Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Escape From Noise posted:

Time for everyone to fall in line behind our favorite president???

....Did I just get LOOMERED by reading that????

Concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Tumble posted:

Well, I don’t think Trump has gained many voters since his previous loss, and I think Democrats are nearly as galvanized as they were in the 2020 election because they still remember how awful and hosed up Trump’s term was.

I’d say Dems are more galvanized because of the abortion bans and other social poo poo.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

You honor I didn't defame the lying and dishonest E Jean Carrol, Who I have never met. When those truths were posted I was in this very courtroom. THE ULTIMATE ALIBI

Having his Truth account be in a quantum superposition between being his official commandments and just some meaningless rando who's actions he can't possibly be accountable would be the most boringly predictable thing.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tumble posted:

Well, I don’t think Trump has gained many voters since his previous loss, and I think Democrats are nearly as galvanized as they were in the 2020 election because they still remember how awful and hosed up Trump’s term was.

I wouldn't take Biden's voters for granted - I've talked a few people irl who voted Biden in 2020 who are planning to vote third party or stay home in 2024.

And it'll only take a small number of those kind of folks for Trump to win - Biden's 2020 margin of victory in the three closest swing states was only around 40,000 votes total.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

poisonpill posted:

this feels like Cope. I'm bumping Trump's chances from my previous 25% estimate to a solid 40% based on the crazy strength of his numbers last night. Half of all republicans braved the cold and snow for Turmp and they all believe the election was stolen

Whoa, that sounds pretty serious, half of all the republicans in the state showed up?

Okay, 56,000 is a lot of people, but is Iowa that empty?

Oh. 897,672 voted in the general election last time, meaning only 841,412 to go. Only 1/16th of the state’s republican voters showed last night. Sounds like doomerism.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

DaveWoo posted:

I wouldn't take Biden's voters for granted - I've talked a few people irl who voted Biden in 2020 who are planning to vote third party or stay home in 2024.

And it'll only take a small number of those kind of folks for Trump to win - Biden's 2020 margin of victory in the three closest swing states was only around 40,000 votes total.

Yeah idk, Biden has done a lot for people, this isn't 2015.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Also he succeeded Rick Scott, who got elected even after having been caught stealing hundreds of millions of dollars from sick old people. Florida voters are just plain terrible.

Yeah this state just sucks from top to bottom. I honestly don't know how it went for Obama twice, I moved here from GA thinking it might be better, boy was I wrong.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

That's assuming that new TRump voters have materialized to replace the ones that aged out/died of Covid.

And that he doesn't get convicted.

And that voters, aroused by Trump's statements of intent to be a dictator, stay home.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Iowa claims another campaign

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Goodnight "Aida"

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Voters are aroused by trump?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Waffle House posted:

not everyone in the country feels that way

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Concerning that people are trying to hold the crimes president accountable for crimes he totally didn't commit! (TOTAL IMMUNITY!)

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Outpost22 posted:

Voters are aroused by trump?

I hear he's got a 9 inch caucus.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

mystes posted:

A lot of people have no idea that he's done anything other than being president when inflation went sky high

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

mystes posted:

I'm sure they don't, there's still plenty of complete psychos out there and weird Trumpers with gas station stickers, but it's worth not discounting that fact. We got a laundry list of progressive things done under Biden, including national high speed rail funding, and a bunch of Trump Defense poo poo like "Can't take us out of NATO".

Concerning that people are trying to hold the crimes president accountable for crimes he totally didn't commit! (TOTAL IMMUNITY!)

Dersh is posting like he's increasingly owned, which brings me joy.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Waffle House posted:

I'm sure they don't, there's still plenty of complete psychos out there and weird Trumpers with gas station stickers, but it's worth not discounting that fact. We got a laundry list of progressive things done under Biden, including national high speed rail funding, and a bunch of Trump Defense poo poo like "Can't take us out of NATO".
If you ask anyone in cspam they will deny that biden has ever done a single positive thing. The question is just how many real people actually think like that.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Grey Cat posted:

Those poor Iowans. :ohdear:

they know what they did

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

mystes posted:

If you ask anyone in cspam they will deny that biden has ever done a single positive thing. The question is just how many real people actually think like that.

cspam isn’t actual people

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Boy if Trump loses that’ll be TWO rigged elections he’s suffered from.

Somebody oughta do something!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

mystes posted:

If you ask anyone in cspam

On second thought let's not go to CSPAM, it's a silly place.

<CSPAMalot.mp3>

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

poisonpill posted:

this feels like Cope. I'm bumping Trump's chances from my previous 25% estimate to a solid 40% based on the crazy strength of his numbers last night. Half of all republicans braved the cold and snow for Turmp and they all believe the election was stolen (i.e. they can't be swayed and will go out in November no matter what). The rest are Republicans, a large percentage of which will fall in line. I'd be really concerned if I were on Biden's election team but they're all latte lib Ivy leaguers who don't understand anything so they aren't

Many people are saying this

"The crazy strength of his numbers"

:hmbol:

Motherfucker is the Emperor Napoleon of his party and he got barely a majority in loving Iowa

I swear the only people more detached from reality than Trump are the Doomers who always think he's unstoppable

"but they're all latte lib Ivy leaguers who don't understand anything so they aren't"

You get lost on the way to /R/ Conservative friend?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 16, 2024

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Waffle House posted:

I also think a lot of these folks will fall in line when it’s trump or somehow desantis against Biden.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

This. The terminal online left is some hidden majority in this country. Polls show a ton of indies and moderates don’t think trump will be the nom. Also a lot of online lefties by hard into the accelerationist “after hitler, us” poo poo or think people support the Houthis.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
We're done with the CSPAM chat :thanks:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

It's weird that this thread just denies the fact that Biden isn't really all that popular.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

TulliusCicero posted:

The crazy strength of his numbers

:hmbol:

Motherfucker is the Enperor Napoleon of his party and he got barely a majority in loving Iowa

I swear the only people more detached from reality than Trump are the Doomers who always think he's unstoppable

You'll have to forgive Doomers one day. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but just remember, once you LET something become your reality it tends to stay that way for a while because your brain simply is capable of building something as indisputable truth THAT YOU WILL DEFEND TO DEATH. Grand delusions and holdout rabbitholes are surprisingly common in people.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 16, 2024

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Voting would require them to get away from their computers and leave the house.

E: posted while Seth was posting

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I want to find out if this is true because I live in that area and I'm not seeing it. They're just proposing maps now.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Everyone ITT needs to take a deep breath, relax, and chill out wrapped in the opulent luxury of a Mike Lindell towel (probably made from repurposed shop rags stitched together with used dental floss)

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I was going to post my prediction about this yesterday but figured it was too obvious. This morning, of course...

Trump is claiming that his 51% victory is "the biggest win in history"

Hyperbole Man!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
How the gently caress can Mike Lindell get any products out whatsoever

He absolutely has to be just leasing his brand to a dropshipper

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

kazil posted:

It's weird that this thread just denies the fact that Biden isn't really all that popular.

He’s like a ham sandwich. Sure if you’ve got a bunch of better options you’ll choose them, but if you need to make sure Trump doesn’t get elected again you’ll open the fridge and make a ham sandwich and it’ll be fine.

Also I’m not great at making metaphors.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

rotinaj posted:

Everything is always on sale forever.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

rotinaj posted:

Probably just was dropshipping tbh

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

TulliusCicero posted:

There is an unfortunate amount of overlap in the belief systems of the two groups.

The poll about Biden having riggged and stolllen the election is a continuation of a trend that has been going on for a long time - fueled in-part, imo, by repeated polling on the question. Putting "do you think Biden won the election" right alongside meaningful and reality-based questions on policy is doing MAGA a huge favor in elevating the question to a seemingly legitimate difference of opinion.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lamech posted:

you really don't see any Biden gas station pizza parties, makes u think

What the hell do I do with all these 7/11 points, I could probably buy ten of these stupid pizzas but they're so gross

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Everything is always on sale forever.

Yeah but didn’t he sell off all his factory space and everything except his intellectual property by this point? There is no way he can be paying people to put products in boxes and send them to customers, he is too broke for that

Gotta be a dropshipper

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Honestly though gently caress joe biden. The way he handled Palestine / Isreal definitely cost him my vote and a number of other straight ticket democrats in my circle. You can ignore it or call out CSPAM all you want but the hemorrhaging is real.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Waffle House posted:

Probably just was dropshipping tbh

I'm sure Mike himself slaved over a sewing machine and shoe press so he could swaddle you from head to toe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

poisonpill posted:

Half of all republicans braved the cold and snow for Turmp and they all believe the election was stolen

Are they, like, idiots or something?