Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Garak blow up the drat shop!

You broke your little pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

dr_rat posted:

Wait what? I mean I guess if anyone was going to do that it would be Corman.

with visual effects by a young jimmy camera!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t7z_44nGio

I can't tell if this is one of those "terrible movies that people love because it's terrible" or if I might actually like it cause the hot dog bit got a guffaw out of me.

Edit: Lol the whole rear end movie is on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnvhVZOHDX8

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Compare and contrast the openings of Battle Beyond The Stars and Rebel Moon. :haw:

Oh crap, I summoned the angry Snyderists who are going to insist they're nothing alike because Snyder's big gray rumbling evil spaceship flies from left to right and not right to left!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Small Strange Bird posted:

Compare and contrast the openings of Battle Beyond The Stars and Rebel Moon. :haw:

Oh crap, I summoned the angry Snyderists who are going to insist they're nothing alike because Snyder's big gray rumbling evil spaceship flies from left to right and not right to left!

CineD is currently howling in rage.... just, like, in general. I'm sure they'll get around to being mad at your Snyder blasphemy in due time too.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Garak blow up the drat shop!

Garak: “Okay.”

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

There’s this one show I remember but don’t remember anything about. It was probably more of a children’s show but I’m not sure about that. I only remember the premise being a group of 3?astronauts somehow get lost far from earth but stumble across a space station with a friendly voiced computer that can indefinitely refuel their spaceship so they get to go on adventures every week as they try to get back home.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
speaking of Lexx, I saw this in a roundup of things at CES

and it reminded me of the only thing i recognise from Lexx beside the dragonfly spaceship

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

hey, don't sell lexx short. it's confusing regardless of how old you are.

Lexx is the pinnacle of "how the hell did this get made and how the utter hell did it get multiple seasons?"

God I love that trashfire of a show.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Kibayasu posted:

There’s this one show I remember but don’t remember anything about. It was probably more of a children’s show but I’m not sure about that. I only remember the premise being a group of 3?astronauts somehow get lost far from earth but stumble across a space station with a friendly voiced computer that can indefinitely refuel their spaceship so they get to go on adventures every week as they try to get back home.

That sounds like either Space Cases or Hypernauts to me.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

I'm slowly making my start with Enterprise. So far it's not a bad show just bleh. Watched episode 4 where they go to a planet without doing any investigation against T'Pol's recommendation then accidently ingest psychoactive pollen while on an overnight stay. They get paranoid and Trip almost blasts T'Pol. The premise is OK, but the execution was a yawn.

I don't know how the budget compared to Voyager or DS9 but so far Enterprise looks cheap. The effects should be better given when it was produced but the shuttle scenes are hokey as hell. And the tents they pitched on the planet were straight out of walmart, nothing futuristic or space looking whatsoever. Seemed real low effort.

All this talk about B5, Farscape, and SG makes me think I should shift to one of those shows but I couldn't find a way to watch B5 despite having a few subs. Speaking of that, you have to get Paramount + premium subscription to avoid commercials throughout the episode. Even with that you get a 30 second ad before beginning at $12/month. :thumbsup:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Enterprise seems better than Picard/STD but damning with faint praise and all that

Anyone watched BSG again recently? I've toyed with the idea of pretending the last season or two don't exist and rewatching it

Ohhhh noooo an unfinished masterpiece cut down before its time how tragic!!!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
There's just something about religion in a Sci Fi show that bugs me. Not just the beliefs of the surviving humans, but that the head characters are literal loving angels.

Every other genre can put religious bullshit in their shows, leave sci fi alone, dammit :cloud:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I'm watching B5 for the first time and there's an episode about the religions of the races. They all have one each and demonstrate their customs.
The episode ends with the aliens shaking hands with the 'representatives' of earth's religions and it's like 50 people in a line.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

Apollodorus posted:

That sounds like either Space Cases or Hypernauts to me.

It is indeed Hypernauts. I also went on a simmilar "what was the name of that show that was on YTV for like a month back in the 90s that had a sick rear end premise well above its weight class, etc." google safari over it myself last year.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Big rear end On Fire posted:

I'm slowly making my start with Enterprise. So far it's not a bad show just bleh. Watched episode 4 where they go to a planet without doing any investigation against T'Pol's recommendation then accidently ingest psychoactive pollen while on an overnight stay. They get paranoid and Trip almost blasts T'Pol. The premise is OK, but the execution was a yawn.

I don't know how the budget compared to Voyager or DS9 but so far Enterprise looks cheap. The effects should be better given when it was produced but the shuttle scenes are hokey as hell. And the tents they pitched on the planet were straight out of walmart, nothing futuristic or space looking whatsoever. Seemed real low effort.

All this talk about B5, Farscape, and SG makes me think I should shift to one of those shows but I couldn't find a way to watch B5 despite having a few subs. Speaking of that, you have to get Paramount + premium subscription to avoid commercials throughout the episode. Even with that you get a 30 second ad before beginning at $12/month. :thumbsup:

B5 is free on TUBI.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Mega Comrade posted:

I'm watching B5 for the first time and there's an episode about the religions of the races. They all have one each and demonstrate their customs.
The episode ends with the aliens shaking hands with the 'representatives' of earth's religions and it's like 50 people in a line.

they knock that poo poo off pretty quick lol

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mega Comrade posted:

The aliens are talking amongst themselves, like "I didn't realize we could get this granular with our sects. We've got thousands of denominations if you want to get that loving picky."

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Megillah Gorilla posted:

There's just something about religion in a Sci Fi show that bugs me. Not just the beliefs of the surviving humans, but that the head characters are literal loving angels.

Every other genre can put religious bullshit in their shows, leave sci fi alone, dammit :cloud:

DS9 must suck for you.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It makes total sense that the Bajorians would be very religious spiritual people with regard to the occupation of Bajor their religion was probably one of the few areas that was not encroached on by the Cardassians. However its also been demonstrated that Bajor used to be a caste system before the Cardassians so their religion changed.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hollismason posted:

It makes total sense that the Bajorians would be very religious spiritual people with regard to the occupation of Bajor their religion was probably one of the few areas that was not encroached on by the Cardassians. However its also been demonstrated that Bajor used to be a caste system before the Cardassians so their religion changed.

The Cardassians did encroach on the religion, but also stayed somewhat hands off. Winn had dealings with Cardassian occupiers, as did others.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Remember that one line Worf has about the klingons killing their gods because they were more trouble than they were worth? That's the entire plot of SG-1

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dabir posted:

Remember that one line Worf has about the klingons killing their gods because they were more trouble than they were worth? That's the entire plot of SG-1

Dead False Gods.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the cardassians snatched some of the orbs and were looking for the rest. they didn't give a poo poo about the religion, but the orbs were clearly good stuff and that was enough reason to go after the temples.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

killer crane posted:

DS9 must suck for you.

Powerful aliens mistaken for gods by a simple people is Trek 101.

"This person is literally an angel sent by god" is very different.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

From the pilot of DS9 one might think a big part of the series would be the quest for the missing orbs.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
STAR TREK: Quest for the Missing Orbs

Has a nice sound to it.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Stargate Atlantis isn't too bad imo. Very much enjoyed watching that. Nothing groundbreaking, but it has a reasonable batting average.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
colm meany made for a great villain.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Monkey Fracas posted:

Enterprise seems better than Picard/STD but damning with faint praise and all that

Anyone watched BSG again recently? I've toyed with the idea of pretending the last season or two don't exist and rewatching it

Jump off at the end of Exodus Part 3 imo. It's a good clean stopping point.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Monkey Fracas posted:

Definitely a low bar but better than Disco. Picard, I dunno, as a whole it was a failure and a mess. But many of the bits with TNG characters were fun to me. It was nice to see that group together after so many years even if it was nostalgia cash-in.

I'm hoping Enterprise gets better as S1 goes on but I've also read here that S3 is dire.

sweet geek swag posted:

B5 is free on TUBI.
:cheers:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Jump off at the end of Exodus Part 3 imo. It's a good clean stopping point.

My SO always says the show went to hell after the Battlestar Iraqtica arc was done so this sounds like a good idea

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm pretty sure B5 being added to Tubi is part of the deal that Tubi made with HBOMax for its series since Warner Bros is hemorrhaging money.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Flipperwaldt posted:

Stargate Atlantis isn't too bad imo. Very much enjoyed watching that. Nothing groundbreaking, but it has a reasonable batting average.

I love so much that Stargate, both shows, managed to have a “made up as they went along” bullshit science like Star Trek, but also actually remembered their made up bullshit science and stuck to it!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
ChickenHeart's DS9 watch-thru update: Man like over half the new species visiting from beyond the wormhole are huge jerks that like to trap people in alien constructs or make the crew's greatest fears come to life just for kicks

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

ChickenHeart posted:

ChickenHeart's DS9 watch-thru update: Man like over half the new species visiting from beyond the wormhole are huge jerks that like to trap people in alien constructs or make the crew's greatest fears come to life just for kicks

Look, in the Gamma quadrant you have to make your own fun

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ChickenHeart posted:

Thank the Prophets the Alpha quadrant has the Ferengi to represent our commercial interests in that drat Gamma quadrant.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Gutcruncher posted:

Look, in the Gamma quadrant you have to make your own fun

Overloading critical power systems and forcing mass evacuations is the highest form of entertainment possible for evolved lifeforms

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Man I love Wallace Shawn as the Nagus

Might be because I love Shawn in general though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

nine-gear crow posted:

CineD is currently howling in rage.... just, like, in general. I'm sure they'll get around to being mad at your Snyder blasphemy in due time too.

CineD is like a parody of a forum. I went to see what the Snyder thread would have to say about the Auralnauts video. Turns out it failed to make fun of Snyder because it's legitimately way better than the original Star Wars. Take that haters!