Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Cerepol posted:

Bank tabs are the organizing things at the top, they are not bank slots, slots are shared among all bank tabs

Yeah, your bank doesn't care if you have everything in one tab or twenty, it all uses the same pool of slots.

I'm sorry about your 100 million gold, that hurts :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

First FAPI ascension out of the way, feels good but also the one upgrade point doesn't seem like a lot to help get through this one faster. Guess it's nice not losing crops and pets though. I picked the first Potato Take Away upgrade because that sounded the most helpful.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

explosivo posted:

First FAPI ascension out of the way, feels good but also the one upgrade point doesn't seem like a lot to help get through this one faster. Guess it's nice not losing crops and pets though. I picked the first Potato Take Away upgrade because that sounded the most helpful.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

I'm not sure I value the second item rarity perk(HS2) that high. 3 ascension points is a lot, and I've not been having any issues finding the highest tier gear I can farm so far.
Not to mention that the farming update added another Head Scratcher perk to the Expedition shop.

Edit: I'm happy to see others agreeing with me that Semi-immortal worms is a worthless upgrade though

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jan 16, 2024

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh hell yeah, thank you.

Edit: ^^^ noted the above though

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Broken Cog posted:

I'm not sure I value the second item rarity perk(HS2) that high. 3 ascension points is a lot, and I've not been having any issues finding the highest tier gear I can farm so far.
Not to mention that the farming update added another Head Scratcher perk to the Expedition shop.

explosivo posted:

Edit: ^^^ noted the above though

Whereas I'd take 3 more HeadScratchers if they were available. Farming T22 gear, I still have three levels of other gear that just lengthens gear farming sessions and clogs the inventory, and I'm assuming that goes up to four levels of garbage gear when I get to 8-4 and T23 gear. It's mostly QOL, for sure, but so are the other perks you are delaying in order to pick it up. And the boost it gives to Materials farming is non-negligible.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Cerepol posted:

Bank tabs are the organizing things at the top, they are not bank slots, slots are shared among all bank tabs

Balls

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Long term more bank tabs are nice, but they do give you like 12 to start.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

are there any idle games whose theme is cars? Or trains, boats, planes. Any transport theme really or similar type of stuff.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Pocket Trains?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Pocket Trains?

This was the exact game that came to mind but I couldn't remember the name of it. Pocket Planes was also pretty fun (but pretty much the exact same game except with Planes)

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Nimblebit, the devs of Pocket Panes and Pocket Planes, just released Pocket Trucks, which is a little closer to cars I suppose.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I will be done with tasks in USI tonight after work and I gotta say, I really dig the game. I've done close to none discord driving and there are a lot of levers to pull the whole way through the game that make your choices feel relevant. I know it was big in the thread for a while but I came to it pretty late and it's a good few months of content

melvor absolutely has it's hooks in me now, it has way too long of a "the gently caress am I doing" period to start but the inclusion of links to a week curated wiki on every feature really helps

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Nimblebit, the devs of Pocket Panes and Pocket Planes, just released Pocket Trucks, which is a little closer to cars I suppose.

Are they finally making things again? I remember looking after they started doing branded remakes of Tiny Tower and it felt like they went all in on branded games as nothing else I kind of wrote them off. They are a goonrun company I believe. I at least remember one of the devs of uggh I want to say pocket frogs posting in the thread.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ah man I have to redo the challenges again after ascending? :gonk:

Edit: Oh I see, 1 new challenge kept per ascension. not so bad.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jan 17, 2024

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Ham Equity posted:

Starting a gathering event in Ironwood RPG now.

Oh this is where we’re chatting Ironwood. Really scratching an itch for me. Also I’ve been chasing you on the guild high scores for a hot minute now, Thanatos

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Omnikin posted:

Oh this is where we’re chatting Ironwood. Really scratching an itch for me. Also I’ve been chasing you on the guild high scores for a hot minute now, Thanatos

All you need to do is put more goods into the Guild Workshop and you'll be all caught up, hint hint. :colbert:

There are at least a dozen or so of us actively playing it, I post on here to remind people to login to events, mostly; I feel like they're easy to miss if you aren't checking the guild interface regularly.

It's a nice, chill game, not a ton to it. I'm also playing WAMI at the moment, and added the Gnorp Apogee to the rotation for awhile until I beat it, well worth the buy.

EDIT: Just noticed you're waaaaayyy ahead of me on gold contributions, you're talking about XP. Well, just get on my level. Or just beat me that much harder on gold contributions, by contributing to the Guild Workshop. :P

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 17, 2024

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Gooboo: I'm coming up on the first opportunity to prestige in mining/village/horde, when should I actually do it?

In most games I'd say prestiging literally as soon as possible is optimal but it seems here that might not be the case given how the prestige currencies unlock?

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
There's nothing that gives bonuses based on number of prestiges, and prestige currencies have lower (more favorable) diminishing returns than the normal currencies when at cap, so the answer is some combo of "when grabbing more upgrades would be more efficient than staying in this run" and "when you feel like starting back up from scratch and babysitting it for a while wouldn't be too much of a hassle."

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
shift+windows key+s
i am S22 in memorizing numbers shape colors. How high does it go?

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009

Big Mackson posted:

shift+windows key+s
i am S22 in memorizing numbers shape colors. How high does it go?

S+68

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

so it turns into a typing exam lol.

200 wpm and after that you need to implement some sort of OCR and macro setup.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Starting a Combat Event in Ironwood RPG now.

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

Just requested to join the guild.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

In FAPI is it almost always better to use higher tier gear even if the base item rating is worse? It's not exactly clear to me what the stat comparison window is showing me with the compare enhanced/compare base toggle and I'm thinking I should be paying more attention to that instead of just equipping whatever has a green number on it in the inventory.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

explosivo posted:

In FAPI is it almost always better to use higher tier gear even if the base item rating is worse? It's not exactly clear to me what the stat comparison window is showing me with the compare enhanced/compare base toggle and I'm thinking I should be paying more attention to that instead of just equipping whatever has a green number on it in the inventory.
Higher tier gear has more mods. Higher rated gear has bigger numbers. Its up to you to choose which is better, but sometimes you might want to store a set of reincarnation gear or residue gear to swap to. This becomes less important later.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Generally speaking just equip whatever has a higher green number for reincarnation exp and the rest will sort itself out.

Make sure you do get at least one of each bonus somewhere on your gear though, because gear bonuses get really really high.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Godsbane Idle got an update for the first time in nearly 2 years, so I had to check it out. This is your latest reminder to never play Godsbane Idle. Every piece of this game is still a nightmare of nonsense proper nouns and inscrutable mechanics.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Ham Equity posted:

Starting a Combat Event in Ironwood RPG now.

We’re swapping to the armory before worship is done?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
FAPI: Which things reset on Ascension?

• Gear
• Whack upgrades
• Plants
• Larvae/Silk
• Infinite Challenges
• Cows/Milk/Calcium/Residue
• Pets

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Plants, pets, whack upgrades, and the first page of residue upgrades stayed for me, everything else gets reset.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
So, I should dump all residue on Page 1 before resetting?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Toshimo posted:

Yeah, smoke em if you got em.

Edit: drat I just saw this tooltip and I never attempted to put percentages in there before, that'll be handy.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 21, 2024

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Omnikin posted:

We’re swapping to the armory before worship is done?

No, I'm just a bad guild leader.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Toshimo posted:

yes but starting at a10 all previous page 2 upgrades stick so spend a9 pumping those

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Ham Equity posted:

No, I'm just a bad guild leader.

counterpoint: you and crell have done great, I just was wondering if I missed some big mahog log drop off or something

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Gathering event is on in Ironwood.

Grogquock
May 2, 2009

Good Citizen posted:

In Melvor, I spent a bunch of coin on another bank tab but I don't seem to have another bank tab? Whats the deal I feel like I did something dumb

I did this exact same thing. I'm sure you've recovered the money in your case by now, but one thing to consider is that if you play cross platform you MIGHT have a local save on one of your other devices to save yourself from an accident. Since it was my first 100M, and long grind to get back, I decided to lose a few hours to use that option.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
I beat ironwood I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Grats! That's a lot of number