Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Outlook is a piece of poo poo software and I hate it!

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Outlook is a piece of poo poo software and I hate it!

Yeah I hate it. Our parent company is full Microsoft so they forced us to switch to MS365 from Gmail and it sucks so much.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I finally got around to watching live One Piece on Netflix. I uave not seen a single second of the anime and was only vaguely aware it was about pirates. I really enjoyed it! The main actor is charismatic as hell and in 20 years will be the new Pedro Pascal.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Got a job interview for a Customer Success Manager position with an Australian tech company. It's remote work too. I don't hate my current job but I'm applying on the off chance the office Christmas parties are mandatory events in Australia....

I used to work for an Australian based insurance company and had the promise of going to visit our remote folks in Australia and England. Every time the opportunity came up they sent my boss and boss's boss instead. When I finally became The Boss and the chance came up they ... Sent my boss and the boss's boss.

It was bullshit. Never got to travel anywhere except for an offer to go to Atlanta in the middle of the summer to babysit a junior developer. He quit before the flight got booked.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

swickles posted:

I finally got around to watching live One Piece on Netflix. I uave not seen a single second of the anime and was only vaguely aware it was about pirates. I really enjoyed it! The main actor is charismatic as hell and in 20 years will be the new Pedro Pascal.

Yeah, it was a lot of fun, some of the costumes look like people cosplaying as the anime character, and not the best version of that costume at that particular anime convention, but all of the leads have great chemistry.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I honestly don’t see how you get a better live action Luffy.

Plus next season we’re almost for sure getting Jamie Lee Curtis

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7X3Q-mTluM

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm still on Old Outlook and every time I restart they ask me to try the new one and one day I just know it's not going to be an option and I'll be in Hell

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm on the old Outlook too and I reverted to Teams Classic as well.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The only software I hate with a passion is Adobe Creative Cloud. I just want to use Acrobat, bitch, why you keep logging me out every week and forcing a re-login??

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

seiferguy posted:

The only software I hate with a passion is Adobe Creative Cloud. I just want to use Acrobat, bitch, why you keep logging me out every week and forcing a re-login??

Oh god, we had a bunch of people who had to get moved from an old Adobe suite to the new CC stuff and they are loving furious. The UI is so bad compared to what they had and all I can tell them is that I’m not the UX lead for Adobe so I can’t do anything about it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They keep making it worse and charging more for it. I want Photoshop and Acrobat. No I do not want to update Bridge what the gently caress is that anyway

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Shoveling snow sucks. I get why people have heart attacks doing it, its an easy out.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Why you gotta doxx Braksgirl & Silly Burrito like that?!?

Pfft, I'm way cuter than her and my laugh is only half as annoying.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Are twitter links busted for anyone else on the browser?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

seiferguy posted:

Oh gently caress that too. I use it just about daily for work and it's so hit or miss on if it'll work the way I need it to. So many randomly "unreadable" docs that never get identified so I have to restart from scratch and check each doc individually to find a single wonky page. So much cursing at Outlook's save as pdf function also somehow causing that error.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm not a fan of how when I update Photoshop in Creative Cliud I end up having to reinstall my plug-ins every time. :argh:

Trying to use Premiere Pro to edit some dumb vids has been… an adventure.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Outlook is fine for me but Teams is the dogshit app in our company. Something goes wrong on every call.

I can no longer make Teams calls from the desktop app and our IT group told me to kick rocks until it's my turn for a new laptop (which they are rolling out to the whole org...eventually).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Two things I learned today.

1. Oksana Baiul still skates today.

2. She lives in Shreveport, Louisiana.

https://x.com/OksanaBaiul/status/1747243221934088551?s=20

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Got a job interview for a Customer Success Manager position with an Australian tech company. It's remote work too. I don't hate my current job but I'm applying on the off chance the office Christmas parties are mandatory events in Australia....

I thought you did gis???

Congratulations!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

swickles posted:

Shoveling snow sucks. I get why people have heart attacks doing it, its an easy out.

Snow blower is a must. Shoveling is the worst.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I like shoveling, but I also don’t have a whole lot to shovel. If I spend more than 15 minutes shoveling it means we got a lot of snow.

I’m not one to post about driving incompetence a lot since I see it almost every day driving around, but my drive home had quite the display. In a one mile stretch had the classic left turn with right blinker on, then someone with a left blinker suddenly pull over to the right to park, then another guy drive a half mile with his left blinker on and then proceeded to make a right turn. Just everyone forgetting how to use a turn signal I guess.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I'm on the old Outlook too and I reverted to Teams Classic as well.

Yeah Teams kept bugging me to switch to NEW TEAMS so I did and then it kept closing itself every five minutes so I switched back to classic and it’s been fine ever since :jerkbag:

Also yeah, love Outlook constantly reminding me that meetings I attended three days ago are overdue, wtf?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

My daughter talked me into downloading Minecraft so she could play a bit easier (she’s been playing World of Cubes on her tablet) and I’m pretty sure I’m straight up going to lose many hours of my life tunneling deep into the earth like a goddamned Tolkienesque dwarf.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I had never played it and ended up building a whole kingdom last year. Flattened a mountain to make a castle with its own cathedral, farms, windmills, a university, tons of forts,shipyards, green houses, a huge village, gazebos, a hedge maze and a wizard tower. Took a month and haven’t touched it since.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Has anyone done a sports movie parody that was as sharp and biting like Walk Hard was to the music biopic genre?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

LeeMajors posted:

My daughter talked me into downloading Minecraft so she could play a bit easier (she’s been playing World of Cubes on her tablet) and I’m pretty sure I’m straight up going to lose many hours of my life tunneling deep into the earth like a goddamned Tolkienesque dwarf.

I remember in late 2011 when it came out in Beta, some friends and I set up an insane server where we just built a bunch of dumb poo poo. The game still had tons of bugs that we took advantage of (I remember there was a trick using the minecarts on small hills gave a massive speed boost, so we made our own public transit system). Then an update came out and you'd die from falling, and we just stopped playing at that point.

I know the game has so many different things now, but those were the days. I made a giant :qq: in the sky looking at someone's house. It owned.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Has anyone done a sports movie parody that was as sharp and biting like Walk Hard was to the music biopic genre?

Closest thing I can think of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpsMi3Q2fok

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Did you see that Ferrari literally did the "wrong kid died" line from Walk Hard?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The best part of a new Minecraft server is setting up the nuclear reactor while your friend builds up a automated mining method to remove the tops of all the mountains once you get power online and then you create massive brutalist sheds to house the equipment to use the resulting yields

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1747367357750628775

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

They call that thing the Wall, somebody better be making “now your watch is done” jokes once they’re eliminated from the playoffs in the future.

I see you trying to build an indoor basketball Kop and I wish you good luck with it, Microsoft man.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The 51 rows symbolize the 51 years they've never made it to The Finals.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ether Frenzy posted:

The 51 rows symbolize the 51 years they've never made it to The Finals.

Yet, somehow, Los Angeles still survives. :iiam:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I mean they chant "Beat LA" everywhere in the country, so something must be going right

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I understand not letting people wear other teams gear, but the no cheering thing is insane, sometimes the other team will do something so awesome you have to applaud them.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Air Skwirl posted:

I understand not letting people wear other teams gear, but the no cheering thing is insane, sometimes the other team will do something so awesome you have to applaud them.

Sometimes? They're guaranteed to be playing the Clippers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

So I've been up for 36 hours and I am exhausted but I really don't want to sleep and I think I'm having some kind of breakdown

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The realization that I have done nothing with my life combined with the only thing I REALLY care about, my family which are moving halfway across the country and the fact that I feel like I am being left behind is all kinda starting to hit me at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hugs man.

You will need rest. Do not overthink things. There is opportunity to work hard and build a life you feel good about but it can’t be done overnight. So you may as well rest and start fresh. You have time.