Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Trumps at 50.4% at the moment, more then double the next candidate but still not a decisive win. Seems Ron and Nikki will probably be around for a while then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

TulliusCicero posted:

The people who vote in an Iowa GOP Caucus have loving brain damage?

That's all I got from it

Lmao 2500 people love Jesus lord Trump on loving Iowa and the Doomers start Dies Iraeing

Is the biden/trump dots they're saying under biden or trump? I don't know what the %s under the categories mean! This table sucks rear end. If it is just polling GOP caucusers who the gently caress cares

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Sorry I know we’re watching the cockus results coming in but I’m still lolling at this dipshit nerd.

Caliphates, distrust of police, and anti-fascism didn’t exist before Barack Obama, holy poo poo :lmao:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

CNN has Trump <50% lol

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1747070325227999573

Go gently caress yourself.

https://twitter.com/saletan/status/1746968371243934130

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

TulliusCicero posted:

and the Doomers start Dies Iraeing

I enjoyed this verb

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

also Don's going to be a sore winner and say his 99.9999999% win was stollen.

dr_rat posted:

Trumps at 50.4% at the moment, more then double the next candidate but still not a decisive win. Seems Ron and Nikki will probably be around for a while then.

Honestly it's a much weaker showing for him than I expected

If the field clears it seems Ron or Nikki are in striking distance of him, and he campaigned hard for raising dumbass Iowa nonsense that doesn't matter

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

kazil posted:

CNN has Trump <50% lol

Just went down to 48.9%. lol.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/Rushthewriter/status/1747072185879904462

Sums up The Republican Party nicely.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
5 people voted for Asa Hutchinson.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Trigger warning this poo poo :blastu:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

If Trump finishes sub 50% that's actually pretty lol, and shows the GOP isn't nearly the done race we thought.

He could lose NH, it's a long shot but possible with these numbers as low as they are in his friendliest territory

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

TulliusCicero posted:

The people who vote in an Iowa GOP Caucus have loving brain damage?

That's all I got from it

Lmao 2500 people love Jesus lord Trump on loving Iowa and the Doomers start Dies Iraeing

Yeah the turnout is abysmal, this is basically a poll of the stupidest motherfuckers in one of the dumbest states

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Just went down to 48.9%. lol.

Oooooooooooooof. That's actually kinda... bad for the annointed god-emperor of the GOP, right? Like more than half of his own party, especially the psychos who would trudge to a primary polling place in skin-flayingly cold weather, hate him?

That's a LOL

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CitizenKain posted:

5 people voted for Asa Hutchinson.

I will not hear people telling so vile lies about them and besmirching their name like this!!!

got six votes

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

DeSantis is going to win zero primaries and caucuses, isn't he. lmao

Robot Ron

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Trump wins a deeply red, white and evangelical state in a caucus

Goons: "AMERICA IS DOOMED! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!"

lol like clockwork

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

If Trump finishes sub 50% that's actually pretty lol, and shows the GOP isn't nearly the done race we thought.

He could lose NH, it's a long shot but possible with these numbers as low as they are in his friendliest territory

The campaign was hyping >50% so anything under that is a bad showing lmao

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

FuturePastNow posted:

Yeah the turnout is abysmal, this is basically a poll of the stupidest motherfuckers in one of the dumbest states

yeah, turnout is expected to be way lower than 2016

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Never Boot Up

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Yeah trump sub 50 is a terrible result for him. He needs to wrap this up quick before the convictions and judgments start rolling in.

He needs to be the presumptive nominee before any of the criminal trials start wrapping.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Asterite34 posted:

Oooooooooooooof. That's actually kinda... bad for the annointed god-emperor of the GOP, right? Like more than half of his own party, especially the psychos who would trudge to a primary polling place in skin-flayingly cold weather, hate him?

That's a LOL

Getting less than 50% in loving Iowa GOP numbers when you declare yourself god anointed is loving clown shoes levels of LOL

that ain't beating Biden

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Seeing Trump and Haley compete neck and neck would be hilarious. Trump will straight racist grandpa her rear end the entire time and ignore all the poo poo he flings at her happening to also make himself look like poo poo.

^^^ nothing is gonna beat Biden, his tax breaks hitting 2023 returns are going to make for some happy people and do the job by itself.

If there's one thing people don't hate, it's getting more money back at tax time.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I mean, the best possible results for us are months more of watching Trump, DeSantis, and Haley slap-fighting

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Trumps going to bitch unless he blows away the competition. You know he will.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Trump wins a deeply red, white and evangelical state in a caucus

Goons: "AMERICA IS DOOMED! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!"

Hey now, there's nothing saying both of these things can't simultaneously be true :v:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Seeing Trump and Haley compete neck and neck would be hilarious. Trump will straight racist grandpa her rear end the entire time and ignore all the poo poo he flings at her happening to also make himself look like poo poo.

^^^ nothing is gonna beat Biden, his tax breaks hitting 2023 returns are going to make for some happy people and do the job by itself.

If there's one thing people don't hate, it's getting more money back at tax time.

Some sort of student loan forgiveness on mass scale is starting again next month, seems the long form plan has hit implementation stage.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Uh what tax changes are going on with Biden? I hadn't read about that?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

"after 9/11 I have hard feelings for mooselms. also gently caress dem city folk and THOSE people."

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

skeleton warrior posted:

I mean, the best possible results for us are months more of watching Trump, DeSantis, and Haley slap-fighting

The best thing for Biden and the worst for Trump is this drags out past Super Tuesday

If it does that means Biden's job is a bit easier

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Important poll update:
Asa Hutchinson is now on 9 votes! Only needs 2078 more to beat trump!

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

dr_rat posted:

Important poll update:
Asa Hutchinson is now on 9 votes! Only needs 2078 more to beat trump!

We're all here for them. Just out of frame.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Reminder that Trump is going to be in court tomorrow lololol

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Trymp is officially sub 50% now lol

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
How do I get to be in a focus group? That's sounds like it'd be so much fun.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I'm going to assume NH is not nearly as friendly to Trump as Iowa, in a loving Caucus, where he has the friendliest most staunch Republicans avaliable.

NH GOPers seem more establishment, he might actually be in trouble here

I am not trying to hype this too hard, but THAT population in Iowa SHOULD NOT be close for him like this, especially after his efforts to anoint himself.

He's weaker than anyone thinks

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 16, 2024

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Outpost22 posted:

How do I get to be in a focus group? That's sounds like it'd be so much fun.

Hang out in a rural diner and be as loudly stupid and white as humanly possible.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

I'm going to assume NH is not nearly as friendly to Trump as Iwoa, in a loving Caucus, where has the friendliest most staunch Republicans avaliable.

some polls have Haley withing single digit percentages behind Trump in NH

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

I'm going to assume NH is not nearly as friendly to Trump as Iowa, in a loving Caucus, where has the friendliest most staunch Republicans avaliable.

Iam not trying to hype this too hard, but THAT population in Iowa SHOULD NOT be close for him like this, especiallyafter his efforts to anoint himself.

He's weaker than anyone thinks

If Haley pulls second here there's an outside chance she could win NH

But then comes SC and that may be Trump's firewall until Super Tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Uh what tax changes are going on with Biden? I hadn't read about that?

For 2024, normal people brackets have like an extra 3k deduction across the board.. Married filing joint, filing single etc.

For 2023, nothing I guess. I forgot what year changes are for.

edit: I stand corrected, it did hit 2023.

https://www.schwab.com/learn/story/taxes-things-to-know-now

big inflation adjustment:
After an inflation adjustment, the 2023 standard deduction increases to $13,850 for single filers and married couples filing separately and to $20,800 for single heads of household, who are generally unmarried with one or more dependents. For married couples filing jointly, the standard deduction rises to $27,700.

2022 was 12,950 19,400 and 25,900. So about 1-2 grand bump with more for 2024.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 16, 2024