Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I get that, but once it put the bucket up and started doing donuts, it was started turning unbalanced.

Even baring that, you hit that loving thing at 20-25 mph, even if it doesn't flip, it's not doing poo poo.

Again, I'm a dumbfuck, and like crashing things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I think if you hit it at the sort of speeds you can get to with such a short runup that both you, the driver, and the guy in the bobcat will be sort of concussed and out of it for the next few minutes. As the emergency responder you really don't want to ring your bell and tangle with airbags for the next five minutes with an unknown outcome.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
This is some real "why didn't he just shoot the gun out of his hands" bullshit.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

I think if you hit it at the sort of speeds you can get to with such a short runup that both you, the driver, and the guy in the bobcat will be sort of concussed and out of it for the next few minutes. As the emergency responder you really don't want to ring your bell and tangle with airbags for the next five minutes with an unknown outcome.

That's the point. You stop it in the safest, fastest way possible, and you take the hit.
Better than trying to shoot the guy, or letting him continue until he really hurts or kills anyone.

But I'm just spitballing from an arm chair.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

A.o.D. posted:

This is some real "why didn't he just shoot the gun out of his hands" bullshit.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

pseudosavior posted:

It amazes me that we spend $800+ billion a year on 'defense', but our actual equipment is just as ancient, grizzled, and broken-down as our politicians are.

It amazes me that you yanks spend 3x my countries entire GDP just on defense.

It's also living proof that conflicts aren't won by the best military, rather the least inept/corrupt

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
The only way to stop a bad guy in a Bobcat is a good guy in a Bobcat.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
I'd rather be a Bobcat than a Sheepdog. :catte:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Arcella posted:

The good guy needs a bigger cat.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
Then it's just a race to "who gets the Bagger 288 first".

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

pseudosavior posted:

Then it's just a race to "who gets the Bagger 288 first".

Its usually busy with godzillas and doom robots from the future.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
CS:Go Gungame but with industrial machinery

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

pseudosavior posted:

It amazes me that we spend $800+ billion a year on 'defense', but our actual equipment is just as ancient, grizzled, and broken-down as our politicians are.

Politicians have twenty-six years on the ships.

USS Blue Ridge was launched in 1969 and expected to remain in service only fifteen more years.

Ships only beat the politicians if Constitution counts.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

The Blue Ridge looks way more modern than the age suggests, I think it's that super sleek superstructure.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Arcella posted:

I literally believe this, I watched it thinking "none of you motherfuckers thought to get in another one and Battlebots his rear end?"

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Naramyth posted:

That would be an lol/lmao moment

Forklifts are no joke

Yeah, unless you have a cop that is also forklift certified there's just no chance.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hrm. Actually a forklift might win a fight against a bobcat because slipping the tins into something it can lift n’ tip will be a lot easier than snagging to shovel on it but you couldn’t let the bobcat hit your side up high or you’ll tip over too easy.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!
Lotta hydraulics on that bobcat for a forklift to put holes in.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Yeah, unless you have a cop that is also forklift certified there's just no chance.

No cop is cool enough to be forklift certified.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Crab Dad posted:

Hrm. Actually a forklift might win a fight against a bobcat because slipping the tins into something it can lift n’ tip will be a lot easier than snagging to shovel on it but you couldn’t let the bobcat hit your side up high or you’ll tip over too easy.

Oh man. Someone needs to remake BattleBots but with bigger robots so we can see what would win in a forklift v. bobcat match.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Donald Trump wins the Iowa caucus. He's getting more than 70% of the total votes.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
That's not a surprise, though, is it?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

Donald Trump wins the Iowa caucus. He's getting more than 70% of the total votes.

Kind of a telling anecdote:

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1747069512359580139

Leave posted:

That's not a surprise, though, is it?

Depends on what you listened to. Polls and on-the-ground reporting essentially agreed (reports like 1:1 reporter:ratio at DeSantis events). Pundits, opinion columnists, and TV news sources hurfed and blurfed a lot.

Also it still hasn't connected for a lot of normies that it's a Biden vs. Trump general election. They're still making up random poo poo about either one of them dropping out for nonsensical reasons.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
the country will be so hosed when trump gets elected again and just hand waves away all of his crimes, then installs more chudges

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
If Trump gets re-elected, this country is hosed even worse than it already is. We'd be doomed.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
We are properly hosed if he gets back in office.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
yeah I don't have much faith in the DNC to actually have an effective campaign against him. I do have faith they will again talk about him and his followers like they are big idiots, though

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

maffew buildings posted:

yeah I don't have much faith in the DNC to actually have an effective campaign against him. I do have faith they will again talk about him and his followers like they are big idiots, though
tbf they are all big idiots

The problem is they're dangerous idiots whose threat needs to be taken seriously.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’ve said before that I never want to hear anything from Hillary Clinton every again.

Her complete silence would still be fine by me, but if DJT pulls the coveted Grover Cleveland, I also wouldn’t mind hearing her remarks on the matter.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

maffew buildings posted:

good thing the DNC isn't really a functional thing that exists outside of an extension of the Biden campaign

if you're going to do the doomer thing, please doomer correctly

Edit: mainly this is my frustration with the concept of the DNC as this all-powerful thing when it's loving nothing

Also, part of the whole "expectation" thing is that "the media" wants this primary season to continue on for weeks/months to juice ratings. It's not really competitive though, it's basically been Donnie's since the indictments came in. The base is pro-insurrectionist anyways and the other candidates didn't even really run against him.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Pine Cone Jones posted:

We are properly hosed if he gets back in office.

The whole world is.

I'd genuinely rather survive and suffer through the results of a full-scale strategic nuclear exchange than have four more years of Trump as president.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

good thing the DNC isn't really a functional thing that exists outside of an extension of the Biden campaign

Edit: mainly this is my frustration with the concept of the DNC as this all-powerful thing when it's loving nothing

It's been irritating ever since the internet left has made "the DNC" this all powerful yet inept cabal controlling the destruction of Bernie Sanders.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

facialimpediment posted:

whoops used DNC as a stand in for "whoever the gently caress is supposed to have a plan to counter a Trump presidential run and get battleground state voters to vote Biden"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Voter perceptions will align with “the metrics” that say that the economy is doing great any day now.

Any day now.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

we're all powerful shitposters here, let's open our own superpac and be the messaging we want to see. It can't be that hard to sucker these megadonors into opening the checkbook if Amy McGrath and Jaime Harrington cleared $200,000,000 between them to lose by 15

THIS MESSAGE PAID FOR BY SGT CHOWDOWN FOR LIBERTY

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

maffew buildings posted:

whoops used DNC as a stand in for "whoever the gently caress is supposed to have a plan to counter a Trump presidential run and get battleground state voters to vote Biden"

The Biden Campaign! Yell about him and I will have zero complaints about your choice of target (outside of the doomerism).

Kazinsal posted:

The whole world is.

I'd genuinely rather survive and suffer through the results of a full-scale strategic nuclear exchange than have four more years of Trump as president.

To some extent, horseshoe lefties haven't quite grasped the binary choice involved here because either NEVER VOTING FOR GENOCIDE JOE or "lol DNC gonna pick someone else". Still not being fully grasped that the nominees are going to be the nominees and a lot will happen before November.

But a solid, worrying point is being made by some commentators. If democracy/society is dependant on Biden getting reelected, but the Republican party is going full donnieloony, it's not exactly viable that we basically need nothing but democratic presidents.

Other countries have kinda noticed too: https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/01/15/what-foreign-diplomats-say-about-u-s-politics-behind-closed-doors-00135326

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'll note that he had 70% way early on. He's hovering at around 50% now with Haley and DeSantis fighting for first loser.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
wrong thread.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/status/1747077811838533842?t=qPNr1ETURRGhi_rlJa9xMQ&s=19

Still, courts, don't fail me now, because this country is Turbofucked if he doesn't go to jail, lose, or die before the election. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I have to hope that Donnie loses and we somehow avoid calamity for another few years. I have enough going on to distract myself right now, but come November I may just lock myself in the basement and watch all of sliders.