Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Meat Wagon posted:

I thought it was ok. I like the setting and the atmosphere but I'm not really feeling the main mystery or any of the characters so far.

my one and only positive note at the end of the first episode was "this show has nice b-roll"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Hackers film 1995 posted:

she made a joke about how gen z needs to relax and go to work on time and learn to spell. i hope she gets cancelled forever for this

Why are you booing me I’m right Hannibal Burress dot jpeg

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

liberals love shows that exist just to reassure them they're good people

this is why the curse was so loving damning

e god drat it

Lister posted:

Also see: The Curse

sinnesloeschen fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 15, 2024

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I saw Mona Lisa and the Blood Moon. Highly recommended if you want to see one of those moody, lurid A24 neonoir movies, but don’t want the heavy tone. It’s like the theme park ride version of a much edgier movie. I’m not even being snarky; I had uncomplicated fun.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

If you like the setting and atmosphere of Night Country but thought it needed more X-Files esque spoopy creatures then I highly recommend Fortitude.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3498622/

(It's a UK show but I watched it on Prime a few years ago, not sure how to watch it now other than a VPN or :filez: )

Also I had no idea there was a season 3 since that was never on Amazon

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

my one and only positive note at the end of the first episode was "this show has nice b-roll"

Probably would've been better if they had an actual score instead of a million pop songs too.

I'm going to keep with it for a few episodes to see where it goes but nothing has really hooked me yet. I keep imagining how much better it would be as a supernatual thriller then I remember it's just normal and get disappointed, probably because I'm thinking about the thing.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Please Jay, get a haricut... and a beard trim... and while we're at it, a Brazilian wax

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cacator posted:

Please Jay, get a haricut... and a beard trim... and while we're at it, a Brazilian wax

Don't listen to them, grew it out, become a wild man, move to a cabin in the woods, write a manifesto!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Jay is starting to look like a cross between some kind of Jim Hensonian forest folk, and an American born again Christian girl’s concept of Datable Jesus.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
your own personal Jaysus

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Jay definitely passed from "hot guitar playing hippie" to "homeless person" between the first and second Star Trek Trivia episodes, so maybe a trim is in the cards for him.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I got three answers right in the first trivia video. Now on to the second. I like Jay's reading glasses.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
The Ted Unrated cut is such a ripoff, it just adds a bunch of Matt Walsh ranting and Mila says the australia-word

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

X JAKK posted:

Mila says the australia-word
"Literate"?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

X JAKK posted:

Though known primarily by South Park making fun of its trailer, Rob Schneider's The Animal is a really great film.

as someone who saw it in theaters is definitely is not

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Mordja posted:

"Literate"?

cobba

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022
chazzwazzer

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Mordja posted:

"Literate"?

No word represents Australia less

Barudak
May 7, 2007

mysterious frankie posted:

Joe’s new standup special is really good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_97zE4GRZk

Oh so this is where people who found News From Lake Woebegon hilarious moved on to.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
looks like he's got a shiny erection

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yah... looks like...

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Mike can't hide his love for humiliation

And nothing is more humiliating than losing to Rich Evans while a beautiful Jay looks on

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

So Ali Wong, man. Talk about someone who is getting the world's biggest push for no reason. I will tell you that every single second of her standup is torture. it all feels like that Eric cartman female comic parody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEo8Ob2UekQ

Her husband divorced her two months after this, so... maybe it's kinda funny? The only thing I know about him is that he went to Harvard. and I know that because she's said so approximately eight million times.

Anyway, name your least favorite celebs who are inexplicably wining awards this year!

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Donny Trump and the iowa caucus.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

poisonpill posted:

So Ali Wong, man. Talk about someone who is getting the world's biggest push for no reason. I will tell you that every single second of her standup is torture. it all feels like that Eric cartman female comic parody

Her husband divorced her two months after this, so... maybe it's kinda funny? The only thing I know about him is that he went to Harvard. and I know that because she's said so approximately eight million times.

Anyway, name your least favorite celebs who are inexplicably wining awards this year!

She was pretty great in Beef :shrug:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Spent too much money on big green asses

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1747140707536736711

poisonpill posted:

I started watching "Beef" and she's great in it

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lol, how

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Alright, I stand corrected. I'll see if Beef lives up to the hype!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beef needed to end at episode 9.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
it ended at episode 1 for me

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah, as much as I liked the show, the final episode drrrrraaaaaaaggggss

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Only a rumor at this point, but in news that will shock no one, the new Rey Skywalker movie has been put on hold indefinitely.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I liked Ali Wong’s first standup special but haven’t watched her other stuff or Beef yet.

For some reason news sites have got to tell me she is going out with Bill Hader now.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

roomtone posted:

it ended at episode 1 for me

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Jose Oquendo posted:

Only a rumor at this point, but in news that will shock no one, the new Rey Skywalker movie has been put on hold indefinitely.

impossible

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Somehow Rey did not return.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

The director says he wants it to be a three-season story, and this is one situation where I really hope Netflix Netflixes that idea out of existence. Season one is, aside from the shaky final episode, a perfectly told story. It does not need further elaboration.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

priznat posted:

I liked Ali Wong’s first standup special but haven’t watched her other stuff or Beef yet.

For some reason news sites have got to tell me she is going out with Bill Hader now.

She’s got a great agent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mysterious frankie posted:

The director says he wants it to be a three-season story,

Lmao that’s fuckin stupid.