Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Season of the robit lets gooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Mustached Demon posted:

S30 is way good go play it everyone.

I had an absolute blast zipping around on my monk all weekend

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Tarnop posted:

These are the abilities. None of them are passive. The passive stuff is all modifiers to the abilities:

Autodefense: The Seneschal Construct activates an antimaterial field around itself shooting down enemy projectiles. Can not shoot down Boss or Player projectiles.
Bushwhack: Quickly ambush dealing damage to each target. May strike the same target multiple times.
Firefly: Deploy a small construct that lands on the target and explodes 3 times, dealing damage.
Focus Fire: The Seneschal Construct channels a ray of fire onto targets dealing damage to each over time.
Gyrate: The Seneschal Construct whirls its legs around quickly dealing damage to all surrounding enemies.
Impale: Perform a line attack to all enemies in front of the Seneschal Construct dealing damage.
Lightning Bolt: Launch a bolt of Lightning at the target dealing damage. Arcs to other targets dealing a portion of the original damage.
Protect: The Seneschal Construct materializes a protective Barrier on the player for a portion of their Maximum Life.
Reconstruct: The Seneschal Construct channels a reconstruction beam Healing the player for a portion of their Maximum Life over time.
Slash: Pummel enemies in front of the Seneschal Construct dealing damage.
Tempest: Electrically charge an enemy causing it to deal damage to themselves and additional each second over time. If the enemy is killed, Tempest spreads to another enemy gaining for additional time and bonus damage. These bonuses are also applied if Tempest is reapplied onto the same enemy.

None of those are going to do anything if the robot is just stood staring blankly at a wall like the necro's golem does half the time

The supporting stones are the ones the ones that give actual benefits to your character. Buff your crit, heal you, etc.

That is why I am saying that if the pet does no damage, then it is basically just a passive dispenser or debuff applier.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The supporting stones are the ones the ones that give actual benefits to your character. Buff your crit, heal you, etc.

That is why I am saying that if the pet does no damage, then it is basically just a passive dispenser or debuff applier.

Tuning stones augment the robot abilities, not your own.

E: Though three of them do buff the player when the robot uses a skill.

Orv fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 16, 2024

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I imagine we'll see some bonkers interactions between the pet and builds. Other seasons did too.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The supporting stones make the pet apply buffs to you or debuffs to your target when the pet uses the supported abilities. If the pet is stuck on scenery or just chilling doing nothing like necro minions do half the time then it will not be dispensing those buffs or debuffs

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
i'm feeling the urge to make a minion necro so my spiderbot doesn't feel lonely :3:

time to spin up a fourth nerco

Orv
May 4, 2011
*sad zoo Druid noises*

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Part of the problem with necro minions is that they waste a lot of time moving back and forth trying to get into a position where they can attack an enemy without overlapping another minion, so I wouldn't be surprised if the robot ends up performing worse for minion necros and zoo druids (lol)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tarnop posted:

I had an absolute blast zipping around on my monk all weekend
I used to fall asleep playing monk because the rhythm of hundred handed punch was almost hypnotic.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I used to fall asleep playing monk because the rhythm of hundred handed punch was almost hypnotic.

You can combine the mystic ally set (that you get for doing the first half of the season journey) with the "dashing strike has no cooldown and costs spirit" set for a build that's more likely to give you a seizure than send you to sleep

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
the qol looks good, and the season looks bad. the one thing they promised (leaderboards) isn't even dropping with the season start lol. also weird to mention beast in the ice drop rates, when people at that stage mostly just care about duriel and his drops. it would be nice to see even a 3x buff on uber drop rates, which I wasn't really expecting until after there's a season where people didn't dupe the gently caress out of mats anyways. I didn't like the poe equiv to this seaonal mechanic (heist, in its first iteration) and I suspect that I won't like this one either. I can see why they waited for the last minute to drop anything about this season

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Tonetta posted:

the qol looks good, and the season looks bad. the one thing they promised (leaderboards) isn't even dropping with the season start lol. also weird to mention beast in the ice drop rates, when people at that stage mostly just care about duriel and his drops. it would be nice to see even a 3x buff on uber drop rates, which I wasn't really expecting until after there's a season where people didn't dupe the gently caress out of mats anyways. I didn't like the poe equiv to this seaonal mechanic (heist, in its first iteration) and I suspect that I won't like this one either. I can see why they waited for the last minute to drop anything about this season

Maybe they're switching who drops Uber mats or adding in Uber Belial since our friend Kulle was instrumental in his defeat.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

just gonna keep doing tree favors and world bosses and rolling that guy under the tree while taking edibles. d4 pretty good for that

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Tonetta posted:

it would be nice to see even a 3x buff on uber drop rates, which I wasn't really expecting until after there's a season where people didn't dupe the gently caress out of mats anyways.

Bet they'll buff rates mid season when players can't buy cheap mats from a fellow Chinese player with 5000 each

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
can i send the robot to town to sell my poo poo or will that come in season 7 instead

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Circle Nine posted:

can i send the robot to town to sell my poo poo or will that come in season 7 instead

Sorry that is deemed "non-rehashed content" and as such is reserved for the expansion. $60 please

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Circle Nine posted:

been playing torchlight 2 on the series x and it is really good and runs at 4k 60fps

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

There is a game out right now that has pets auto-salvage loot. You may be shocked to learn it is Diablo 3

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
hey diablo 4 thread posters, just hit level 8, really loving this game! havent had much time to play since launch since im so busy with the ball and chain (the wife and kids, haha!) but ive really been loving what ive experienced the past two weeks. anyone else still playing diablo 4 out there?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This seems like it will be a pretty cool season.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Minera posted:

hey diablo 4 thread posters, just hit level 8, really loving this game! havent had much time to play since launch since im so busy with the ball and chain (the wife and kids, haha!) but ive really been loving what ive experienced the past two weeks. anyone else still playing diablo 4 out there?

drat uf you like 4 you should try the sequel, its got faster gameplay, companions you can gear out, great dungeon running, they fixed the loot being dumb, its really dope. its caled diablo 3

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Diablo 3

sux :twisted:

goodnight mooned
Aug 2, 2007

I have a seasonal character, haven't done any of the season 2 stuff though, is there anything good I should get before season ends in 6 days?
My char atm is ice sorcerer.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Probably go ball sorc if you can get the ring for it, it's unlikely to survive in its current state.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
there's nothing that'll carry over that's important. if you like the skins you could aim for those. like orv said ball sorc is not surviving in its current state, so the experience of that is also time limited. low life/immortal sorc/barb are also not surviving if you have a selig to play around with.

and of course $100 in time limited armor sets

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

goodnight mooned posted:

I have a seasonal character, haven't done any of the season 2 stuff though, is there anything good I should get before season ends in 6 days?
My char atm is ice sorcerer.

The vampiric powers are very meh, and not worth leveling a character over.

The vampire zones were cool, but if Helltides are buffed I don't see it being a good enough reason either.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
got together enough mats to run duriel 25 times. apparently the 2x uber drop rate was an event that ended a couple weeks ago, cool that there was no notice on that

no ubers, no cosmetics. those mats were from leveling two characters to level 100 and a third to mid 60s. i wonder what it would cost to buy duped mats, because there's no way id ever see an uber without doing a lot of that. which i couldn't do anyway because i'm on console and that gold/trade change doesn't get put in until S3.

oh and i one shot duriel without any build defining unique or tibaults/godslayer/selig etc. most gear ~850 ilvl and 2/4. weird power curve for an end game chase boss, even varshan stood up to more abuse in S1

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I went out of my way not to use D4 necromancer pets because I found them annoying, only later did I discover that going petless was actually meta. It will be weird going into a pet season when one of the things most in need of retuning are pets all-around.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

harrygomm posted:

got together enough mats to run duriel 25 times. apparently the 2x uber drop rate was an event that ended a couple weeks ago, cool that there was no notice on that

no ubers, no cosmetics. those mats were from leveling two characters to level 100 and a third to mid 60s. i wonder what it would cost to buy duped mats, because there's no way id ever see an uber without doing a lot of that. which i couldn't do anyway because i'm on console and that gold/trade change doesn't get put in until S3.

oh and i one shot duriel without any build defining unique or tibaults/godslayer/selig etc. most gear ~850 ilvl and 2/4. weird power curve for an end game chase boss, even varshan stood up to more abuse in S1

About 7-8m gold per run is the cost. I've got a stockpile from playing so I thought maybe I'd bother with it but I probably won't!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I keep thinking about playing D3 some more but I remember that it still doesn’t have controller support so getting to running on the Steam Deck would suck. (I know there’s janky steam input profiles for it)

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
Emulate the switch version?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

negativeneil posted:

Emulate the switch version?

I already have it for the Switch! But yeah maybe I should give that a try. It’s the definitive way to play for sure. Actually emulating it wouldn’t have any online so never mind. I’ll just update it on the Switch and give it a go there.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
https://x.com/Diablo/status/1747680327185650028?s=20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnGr4oxN2kc

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 17, 2024

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Deadly traps!

The new construct enemies look cool, but lol at bragging about the stationary boss.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

oh good. traps.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i'm assuming the leaderboard stuff is going to be the main endgame goal because the vaults have level 100 guys for some reason so everyone will be able to sprint to the end and one shot the boss that doesn't move

if that's the case, i really hope they're surprise revealing the ability to save loadouts because trying to respec every week for the new gauntlet layout seems miserable

e:

hawowanlawow posted:

oh good. traps.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
My initial reaction upon seeing the chest rewards was "well that's going to be full of complete garbage that I don't care about."

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Has there ever been an ARPG where traps are actually an interesting gameplay mechanic and not just annoying bullshit that, at best, interrupts the flow of the game? There's already enough "awkwardly move around and wait for the poison pool / timed explosion to end" stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

no nobody likes traps