Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Wonder if it is optimal for regular running backs to slide a certain % of the time to keep defenders more hesitant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

38 took a terrible angle to try to back that up, got completely frozen by the juke

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol at the Steeler jumping on Diggs' back and tackling him

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

LMAO HOW DID YOU NOT TACKLE HIM

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I need Lamar to learn that slide bait

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Bill Nye! The... I got nothing, go Bills.

theCops
Aug 13, 2004
Flacco will be a Steeler next year

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

That was definitely roughing by the book but they need to do something about the rule. There’s just no way a defensive player can 100% avoid contact once they’re committed to the tackle.

There’s some ground between “lights up a defenseless player who has given themselves up” and “does a double backflip to avoid touching Mahomes while he’s leaning back slightly.”

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

trevorreznik posted:

My favorite part of that play wasn't the broken tackle or the guy getting juked, rather it was the Steelers guy just jumping on a different bills player back and tackling him in the end zone

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

lol that Steelers player tackled the wrong guy at the goal line
Absolute samesies

"haha GOT YOU wait where's the ball"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

theCops posted:

Flacco will be a Steeler next year
Tannehill

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004
KC Dome boy afraid to leave his dome will have to leave his frozen hellscape for another frozen hellscape.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
wait why did some steelers guy tackle the wrong guy. i think he actually thought a blocker had the ball lmao

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Failson posted:

Bill Nye! The... I got nothing, go Bills.

Bill Nye! Did you see THAT, guy?!

Wait that doesn’t work gently caress

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

waffle enthusiast posted:

That was definitely roughing by the book but they need to do something about the rule. There’s just no way a defensive player can 100% avoid contact once they’re committed to the tackle.

There’s some ground between “lights up a defenseless player who has given themselves up” and “does a double backflip to avoid touching Mahomes while he’s leaning back slightly.”

I mean, you especially can't let a QB fake slide to break a big run and then also flag guys for that.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Play posted:

The issue is that holding can only be applied before the pass is thrown. And it sure looked like that happened after the pass occurred.

the defender was clearly holding/interfering though. if it's not technically illegal at that millisecond then it should be and I am glad a flag was thrown. it was cosmically correct

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

shakir is unbelieveable

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
The one game where Josh Allen didn't throw at least one incredibly stupid pick.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Play posted:

wait why did some steelers guy tackle the wrong guy. i think he actually thought a blocker had the ball lmao

I mean look all of us have hurled ourselves at the wrong man at some point in our lives and been embarrassed after the fact. Also some people do it during football too.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Shakir’s hips.. they don’t lie

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Why you gotta jinx him

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

DuhSal posted:

Shakir’s hips.. they don’t lie

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004
Steelers just love those draw plays

Play
Apr 25, 2006

well ive spent about as much of my life on this game as I'm willing to, good job taking care of business bills

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Not too late! :ssh:

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Rogue0071 posted:

I mean, you especially can't let a QB fake slide to break a big run and then also flag guys for that.

Hopefully after this they take a look at the slide rule after the season.

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

Six minutes left in the game though?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

um, playcalling

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

holy poo poo that was bad clock management and urgency

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
well thanks steelers and browns for making everyone think the afc north sucks

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
imagine trying to claim josh allen juking you out of your spine was a 'fake slide'

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Despera posted:

well thanks steelers and browns for making everyone think the afc north sucks

the afc north does suck

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

The 7th Guest posted:

holy poo poo that was bad clock management and urgency

They've had a few like that today. At what point does "no season below .500" become not enough in the face of that poo poo?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean a little urgency here Steelers?

Have a play ready to go if the third down play didn't work?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this is a tremendously bad drive

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sling the ball. please win

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
:fork:

put UrinatingTree on self-harm watch

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wow

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Steelers haven't won a playoff game is so drat long it's incredible

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004
Don’t call penalties so this game can just end

Adbot