Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

HKR posted:

Iowa is literally going to have a body count attached to it

It doesn't really matter how many people Iowa has slept with, nobody talks about Montana that way! <:mad:>

priznat posted:

Stryder posted:

Just wanna put it out there that the whole idea of a caucus is one of the loving DUMBEST vestigial organs of our political process.

"Are we gonna vote to choose the candidate we'd like to represent us, in a primary election?"

"Sort of! We ALL have to PHYSICALLY show up to a location and then everyone clusters into their own groups, depending on who you support! You can even hold up signs and wear hats and stuff! THEN, once everyone is standing in their little groups, we have speeches to see if you want to red-rover over to someone else's group or stay in your own, and THEN we all raise our hands to vote! It's so much fun!"

fuckin' grade school gym class bullshit...
It actually does sound kinda fun tbh

:hmmyes: it's how we should choose mods

rotinaj posted:

Oh thank goodness the retiring senator who everyone has hated for years and is about to hand his seat to a Republican is going to vanity run

Go away Manchin, you kept the dems hobbled to trying to placate you to keep your seat instead of trying to flip a seat that will actually vote with them on big stuff

I can't remember if it was a tweet/skeet/toot or a post here, but I remember reading something to the effect that with Manchin gone, Democrats are going to have to come to terms with two things: how many parts of the Democratic Agenda were only possible because of Joe Manchin, and how many of those exact same things were never as good as they could have been because of Joe Manchin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Yeah how is this so loving slow, it's a caucus

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I'm rusty on my caucus procedures but they can have multiple rounds and it only ends when a candidate at a precinct gets 50% of the vote at that precinct... I think? Maybe that's on the Dem side. I remember that was a thing in 2020 at least

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

stop the count!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Canada would agree, TV channels aren’t allowed to show results or “projections” until the polls have closed for that region

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Gresh posted:

back up to 52.7 with 39% in

52.2% now. Seems there were some very strong cacucus at the start but things have been sort of stabilizing now with trump about +/- 2 of 50% but it's possible cacus that are going later might start to vote different.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'm rusty on my caucus procedures but they can have multiple rounds and it only ends when a candidate at a precinct gets 50% of the vote at that precinct... I think? Maybe that's on the Dem side. I remember that was a thing in 2020 at least

What a stupid rear end system. I assume this is just to try and mimic preferential voting?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

It's coming for you, too, Nimarata

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

How long before Trump starts complaining about a rigged election keeping him from winning harder?

Jim Cramer
Sep 18, 2009
Caucuses are dumb as hell, it is known.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Rhonne posted:

How long before Trump starts complaining about a rigged election keeping him from winning harder?

He's been doing it for weeks now on Truth

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

52% in the Iowa caucus seems pretty low to me?

Sad!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Rhonne posted:

Oh it will be great if trump starts going on about rigged primaries. Would love to see the GOP try and defend them while simultaneously trying to not piss of trump more.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think when they do political issue polls if the respondent identifies themselves as a Republican they should just end the interview. There's nothing of value in their opinions, and asking them their opinions only makes their opinions worse.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

nine-gear crow posted:

How would a two foot long caucus even work?

:hmmyes:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so who is this dipshit.
i just want to make sure that everyone does actually know who bo loudon is.

he is an exceedingly cringe zoomer who inherited his love of self-promotion and seo-seeding personal websites (https://www.boloudon.org/) from his mother gina loudon - radio host turned donald trump 2020 campaign media advisor, mar-a-lago paid member, and previous contestant on wife swap.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

notwithoutmyanus posted:

For 2024, normal people brackets have like an extra 3k deduction across the board.. Married filing joint, filing single etc.

For 2023, nothing I guess. I forgot what year changes are for.

edit: I stand corrected, it did hit 2023.

https://www.schwab.com/learn/story/taxes-things-to-know-now

big inflation adjustment:
After an inflation adjustment, the 2023 standard deduction increases to $13,850 for single filers and married couples filing separately and to $20,800 for single heads of household, who are generally unmarried with one or more dependents. For married couples filing jointly, the standard deduction rises to $27,700.

2022 was 12,950 19,400 and 25,900. So about 1-2 grand bump with more for 2024.

they make those inflation adjustments every year, the real change will be in 2026 when trump's tax cuts and jobs act expires and the system reverts to the smaller standard deduction + exemptions from before 2018 (this will be better for most people)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

No thanks.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Ghostlight posted:

he is an exceedingly cringe zoomer who inherited his love of self-promotion and seo-seeding personal websites (https://www.boloudon.org/) from his mother gina loudon - radio host turned donald trump 2020 campaign media advisor, mar-a-lago paid member, and previous contestant on wife swap.

I don't think I need to know who this person is, I don't think they're going to be as important as you do

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

This is like an optical illusion. The longer you look at his eyes, the more his "smile" droops into a frown.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Congrats to Donald Trump on winning the Iowa Cock by the way

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!

dr_rat posted:

Just in trump calling desantis running "election interference".

democrat plant

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

vote trackers haven't updated in like 30 minutes cmonnnnnnnnn

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

MrQwerty posted:

I don't think I need to know who this person is, I don't think they're going to be as important as you do
lmao yeah that's what i think

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Donald Trump wins, but in the most humiliating way possible.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

vote trackers haven't updated in like 30 minutes cmonnnnnnnnn

Is it possible some losers are starting to jump ship to Haley or Ron?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 16, 2024

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Man I was really hoping he'd stay under 50

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

withak posted:

Donald Trump wins, but in the most humiliating way possible.

Visibly making GBS threads himself and then having a stroke so he loses motor control and lands face first in his own poo poo?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

How long before we find out what the general turnout tonight was like compared to other years? I'm curious how much the weather affected things.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Many people are saying this caucus was maybe rigggged and/or stollen

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

sharknado slashfic posted:

Man I was really hoping he'd stay under 50

still waiting for 60% of the vote to come in

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

kazil posted:

Oh I forgot these things take so long. Still hope then.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

nine-gear crow posted:

Congrats to Donald Trump on winning the Iowa Cock by the way

This caucus was a weirdly shaped one for sure.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Grey Cat posted:

Like toad from Mario?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

Lmao this is going way too late for Donny's liking

Again, he's WAY weaker than anyone thinks

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Visibly making GBS threads himself and then having a stroke so he loses motor control and lands face first in his own poo poo?

also all the pizza he bought causes his peeps to poo poo.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Grey Cat posted:

Caucus called short; Trump finishes early; participants left unsatisfied.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

NYT

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
why is the NJ guy there when he already dropped out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

gently caress he might win by 29 points instead of 30

New Hampshire is in play now