Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Yeah I don't know, I'm not NOT into it. I'm always open to things not on my bingo card and weird space spider helps spaceman mentally cope was not really on there.

When does the movie adaptation of Project Hail Mary come out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Looks alright to me.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

hell yeah

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

I'm rather partial to this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkZFWr0vR8Q

The soundbites, building to the USS ENTERPRISE reveal as Leonard Nimoy says "Space. The final frontier" and the Star Trek tune kicks in. gently caress YES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKFUZ10Wmbw

I think right around that time I was jonesing really hard for some Mass Effect/Starcraft type space opera kind of stuff, that trailer hit all the right notes for me since Old Trek and TNG Trek would kind of but not really scratch that itch. And then the movie came out and it was COMPLETELY different from the tone of the trailer, I was kinda salty about it for a while, lens flares aside.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I like when Sandler does serious roles so I'll watch this, but it looks boring.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How many years before Sandler does Fiddler on the Roof that beard is looking the part

I'm not making a joke I think he'd be a great Tevye

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Spaceman trailer gives off strong "he was dead all along" vibes.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
are we still posting video game trailers

https://youtu.be/nkfBvxrIz5M?si=HEd7Q3rWoDmgfQ6V

https://youtu.be/HvM19zxfHVQ?si=GvvuQ9YFd7NNEzNr

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

muscles like this! posted:

Spaceman trailer gives off strong "he was dead all along" vibes.

And it's going to be really hard to go toe to toe with Moon for "lonely man in space" movies. God I love Moon. Shame about the rest of Duncan's career

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

BonoMan posted:

And it's going to be really hard to go toe to toe with Moon for "lonely man in space" movies. God I love Moon. Shame about the rest of Duncan's career

I liked Source Code for what it was - a well crafted high budget episode of The Twilight Zone.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Dillbag posted:

I liked Source Code for what it was - a well crafted high budget episode of The Twilight Zone.

C'mon, don't sell Sterling and Matheson quite that short! I like the movie but it leaves just a bit too many things hanging to be considered truly "well-crafted".

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Oh wait yeah I did actually like Source Code. Forgot about that

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

kiimo posted:

How many years before Sandler does Fiddler on the Roof that beard is looking the part

Ok, I'm neither a musical aficionado, nor a Sandler hater (at least not much of one) but, the more I think about it, the more this makes sense to me.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

kiimo posted:

He's not a bad singer, it might work

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Oh that Spaceman trailer looks intriguing, I hope that actually is an actual spider friend, and not just a figment of Sandler's character's imagination

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
adam sandler using film budgets to go on holiday with his buddies is reaching some kind of singularity point. space, then what? time travel?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
That trailer would have extremely different vibes if the spider was voiced by Kevin James.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm genuinely just tired of Sandler in every way and him getting in with PT Anderson and the Safdies annoys me (Good Time > Uncut Gems, still good though) in retrospect cuz it just means I have to see his stupid face/hear him discussed even more often whereas before at least his reality was stuck in the lovely comedy zone.
Adam Sandler only did Opera Man and then he died. True story.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Like he made loving You Don’t Mess With the Zohan, that's enough for a one way rocket to the moon. That he managed to barely scrape up some kind of artistic legitimacy a few times just annoys me.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Opera Man sucked, you mean Toll Booth Willy

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'm genuinely just tired of Sandler in every way and him getting in with PT Anderson and the Safdies annoys me (Good Time > Uncut Gems, still good though) in retrospect cuz it just means I have to see his stupid face/hear him discussed even more often whereas before at least his reality was stuck in the lovely comedy zone.
Adam Sandler only did Opera Man and then he died. True story.

Did he shoot your dog?

Is Adam Sandler a pet shooter?

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Source Code vs Deja Vu, who takes the win of these time travel mystery romances.

Probably Deja Vu for me as Denzel is having more fun.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Did he shoot your dog?

Is Adam Sandler a pet shooter?
He's a stupid rear end zionist but also just annoying :shrug:

kiimo posted:

Opera Man sucked, you mean Toll Booth Willy
True true I was just kidding. Not really waxing nostalgically for SNL era Sandler.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8MF3vl0U_o

Pauly Shore as Richard Simmons in "The Court Jester."

Crows Turn Off fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 17, 2024

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Like he made loving You Don’t Mess With the Zohan, that's enough for a one way rocket to the moon. That he managed to barely scrape up some kind of artistic legitimacy a few times just annoys me.

What a great weird movie.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Crows Turn Off posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8MF3vl0U_o

Pauly Shore as Richard Simmons in "The Court Jester."

Richard Simmons is definitely someone who could use a good biopic, but Pauly Shore is a weird choice to play him outside of a parody sketch

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Jack & Jill was right there and you used Zohan as the breaking point, for shame my man

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Jack & Jill at least created some fun Hardcore/In the Mouth of Madness cuts

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

checkplease posted:

Source Code vs Deja Vu, who takes the win of these time travel mystery romances.

Probably Deja Vu for me as Denzel is having more fun.

I give Deja Vu the win because Source Code's mindscape scenes can't compare to Denzel having to tail a car in the past, in the present. That's just really clever.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

whydirt posted:

Richard Simmons is definitely someone who could use a good biopic, but Pauly Shore is a weird choice to play him outside of a parody sketch

I really don't trust Shore to sell a serious scene.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

I really don't trust Shore to sell a serious scene.

I drink your milkshake... buhhhhdeee

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Here's whatever the gently caress this is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osu2N9gysYk

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
What the gently caress is happening.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

she should've gotten Martin Brest to direct this

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
"Why doesn't Hollywood do more with original IP anymore?"

*monkey paw curls*

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Lol'ed hard at the supporting cast credits at the end

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Colonel Whitey posted:

Lol'ed hard at the supporting cast credits at the end

Yeah, Affleck is listed at the end, so this is gonna bomb hard.

I'm one of the few people who loved Jersey Girl, but still.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

These are parody trailers right?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I laughed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

A movie filled with "it's turkey time, gobble gobble" moments.