Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

At this point what can they even do to him publicly? They've already shown his cock on the Congressional floor at least once.

Considering that as soon as he's in front of them in public, they begin tripping over themselves to just insult him, it really is just them shooting themselves in the foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

https://x.com/ABC7NY/status/1747394602724733256?s=20

Is Iowa even a potentially competitive seat if it were to become open?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
No.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
USCE 2024: That's great, it starts with an earthquake...

Considering the earthquake that hit Japan to start the year, feels very poignant.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

FlamingLiberal posted:

At this point what can they even do to him publicly? They've already shown his cock on the Congressional floor at least once.
That doesn't sound like a winning move for the Republicans.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

USCE 2024: Sumner was a lib.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
The civil war was all about owning the libs, if we define libs as African-Americans and owning as slavery.

Misunderstood
Jan 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Ernst only won her last election by 6.5 points. Iowa is certainly red but it's not a hopeless state. It would take a very pro-D environment and a talented candidate, but if the Democrats can have a wildly popular Governor of Kentucky we can get the seat that Tom Harkin held for 5 terms back.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Finding the right candidate would be the hard part in Iowa.

It's not a lost cause but I wouldn't blow the bank there.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
USCE 2024: I'm not rooting for Biden over Trump

PharmerBoy
Jul 21, 2008
Don't forget the chance of R's new candidate having said or done something absolutely horrifying that loses them even a safe seat. Seems to occur every 2-3 cycles recently

Jan 17, 2024
just 3 days until Perpetual Bankruptcy begins!!!

the only news is yesterday's news!!!

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

PharmerBoy posted:

Don't forget the chance of R's new candidate having said or done something absolutely horrifying that loses them even a safe seat. Seems to occur every 2-3 cycles recently

Didn’t Claire McCaskill benefit from that two times in a row?

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Killer robot posted:

Conservatives haven't admitted a clean Democratic win in 75 years at least. The mob stole 1960 for Kennedy, LBJ was only riding on Kennedy sympathy, Carter got in because of a Watergate hit job, Clinton only won because of Perot, Obama wasn't even an American citizen, etc.

Besides the minor quibble of birtherism being birthed by Team It’s Her Turn, that kind of thinking is hardly partisan. On the left you have evil Diebold voting chips, SCOTUS lost us the election, Trump/Russian collusion, etc.

011624_4
Jan 17, 2024
the presidential election aint gunna mean poo poo if the country is bankrupt

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Eric Cantonese posted:

Didn’t Claire McCaskill benefit from that two times in a row?

Yes and she folded the moment she went up against a candidate who didn't self destruct for her. Doesn't stop her from lecturing others on how to win elections!

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Besides the minor quibble of birtherism being birthed by Team It’s Her Turn, that kind of thinking is hardly partisan. On the left you have evil Diebold voting chips, SCOTUS lost us the election, Trump/Russian collusion, etc.

ok but the Diebold machines stole one election and SCOTUS stole another

011624_4
Jan 17, 2024
#1 president of bankrupt country

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Two out of three of those are true.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

011624_4 posted:

the presidential election aint gunna mean poo poo if the country is bankrupt

how exactly do you think the country is going bankrupt

default, sure, but bankrupt?

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

The difference is that very few people on the "left" consider these elections to have been "stolen". What SCOTUS did was legal, 2004 Ohio was suspicious not definitive election fraud, and the Russians objectively did help Trump win. Those things are all true. "Joe Biden stole the election" is a lie and reveals a fascist mindset. This is a horrendous false comparison even by "conservative" standards.

011624_4
Jan 17, 2024

Jaxyon posted:

the presidential election aint gunna mean poo poo if the country is in default

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

lol still talking about PUMAS this far away from that election, when Trump was literally Lead Birther and won the presidency?

hahaha my dude

Meanwhile on the other side you have "Diebold voting chips, SCOTUS lost us the election, Trump/Russian collusion, etc."

2 of the 3 of which are absolutely real things

011624_4 posted:

the presidential election aint gunna mean poo poo if the country is in default

That's different from bankruptcy MBIC

011624_4
Jan 17, 2024

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

The difference is that very few people on the "left" consider these elections to have been "stolen". What SCOTUS did was legal, 2004 Ohio was suspicious not definitive election fraud, and the Russians objectively did help Trump win. Those things are all true. "Joe Biden stole the election" is a lie and reveals a fascist mindset. This is a horrendous false comparison even by "conservative" standards.

and none of this will mean poo poo if the United States Government is Defaulting on its Debt

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Jaxyon posted:

No need to feed the troll. Who seems to have endless amount of money to spend on random # usernames...

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Charliegrs posted:

They won't view Trump as a serial loser. They will view Biden as a serial election stealer.

Guess i got to be more clear about what I'm saying

They aren't going to get less outraged or deranged. They never will. They'll die mad about it over decades.

What changes is that their outrage and insane political convictions are now getting burnt off much more uselessly. For a while. And not in ways that can do things like reshape the judiciary or demolish democratic norms (too badly lol)

There will be a lot of infighting, seething, and resentment. And large amounts of it will get dealt out on the gop as they try to rationalize how it must have failed trump. Major ego blows to the cult faithful does that

011624_4
Jan 17, 2024

Jaxyon posted:

lol still talking about PUMAS this far away from that election, when Trump was literally Lead Birther and won the presidency?

hahaha my dude

Meanwhile on the other side you have "Diebold voting chips, SCOTUS lost us the election, Trump/Russian collusion, etc."

2 of the 3 of which are absolutely real things

That's different from bankruptcy MBIC

and all are a non-option if the country is in Default

011624_4
Jan 17, 2024

Staluigi posted:

Guess i got to be more clear about what I'm saying

They aren't going to get less outraged or deranged. They never will. They'll die mad about it over decades.

What changes is that their outrage and insane political convictions are now getting burnt off much more uselessly. For a while. And not in ways that can do things like reshape the judiciary or demolish democratic norms (too badly lol)

There will be a lot of infighting, seething, and resentment. And large amounts of it will get dealt out on the gop as they try to rationalize how it must have failed trump. Major ego blows to the cult faithful does that

all while they struggle to survive the largest economic recession in their entire lives

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

011624_4 posted:

[Bunch a useless posts]

Getting an early start on 2024's white noise champion contest i see

12 years a lurker
Aug 17, 2022

USCE 2024: Jihad! At the cancer hospital

More realistically aligned with the gestalt poking fun at the absurd moments of the candidate from reality TV:

USCE 2024: Even if you vote and then pass away, it's worth it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This article seems to intend to give the reader the impression that pro-Palestinian protestors protested a hospital. But close reading suggests that what actually happened was a protest marched past a hospital.

12 years a lurker
Aug 17, 2022

Gripweed posted:

This article seems to intend to give the reader the impression that pro-Palestinian protestors protested a hospital. But close reading suggests that what actually happened was a protest marched past a hospital.

I linked the article without a paywall but it was very much "at" not "past." More clear here, you get the gist without needing to have a subscription or work around the paywall https://www.wsj.com/articles/memorial-sloan-kettering-gaza-protest-new-york-e91d2810:

"'MSK, Shame on you / you support genocide, too" the crowd yelled, according to video circulating online. A leader with a microphone called the cancer center "another complicit institution," and urged the protesters, "make sure they hear ...[article continued past subscription or paywall bypass of your choice]"

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I can’t confirm whether or not the events depicted in the articles about the protest are true, but… marches usually do march past the thing they are protesting, and apparently the point of the event was to march past a bunch of different hospitals.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Gripweed posted:

afaict they (Sloan Kettering) accepted a 400m donation that was in large part from Ken Griffin, a billionaire who has been supportive of Israel

can't find more confirmation of intent to protest the hospital than a few reposts of Twitter random, but 1) phone posting 2) frankly there's a morally plausible and tactically stupid argument that hospitals taking money from zionists should be shamed

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 17, 2024

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

12 years a lurker posted:

I linked the article without a paywall but it was very much "at" not "past." More clear here, you get the gist without needing to have a subscription or work around the paywall https://www.wsj.com/articles/memorial-sloan-kettering-gaza-protest-new-york-e91d2810:

"'MSK, Shame on you / you support genocide, too" the crowd yelled, according to video circulating online. A leader with a microphone called the cancer center "another complicit institution," and urged the protesters, "make sure they hear ...[article continued past subscription or paywall bypass of your choice]"

What were the protestors’ criticisms of the hospital? Was there a reason they singled it out as complicit?

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Gripweed posted:

What were the protestors’ criticisms of the hospital? Was there a reason they singled it out as complicit?

If you read Google Jeb Bush’s post, he basically nailed it. They had gotten a donation from an Israeli-affiliated businessman.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

I guess a cancer center shouldn't accept any donations from billionaires seeing as they're all terrible in one way or another. Shame about all those cancer patients.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Gripweed posted:

1) They accepted a $400 million donation from a charity group that is organized by Ken Griffin (an American billionaire who has been vocally supportive of Israel) and David Geffen (the Jewish-American billionaire founder of DreamWorks Pictures).

2) They have an educational exchange partnership with Rambam Medical Center in Haifa where they exchange oncology research.

https://www.mskcc.org/news-releases/mskcc-announces-landmark-400-million-gift-from-kenneth-griffin-and-david-geffen

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 17, 2024

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

1) They accepted a $400 million donation from a charity group that is organized by Ken Griffin (an American billionaire who has been vocally supportive of Israel) and David Geffen (the Jewish billionaire founder of Dreamworks Pictures).

2) They have an educational exchange partnership with Rambam Medical Center in Haifa where they exchange oncology research.

https://www.mskcc.org/news-releases/mskcc-announces-landmark-400-million-gift-from-kenneth-griffin-and-david-geffen

That first one seems pretty weak, unless those guys actually made their money off the occupation or have significant business interests in Israel or something. The second one makes more sense, we want Israel to be a pariah state and getting institutions to cut ties with Israeli institutions is part of that.

Did the protestors release a statement about it or anything?

Kchama posted:

If you read Google Jeb Bush’s post, he basically nailed it. They had gotten a donation from an Israeli-affiliated businessman.

I thought he was guessing.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Gripweed posted:

They're protesting at hospitals to call attention to the numerous Israeli attacks on Palestinian hospitals, ambulances, and healthcare workers in general.

The name of the event is "MLK Day March For Healthcare" [for Palestinians]. They're not protesting the hospital because they're particularly mad at the hospital, they're protesting the hospital because they think it's a fitting place to drive awareness of hospital bombings in Gaza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Main Paineframe posted:

They're protesting at hospitals to call attention to the numerous Israeli attacks on Palestinian hospitals, ambulances, and healthcare workers in general.

The name of the event is "MLK Day March For Healthcare" [for Palestinians]. They're not protesting the hospital because they're particularly mad at the hospital, they're protesting the hospital because they think it's a fitting place to drive awareness of hospital bombings in Gaza.

No, the organizer specifically said it was because of the donation.

They also chanted "MSK, Shame on you. You support genocide, too. Make sure they hear you, they’re in the windows."

https://twitter.com/NerdeenKiswani/status/1747089953358573709