Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

C&C Generals :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Oxxidation posted:

risk of rain 2, where your health changes from a gauge to a checkbox

Truly an excellent game. Sometimes you die, sometimes you become instant level-wide-death incarnate

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I gave the army all my save games and they sent back a form marked 4F and I'm now excused from all military service forever "for the good of the Nation".
Ben Folds Five lyrics

here is something cool and free for Quake Remastered owners

https://twitter.com/Quake/status/1747288910097486136

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Begemot posted:

It's all good, they only ever applied it to one game, and then removed it within hours (I think it was REmake?)

Cool, thank you.

I'm at that exact point of my life where I'm disconnected enough from gaming drama to not really understand what's going, but am also "uh oh, it's the 90's and Grandad's on AOL" about the prospect of accidentally installing a bunch of Russian spyware.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

in theory, if you have over 90% health, then you have one-shot protection(OSP) and cant get killed in one hit. You can see a diagonal series of lines on the start of your health bar if you have the OSP active. In practice, it gets a bit iffy

for starters, some items, like the personal shield generator, can end up hurting your OSP since it factors the shield into the 90% health. since there's no way to heal shield outside of letting it regen normally, it can take a long time to regain OSP if you lost it through normal damage, even if you have a ton of healing. i usually recycle all shield items for this reason, but there are some builds that benefit so much from shields that it works out

other items, like the shaped glass, will outright remove the OSP mechanic. Anything that cuts your max health will cause this

finally, enemies can be real dicks about the mechanics, like whisps or fire elites. They hit hard enough at later levels to get you down to one health and they also light you on fire so that the single tick of burn damage will kill you

the only way to be truly safe is to just not get hit, which is tough at the start, becomes much easier as you loop once or twice, and becomes impossible in later loops as theres too many enemies. Eventually you will get killed, but you can circumvent this for many loops if you are skilled enough. never stand still, always sprint, and jump/use mobility skills everywhere at all times. this is part of the reason why huntress is considered the best character for high eclipse, since she can fire while sprinting and has several movement abilities

Oxxidation posted:

risk of rain 2, where your health changes from a gauge to a checkbox
Yeah, it's always been my biggest problem, where enemies pretty much either tickle or destroy.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

victrix posted:

I'm guessing no, but let's see how this goes on steamed duck

Horizon's Gate got patched to work on the Deck, so good odds, I think?

Played the Kingsvein's intro and first area and this legit slaps. I am going to write more when I have more time and played more of it, but this is a legit weird part of the Rad Codex universe with half-rock people living in an underground world that's partly alive.

also lol that one of the companions you get early on is a dead ringer for my character in Horizon's Gate to the point of even using the same weapon

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Begemot posted:

It's all good, they only ever applied it to one game, and then removed it within hours (I think it was REmake?)

so my nude monsters mod for Monster Hunter is safe?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I have two complaints about Kingsvein:
1) It's hard to visually parse some of the terrain
and 2) Doing a fair bit of reloading as I explore somewhere and get into a fight I realize I want to tackle later

But other than that it's excellent and I love it. Kind of a return to form of the Voidspire days, more concentrated with a lot of their later games' bloat cut out :hellyeah:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

deep dish peat moss posted:

I have two complaints about Kingsvein:
1) It's hard to visually parse some of the terrain
and 2) Doing a fair bit of reloading as I explore somewhere and get into a fight I realize I want to tackle later

But other than that it's excellent and I love it. Kind of a return to form of the Voidspire days, more concentrated with a lot of their later games' bloat cut out :hellyeah:

Oh yeah, there's a lot of black and purple, took me a while to get used to some terrain features too.

Also I have to say I love that Rad Codex' games have this

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

deep dish peat moss posted:

Kind of a return to form of the Voidspire days, more concentrated with a lot of their later games' bloat cut out :hellyeah:

This is literally all I wanted from Kingsvein and it's delivered so far about 1.5 hours in. I also love Rad Codex's commitment to "normal humans are boring" starting with Alvora Tactics and now we're at rock people PCs and a very alien world and it's great

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2201710/Three_Kingdoms_Zhao_Yun/

Anyone heard of this non-Dynasty Warriors game?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Zhao Yun? That like a budget Lu Bu?

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
From reviews for https://store.steampowered.com/app/1798010/Mega_Man_Battle_Network_Legacy_Collection_Vol_1/, sounds like Capcom added a DRM recently that's flagged as a virus by some AVs and breaks running the collection on steam deck.

So yeah, they're definitely still doing dumb DRM hijinks.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Leal posted:

Apparently a general of Known Cool Guy Liu Bei.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Leal posted:

He's the heroic guy in silver armour and a white horse who solo'd an entire army to save one of Liu Bei's wives, failed but still got out with one of his children, then Liu Bei threw the kid to the ground like it was a basketball and said something like "I can replace wives and children, but I can't replace you!"

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ohhh that guy. That's even funnier honestly.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

The 7th Guest posted:

Ben Folds Five lyrics

here is something cool and free for Quake Remastered owners

https://twitter.com/Quake/status/1747288910097486136

I already listen to Enya while playing Quake.

Took me a bit to find, but its installable from the ingame menu.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Isometric Dynasty Warriors??? Hell yeah!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Zhao Yun is kind of a big RotTK fave, kinda like the stereotypical good guy hero. Koei always has him on the cover of their DW games and as the main rep for the DW side of the franchise in the Orochi titles. He's the very first NPC you team up with in Wo Long, for instance.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Deakul posted:

I'm not sure if that's what that game is, but Dynasty Warriors meets Diablo ARPG would make a lot of sense lol.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Deakul posted:

Samurai Bringer is an Isometric Dynasty Warriors roguelite, it also has a cool move creation system where you design all your attacks and combos

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1851280/Samurai_Bringer/
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256870109/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1642923457

Cool as hell game, its only downside is being kinda short

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 17, 2024

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

quote:

Chore Levelling Up
  • When cleaning a poop/vomit/burnt or cleaning out an outhouse, XP will be generated.
  • Once the chore XP bar reaches full, the Lamb will unlock a new mop. There are as many as 10 (!!!) mops to unlock.
  • The higher the mop, the faster the Lamb can clean.

Poop variations
  • Golden Poop - Drops gold when cleaned. Drops gold/gold bars when harvesting a crop fertilized with golden poop.
  • Glow Poop - Attracts fireflies.
  • Devotion Poop - Generates devotion when cleaned. Crop fertilized with devotion poop will generate devotion over time.
  • Massive Poop - Drops multiple poops when cleaned. Followers can get stuck in the massive poop :(
  • Poop pet - Drops a poop pet when harvested, only when the poop is from a follower with the poop skin.
  • Rainbow poop - Gives 5 times the chore XP when harvested. Instantly grows a crop when fertilized with rainbow poop.

Just wanted to let you lot know.

mystes
May 31, 2006

At least they admit that levelling up is a chore

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Antigravitas posted:

Just wanted to let you lot know.

Palworld lookin' good

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

poop

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

There are as many as 10 (!!!) mops to unlock.

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k

Phlegmish posted:

A veritable panmoply of moptions!

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Phlegmish posted:

That's just terrible.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

kazil posted:

so my nude monsters mod for Monster Hunter is safe?

As long as your Brit friends don’t narc you out!

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Squiggly Beast posted:

Heh heh heh ... moptions.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dalaram posted:

As long as your Brit friends don’t narc you out!

I would never befriend a Brit, I have standards

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Squiggly Beast posted:

mopportunity knocks

e: knmopcks

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
There are streams of people who got early access to Palworld. I can't wait to buy this game in 2 days

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

kazil posted:

Metric or English?

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Dalaram posted:

kazil posted:

Metric or English?

:lol:

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiymA3jw0fQ

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Piranha Bytes (Gothic, ELEX, Risen) has been shuttered by Embracer

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

drat. I've never played a single one of their games, but they always had that plucky li'l dev thing going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The 7th Guest posted:

Piranha Bytes (Gothic, ELEX, Risen) has been shuttered by Embracer

Well, poo poo. They made some cool games. :(