giannis should be benched for Bobby Portis. 23pt differential!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Mean Baby posted:

Giannis should be benched for Bobby Portis. 23pt differential!

now your moneyballing

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

I think the Clippers are somehow pawning off the Clippers Curse onto other teams.

It seems they’ve been successful with the Suns and the Grizzlies so far.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

LaRavia is out at least three weeks with an ankle sprain just for fun too. He’s not relevant or anything, but it’s just getting funny at this point

purkey fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jan 15, 2024

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Awoooo

Feels good to survive a game like that where it feels like the other team can't miss. The game ending on Russ blowing a wide open layup is just icing.

Russ got hosed up the rear end by karma for this stunt:

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1746716234366730657

https://twitter.com/Kgformvp211/status/1746751462208647176

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I’m loving dying at that mike brown conference. That’s one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The Grizz are Pelicaning.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
this was from a week ago, does anybody track games missed automatically?

https://twitter.com/SravanNBA/status/1744815298895831218

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

Not in graph form, but they have it: https://www.spotrac.com/nba/injured-reserve/cumulative-team/

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
sad guy looking out bus window: the bucks blew a 13 point fourth quarter lead, lillard is shooting like 25% from 3 since Christmas on super high volume, the defense is incapable of holding teams to less than 120 points, and they needed the kings to miss 3 free throws in the final 18 seconds to even have a chance at this one

happy guy looking out bus window: dame time!!!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

dokmo posted:

obviously this correlates really well with good teams/teams that are "overperforming" but absolute lol at the spurs and warriors

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lmfao

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

obviously this correlates really well with good teams/teams that are "overperforming" but absolute lol at the spurs and warriors

Also there’s no easy way to adjust for quality, who exactly have the Lakers been missing for all those minutes

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
by clerical error, scott machado's contract never ended and no one wants to embarrass somebody by asking who he is so they keep putting him on the reserve

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Something is weird about that chart, MN has had pretty good injury luck in general but has missed way more than the, I dunno, 5-10 games that chart seems to imply? McLoughlin missed like 20 games, McDaniels missed 10, and the rest of the starters have missed another 7 or 8.

I'd expect the Wolves to be near the least but that chart doesn't look right at all.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

spotrac has the Wolves at 31 games missed by 7 dudes, looks like McLaughlin had 15 and Jaden had 8

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Aye Doc posted:

spotrac has the Wolves at 31 games missed by 7 dudes, looks like McLaughlin had 15 and Jaden had 8

It's not including some of the early season stuff for some reason, McDaniels missed the first 2 games with a calf injury, Mcloughlin missed early games too. But still, 31 is a lot closer than what that chart shows.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://x.com/ShamsCharania/status/1746944863717732788?s=20

There was a rookie team last year and wemby+chet+jaime jaquez jr would be cool

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

nachos posted:

I’m loving dying at that mike brown conference. That’s one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen

I'm really curious how the NBA is going to react to it. There are plenty of examples of players and coaches coming out saying "gently caress the refs for their lovely calls tonight" and getting fined. What happens when a guy comes out and says "they are nice guys who make mistakes, but gently caress their lovely calls tonight and here is video proof"?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
oh he's definitely about to eat a huge fine.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Lifespan posted:

I'm really curious how the NBA is going to react to it. There are plenty of examples of players and coaches coming out saying "gently caress the refs for their lovely calls tonight" and getting fined. What happens when a guy comes out and says "they are nice guys who make mistakes, but gently caress their lovely calls tonight and here is video proof"?

a very large fine and a stern admonishing privately

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Brown saying that they had a completely different ruling on whether a defender could have their forearm out as they jumped vertically… that’s pretty damning

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

dokmo posted:

This is a horrendous visualization, that is my thought.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

a very large fine and a stern admonishing privately

Nothing compared to the existential toll of sleepless nights ahead for the referees

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Whew that call is even worse than it sounds

https://x.com/thekingsherald/status/1746982003478757427?s=46&t=onxyh9cLuduaEE8VkMrnMQ

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

The refereeing has been something special so far this year. The fix is in every game, every night, every city.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

toggle posted:

The refereeing has been something special so far this year. The fix is in every game, every night, every city.

the league trying to get refs 20 years of experience in 5-10 years of games because they rarely hired/trained anyone new from the 80s through the aughts.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Tanking

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I don't know what is happening with reviews that are so clearly wrong. I understand in the motion of the game things are going to be missed, that happens. But when you go to a review and just.... ignore what is on the screen, wtf? Are the refs trying to protest reviews or something?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

On court refs should never be the ones doing the review of the calls it’s like teachers who let students self grade

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I thought Secaucus handled all the replay disputes and the game refs are only checking for time on the clocks.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Blind Pineapple posted:

I thought Secaucus handled all the replay disputes and the game refs are only checking for time on the clocks.

I think they just queue up the replays

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

need a replay official specifically dedicated to telling the raptors coach that when you intentionally foul the other team gets free throws

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/1746990268383969322

:hmmyes:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

sga is my mvp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Ghost Dog posted:

sga is my mvp

:agreed: