Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am sad for the Browns but am happy the way this post season is shaping up now. Hoped KC, Packers, Lions, Bills, Buccs would win and it looks like they all are going to. Stroud vs Lamar gonna be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'm not even mad at the Bucs, honestly. It could've been anyone. 11 cardboard cutouts of Ronald McDonald attached to Roombas would still have panicked Johnson into abandoning the run.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the Eagles are good at getting everyone's hopes up with a supposedly great roster and then sucking. see 2011

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
There's no way Matt Patricia should ever coach in the NFL again after this season, but I'm sure he will.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Looks like Jason Kelces last game.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I do enjoy the concept of a team needing to do a tear-down and rebuild because their center and/or RT retire

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

wandler20 posted:

I really hope not. I said this in the NFCE thread too, nobody deserves to go out like this, but especially not him.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

wandler20 posted:

We can strike him down but he will only be more annoying

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i wasnt expecting to watch the eagles get slowly strangled with a leather strap, to death

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

wandler20 posted:

Ok but thats his decision

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i wasnt expecting to watch the eagles get slowly strangled with a leather strap, to death

It's like in Rising Sun (spoilers for the hit movie rising sun) where you think the hooker gets choked to death, but then she gets choked again actually to death.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

PupsOfWar posted:

I do enjoy the concept of a team needing to do a tear-down and rebuild because their center and/or RT retire

That defense is old as hell too.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1747100853595431326?t=Fh9OQHYD2dNY5rKKLyaGfw&s=19

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

laughing remember all those "genius moves" Roseman did that had everyone so hyped. the defense was really poorly constructed. but at least he prioritized "premium" positions!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Eagles fans were always right about this team.

They always were.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

it's wild that the cowboys yesterday were somehow not the worst defensive performance of the weekend

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

This tweet is nonsense.

There is no back 7 on the Eagles, hasn't been for at least two years. Last year we just covered it up by actually loving blitzing with our extremely talented linemen

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the Ravens spent most of their big free agent dollars on safety and middle linebacker and it only net them the best defense in the league

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Has anyone ever thought that Big Dom was like the rat from Ratatouille whispering in Seriani's ear, once he was gone the Eagles were done. RIP the Eagles, killed because Dre Greenlaw is a late hit machine.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Great weekend of football.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Baker Mayfield vs Jared Goff is gonna be a fun one

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
It has been concerning that we've been drafting nothing but dline which couldn't pressure anything this season because I don't think you can just play rush 4 every play and expect pressure but also lmao still having a nonexistant secondary despite no blitzing.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

epic bacon posted:

this is such a funny matchup in comparison to the other three games

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

It has been concerning that we've been drafting nothing but dline which couldn't pressure anything this season because I don't think you can just play rush 4 every play and expect pressure but also lmao still having a nonexistant secondary despite no blitzing.
it's the most predictable thing in the world, drafting nothing but elite dline doesn't loving matter when your brand new defensive coordinator and then old, rapey defensive coordinator would prefer to hang them back and instead rest the entire game on the shoulders of an extremely old, extremely bad secondary.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lol

https://twitter.com/CPowers14/status/1747105641678680391?t=X1fNoUXzbaAMnuPGIX9Yfw&s=19

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

blitzing is best done judiciously, I don't think doing it a ton is going to fix this defense

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

AndrewP posted:

blitzing is best done judiciously, I don't think doing it a ton is going to fix this defense

somewhere brian flores is suddenly angry and doesn't know why

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

It says quite a bit about the state of the NFL that these guys are barely 30 and we're calling them old/washed

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I think the Eagles missed Gannon more than any Eagle fan would want to admit.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

epic bacon posted:

Rams Legend Baker Mayfield vs. Rams Legend Jared Goff

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

you know who the Eagles could probably use? Kyle Hamilton. but only an idiot would draft a safety in the first round

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lol the 2 NFC East teams gave up a combined 80 points in 2 games.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kirios posted:

I think the Eagles missed Gannon more than any Eagle fan would want to admit.

Yeah, that was the departure every Eagles fan seemed happy about last season, but in retrospect that might have been what really did it

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm pretty mad we haven't ever come close to replacing Dawkins, ngl

(He is another eagles hall of eternal love in my heart player)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

https://twitter.com/Jordan_Reid/status/1747072042531160078

Everyone who spent a few years going "Why doesn't everyone learn from the Eagles' example and use all of their top picks to stock up on both lines?" might have just gotten their answer

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Baker rules and the Browns would be in a better position for success if they kept him and paid him $Dak for 4-5 years.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
One of these quarterbacks will be playing in the Super Bowl:

Baker Mayfield
Brock Purdy
Jared Goff
Jordan Love

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Baker has always had good vibes. This is a critical statistic in evaluating qb's imo.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Great weekend of football.

I was thoroughly entertained. It looks like a very challenging, but winnable, route to the Super Bowl for the Niners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013
my college fencing team captain was technically on the same football team as baker in high school. i just think that's neat