Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Ohhhh the one where all the government subs absolutely know and they leave it the gently caress alone? I remember that one!

I haven't seen this one. Where's it from?

Kumburgaz UFO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Cumburgers ufo straight outta C-ligma galaxy

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I haven't seen this one. Where's it from?

That one is a classic. UFO in Turkey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufGOXLIG38g

efb

SpaceGoatFarts has issued a correction as of 22:32 on Jan 15, 2024

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Thank y'all!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

they are gonna look like this

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Fried Watermelon posted:

don't worry, they're gonna have a very compelling reason why it's okay and we need to chill

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Riot Bimbo posted:

don't worry, they're gonna have a very compelling reason why it's okay and we need to chill

:hmmyes:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Riot Bimbo posted:

Why wouldn't it be okay? Maybe the image was associated deliberately to engender reflexive distrust.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
in re that reddit post anyone who says “it’s been discussed before so i can discuss it” does not strike me as someone who is seriously worried about running afoul of secrecy regs

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Who doesn't love Hellboy?

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

did the SyFy made for TV version of Childhood's End suck as much as I assume? I assume it's a lot

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Winkle-Daddy posted:

did the SyFy made for TV version of Childhood's End suck as much as I assume? I assume it's a lot

Given the revelations about Arthur C. Clarke, a demon holding the hands of two young children sure is a choice for a promotional image.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Winkle-Daddy posted:

Charles Dance is the main demon, and he's alright.

It's quite dogshit though. Scifi or w/e media has never been anything but painful cringe. The two Dune miniseries are so bad. So is everything else. The fact that Childhood's End is so late in the game gave me hope it would be good; maybe they hired the right people? The game of thrones guy is in it!!! I had a modicum of hope and it was completely dashed. At the time Childhood's End was up there for my favorite scifi book of all time. Lesser to like, the good Dune books and 2001, maybe like a few others in contention. That said, knowing what i know about Clarke now taints all of his work for me though, such that I no longer feel this way.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Why wouldn't it be okay? Maybe the image was associated deliberately to engender reflexive distrust.

I would say that in the theoretical but really unlikely event we end up dealing with this problem for real, that you should remain skeptical of any narrative proferred that handwaves away, lets say millenia of piled up subjective reports that say these guys are bad news.

Like I bet they really go straight for the sense of justice and rightness and claim it for themselves, a cute little "save the world" narrative that gets lapped up by a restless population ready for any kind of way out of their very real impending doom.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Azathoth posted:

Given the revelations about Arthur C. Clarke, a demon holding the hands of two young children sure is a choice for a promotional image.

drat

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I liked the Alice movie sci-fi did many, many years ago. The one with Kathy Bates! Yeah won't vouch for anything else though

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Azathoth posted:

not even in the same league but I lit. lolled when i read that humanity's golden age meant anyone could say the n word

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

mediaphage posted:

in re that reddit post anyone who says “it’s been discussed before so i can discuss it” does not strike me as someone who is seriously worried about running afoul of secrecy regs

I've always found that offputting

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

mediaphage posted:

I've always assumed that kind of stance is more of a personal safety "someone else let the cat out of the bag, so if i talk about it too it can't be immediately traced to me" kinda thing

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I think Grusch has done that

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i think it's really weird to play legal games with an entity that only abides by law as it serves them to do so, and is pretty eager to otherwise dispense with snitches and perceived traitors

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

"it's already out there so you can't get me for broadcasting a loud confirmation of previously obscure information" is an "i'm not touching you" tier defense

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

pancake rabbit posted:

interesting thread over on r-slash-ufos right now that has a notable convergence of:

user B vouching for user A
a mod separately vouching for user A
both users having seemingly credible interactions in the comments

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/s/H27wjM1L70

the juiciest bit for me is where both of them say that the 4chan leaker and the condorman article are legit:

someone needs to check on mantle squid in there tia

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
What's the 4chan leaker?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Riot Bimbo posted:

Scifi or w/e media has never been anything but painful cringe. The two Dune miniseries are so bad. So is everything else.

stargate is good and also real

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Perry Mason Jar posted:

What's the 4chan leaker?

https://www.reddit.com/r/aliens/comments/13gjlo4/4chan_whistleblowers_all_answers_to_this_day

Required reading.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
drat, I didn't realize Arthur was a kiddie diddler:/

I'm still excited for the rendezvous with rama movie that Denis Villeneuve (Arrival, Blade Runner 2049, Sicario) is set to direct

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Winkle-Daddy posted:

drat, I didn't realize Arthur was a kiddie diddler:/

I'm still excited for the rendezvous with rama movie that Denis Villeneuve (Arrival, Blade Runner 2049, Sicario) is set to direct

I've always loved science fiction and space travel but I have long since accepted that many of the people involved in and responsible for those things are really hosed up assholes

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

More people wanting to get a public hand on the ball

https://twitter.com/UAPJames/status/1747003122432524323?s=20

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Thanks!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Riot Bimbo posted:

"it's already out there so you can't get me for broadcasting a loud confirmation of previously obscure information" is an "i'm not touching you" tier defense

Exactly, it's weird and doesn't inspire confidence

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

They really must have been told some insane stuff in the briefing, ooh man

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I'm going to try to turn the dot pink again.
Not right now, but in a bit. I'm too comfy in bed right now.

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

not even in the same league but I lit. lolled when i read that humanity's golden age meant anyone could say the n word

Good gods :ughh:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

can u really blame them for wanting to handle the orb(s)

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One part of the 4chan LARP that is really weird to me, is when they talk about the "freighter" UFOs that "leadership openly stated securing one would result in promotion." I follow the LARP pretty well until this moment, when it pulls me out of the fantasy. How would an individual "secure" one, and what kind of promotion would they receive? UFO Reverse Engineering Sr. II? The LARPer talks about recovering crashes and that their team simply shows up after any bio/bodies are dealt with- so is he implying that they could shoot a freighter down and report back to their manager who will be so happy as to promote them?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

*thinking about the underwater burger factory*

I just want to grill!

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

the 4chan thing is real and I support the alien computer god

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Is it true that many are saying that the aliens want our cum for themselves?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

The Demilich posted:

*thinking about the underwater burger factory*

I just want to grill!

that wont work with human technology because the burgers will get soggy and the pickles will drift away into the inky dark to be forgotten

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Egg Moron posted:

Is it true that many are saying that the aliens want our cum for themselves?

remember that video that jordan peterson posted about the chinese cum extraction factories? that was a slow roll disclosure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

They say zoo keepers aren't friends with the animals and that's just not true :colbert: