Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Tokubetsu posted:

If you're doing t90 NMD you can probably beat Duriel, easily. None of the optional bosses are hard they're just a pain to get to because you have to farm mats. Uber lilith is the only hard one because if you can't just dps burst her, a lot of her attacks will one hit kill you and the screen can be hard to read.

I don't think my t89 run gave me confidence that I could beat an aggressive boss or do so consistently. Failed once and had an incredibly long battle that was frankly more stress than I want while playing Diablo :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
i soloed duriel w/o issues and the highest nmd i've ever run is low 50s with i think it was a twisting blade rogue

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
My wife and I started DIV on Christmas and just finished Act III, late 30s level. Is there anything we should be sure to do before the end of the season, or is it too late for that now?

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

~Coxy posted:

My wife and I started DIV on Christmas and just finished Act III, late 30s level. Is there anything we should be sure to do before the end of the season, or is it too late for that now?

If you're still in the campaign, you aren't seeing / doing any of the seasonal stuff yet. It's all post-campaign. Season 3 starts on the 23rd so you can wait and finish the story right around then and hit the new seasonal stuff with everyone else.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

~Coxy posted:

Just keep going on the campaign at your own pace. You're getting closer to the end and probably the best cinematic blizzard has done since baal exploded a barbarian.

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
and Tonic

~Coxy posted:

They probably want to unlock mounts, right?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

So I assume we're supposed to get patch notes today?

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

MrMidnight posted:

So I assume we're supposed to get patch notes today?

Yes.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/24053482/unearth-a-looming-threat-in-season-of-the-construct

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVWHr5Yq4OA

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Quality-of-Life Updates in Season of the Construct posted:

Helltides Endure

Starting in Season of the Construct, Helltides are always active, save for a 5-minute rest once per hour. Battle Hellspawn far more frequently, increasing your chances to collect Cinders and the bountiful rewards that come with them.

Enhanced Movement with W-A-S-D

Wanderers on PC can now navigate through the various wastes of Sanctuary by using the W-A-S-D keys on your keyboard, instead of your mouse. Enjoy the increased functionality of traversing through dungeons and above ground alike.

Extra Stash Tab

An extra Stash Tab is now available for your adventuring needs. Proceed to the Stash in any capital city to purchase an additional stash tab.

Various other Quality-of-Life Updates

We have also made improvements to reallocating your skill tree, improvements to UI when trading Gold, increased rates to earn the items needed to summon the Beast in the Ice, and more!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Looks like we get to have a little robot spider buddy this season

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm here for animated guardian season

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

if the pet is powerful and cool then the season might be fun

that's my opinion please don't disagree with me

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Would be nice to get a couple of new world tiers. Maybe next season.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i do not believe that is your opinion

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Would be nice to get a couple of new world tiers. Maybe next season.

i wonder if they'll do new tiers or just put end game content in WT4 that is harder than other stuff like uber/AoZ were added. i don't really care if a random imp is scaled to lvl 154 personally

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Ehh, didn't like companions in D2, didn't like them in D3. Hopefully its a better iteration with some innovation to it.

Glad they managed to squeeze another stash tab out of the game code though.

Hope there is a pinnacle boss attatched to the Vault. I honestly quite liked the boss fights in S2, provided you weren't overleveled.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zoltun Kulle tech? HES BACK BAYBEEE

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can't keep a mad wizard down

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hopefully we can be bffs with him instead of fighting him.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Zoltun Kulle (or as I like to call him, Zoltun COOL 😂😂😂) did nothing wrong.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Blizzard pulling out their ace in hole to bring folks back in

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Meh, pass.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Hit Man posted:

Meh, pass.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I expected that they'd have nothing this season but man

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

leftist heap posted:

I expected that they'd have nothing this season but man

Dude...an EXTRA TAB!

I just lol at that now that I've gotten into PoE

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Ehud posted:

if the pet is powerful and cool then the season might be fun

that's my opinion please don't disagree with me

color me cautiously optimistic, although those qol updates are pretty dire. new stash tab and wasd... wow!

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

If you guys want a good fix without a long grind that leads to nothing. D3 season 30 is good

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hit Man posted:

If you guys want a good fix without a long grind that leads to nothing. D3 season 30 is good

all human endeavors are a long grind that lead to nothing

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
[Bravely] I will play season 3 and probably enjoy it for 2 or 3 weeks. Maybe even a month!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I’m glad we’re getting into D2/3 feature parity with a companion.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Ehud posted:

all human endeavors are a long grind that lead to nothing

Inarius is that you?!

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
But really, there's going to be something super broken and hilarious with the spider bot's ability to tweak skills. I look forward to experimenting and finding out copying whatever the maxroll people do when they figure it out.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

They're making all the borrowed power for this season reliant on the minion AI which, for anyone who hasn't played a necromancer, is absolute poo poo

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Tarnop posted:

They're making all the borrowed power for this season reliant on the minion AI which, for anyone who hasn't played a necromancer, is absolute poo poo

If you look at the actual mechanics, most of the major benefits are passives. It's just a slightly reworked version of vampire powers that includes a pet.

No info on the actual damage from the pet, so it could possibly be significant or just literally vampire powers with a non-combat pet.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Will we be able to customize the look of our pet? That's key.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Mustached Demon posted:

Will we be able to customize the look of our pet? That's key.

That would be good, but as I look at my pet in D3 Season 30 hoovering up every bit of blue and yellow gear, and money, and DBs, all I really want is a pet that auto-salvages junk.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I don’t see them letting you control the pet in a meaningful way - could be wrong - so I assume it’s basically just an animated ability dispenser on a cooldown.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Do any of the minion powers seem gamebreaking thus far? So far ive played sorc, rogue, and druid, hoping either barb or necro is the new fun/OP class this season

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

If you look at the actual mechanics, most of the major benefits are passives. It's just a slightly reworked version of vampire powers that includes a pet.

No info on the actual damage from the pet, so it could possibly be significant or just literally vampire powers with a non-combat pet.

These are the abilities. None of them are passive. The passive stuff is all modifiers to the abilities:

Autodefense: The Seneschal Construct activates an antimaterial field around itself shooting down enemy projectiles. Can not shoot down Boss or Player projectiles.
Bushwhack: Quickly ambush dealing damage to each target. May strike the same target multiple times.
Firefly: Deploy a small construct that lands on the target and explodes 3 times, dealing damage.
Focus Fire: The Seneschal Construct channels a ray of fire onto targets dealing damage to each over time.
Gyrate: The Seneschal Construct whirls its legs around quickly dealing damage to all surrounding enemies.
Impale: Perform a line attack to all enemies in front of the Seneschal Construct dealing damage.
Lightning Bolt: Launch a bolt of Lightning at the target dealing damage. Arcs to other targets dealing a portion of the original damage.
Protect: The Seneschal Construct materializes a protective Barrier on the player for a portion of their Maximum Life.
Reconstruct: The Seneschal Construct channels a reconstruction beam Healing the player for a portion of their Maximum Life over time.
Slash: Pummel enemies in front of the Seneschal Construct dealing damage.
Tempest: Electrically charge an enemy causing it to deal damage to themselves and additional each second over time. If the enemy is killed, Tempest spreads to another enemy gaining for additional time and bonus damage. These bonuses are also applied if Tempest is reapplied onto the same enemy.

None of those are going to do anything if the robot is just stood staring blankly at a wall like the necro's golem does half the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

McCoy Pauley posted:

That would be good, but as I look at my pet in D3 Season 30 hoovering up every bit of blue and yellow gear, and money, and DBs, all I really want is a pet that auto-salvages junk.

S30 is way good go play it everyone.