Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Tiny Timbs posted:

evil looms you say?

Demonic tailors confirmed for season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
crafting confirmed

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
more than it's already in the game

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Vic posted:

I feel like we've been let down by videogame reviewers yet again.

They were all like "optimistic about the future of the franchise it didnt crash the moves are satisfying to do 9/10" and then moved on.

are you admitting that you were actually surprised by what d4 is even after seeing all the advertising and such

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
it's uhhhh evil loons, aquatic bird season

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
what's crazy is that somehow that's not even the most blatant poe ripoff an arpg has done this week. can't even win in the blatant theft contest

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kaysette posted:

birds arent real!!!!

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
The evil loom clicks

A dark and mysterious tapestry rises

Diablo’s meemaw smiles menacingly

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

you know what really grinds my gears? evil

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Season 4’s big bad will be a possessed butter churn

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
so how will they great gears onto the current mob types? who would best fit a pair of goggles on them?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Imagine 4 duriels on a cliff,

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Imagine 4 duriels on a cliff,

Would pay a little real money for some Zybourne Clock tattoos or other cosmetics for my characters.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

Kaysette posted:

this would actually bring me back in for season three which ill otherwise likely skip

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I maxed out the battle pass but got bored of the actual season objectives. Nothing past a certain point is permanent is it?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
the character you make in the seasonal realms will be kicked back to eternal after the season ends. as it stands, if nothing changes in season 3, you'll have to re-unlock: strongholds, some waypoints, dungeon aspects. you'll have to level another character in the season 3 seasonal realm if you want to do whatever the new seasonal steampunk thing is

titles, cosmetics, statues, achievement progress, and bottom track renown progress will carry over in any direction barring between SC and HC. well, statues and renown don't carry between, the rest does

not sure if that's all what you mean though. like there are permanent unlocks in the seasonal objectives like titles, horse armor. that stuff is permanent.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man, fired up the new D3 season with the wife since we havent played in like 2 years, and instantly having way more fun than we had co-oping d4, jesus. how are the classes way funner, the feel of blasting screens of monsters better, and the loot more enjoyable than its sequel.

d4 needs a monk and demon hunter asap, rogue wishes it was 1/4 as cool as DH

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Eh rogue hits that agile dex archetype really well. Plenty of DH in there.

I agree though it needs a monk as well as a paladin type.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Yeah I miss monk and I do wish there was a dedicated artillery/bow class. If the rumored expansion class is some chakram or w/e thrower though I am gonna laugh.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

queeb posted:

man, fired up the new D3 season with the wife since we havent played in like 2 years, and instantly having way more fun than we had co-oping d4, jesus. how are the classes way funner, the feel of blasting screens of monsters better, and the loot more enjoyable than its sequel.

d4 needs a monk and demon hunter asap, rogue wishes it was 1/4 as cool as DH

Mfing witch doctor dude

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I like not playing the game but skimming this thread every 4 months and wondering what the gently caress Diablo 4 even is anymore

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

smoobles posted:

I like not playing the game but skimming this thread every 4 months and wondering what the gently caress Diablo 4 even is anymore

mat farmer and brick wall crash simulator

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

smoobles posted:

Do you like clicking a mouse button?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Tokubetsu posted:

Yeah I miss monk and I do wish there was a dedicated artillery/bow class. If the rumored expansion class is some chakram or w/e thrower though I am gonna laugh.

Penetrating shot might be what you want. It feels more like multishot than D3's cluster arrow though.

It's just on the same class as twisting blades which is almost broken tier in killing power. That's your shadow DH build.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Papercut posted:

Mfing witch doctor dude

yeah hard agree, I usually do witch doctor but the free monk Set was Innas and i love that set, me and my homies killin demons

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

smoobles posted:

even guys like raxxenterax swapped to poe and have been blasting and putting out poe videos for awhile now. pretty sure i've seen raxx get more hype in his last few videos than his entire d4 run

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Love to watch content creators get hype!!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

American McGay posted:

Love to watch content creators get hype!!

me too bro makes me happy seeing other people happy

guess i just got a lot of empathy to go around

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

Bumhead posted:

Do you like clicking a mouse button?

i like pressing buttons on a controller mostly but sometimes i click a mouse button

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

smoobles posted:

It's still pretty poo poo. Doesn't hold a candle to D3 and every other major arpg. Lower your expectations to the core of the earth for S3 because I am and that's how you should view Diablo 4. Oh, nothing good is likely coming till S4/expansion. See you in 4 months

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

queeb posted:

even guys like raxxenterax swapped to poe and have been blasting and putting out poe videos for awhile now. pretty sure i've seen raxx get more hype in his last few videos than his entire d4 run
There was one channel that put out a video called 'd4 veteran tries poe2' and I thought veteran? I know it feels like it's been a thousand years of grinding Duriel but it's been 3 months, 6 if you count before it was good.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

anyone who served during season 1 is a veteran imho

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Anyone mind carrying me through the Uber Lilith fight on PS5? Want to knock out the achievement and seasonal quest but I don't think I'm going to be able to get my build tuned up enough to actually take her solo before the season ends.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Ok so I'm level 99 and getting my ducks in a row to try and complete the seasonal journey if I can.

I've completed Helltide chests, world bosses, and blood harvest 18.

I've run an 89 NMD and it was...hard? Slow and tricky? I beat it but it doesn't seem like a good probability run unless I should be targeting a specific flow.

The NMD grind for leveling glyphs is just unpleasant, and ultimately I only put up with it to grind for Beast mats to hunt pants (which would make all of these boss challenges easier or just trivial? Maybe).

What's my best focus? Should I bother with the seeds of hatred farming and just avoid PvP?

Right now my thought is to grind glyphs and run Beast to hunt for pants and if I get those just attempt to down Lilith/NMD 90. I haven't tried Duriel but I suspect I can beat him. I figured I'd wait until I scaled as strong as possible, since I don't count on getting the Uber Unique from him.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
The seeds are very easy, yeah. If you want to avoid PvP as much as possible, turn off crossplay and don't play at a "peak" time for your time zone. But it's usually not that busy anyway.

If you get to a PvP zone and are seeing lots of kill notices, try the other one. If you're just seeing "___ has started a ritual" but no kills, it's probably just people getting their seeds done, too. Pick a spot away from them and they should leave you alone.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Have you done Uber Lilith? Either hit someone up on the discord, or if you're old and don't understand how it works like me, just stand outside the entrance once you hit 100 and spam the hello emote until someone who was going to solo it anyway takes pity and lets you join them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
If you're doing t90 NMD you can probably beat Duriel, easily. None of the optional bosses are hard they're just a pain to get to because you have to farm mats. Uber lilith is the only hard one because if you can't just dps burst her, a lot of her attacks will one hit kill you and the screen can be hard to read.