Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

CaptainBeefart posted:

I think Snakebird did this.

yeah it does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

One link to add to the pile:

https://www.gog.com/partner/free_games

It's the list of currently available free games on GOG. Including Quake II RTX and some other stuff.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

quake 2 rtx was always free but it only comes with the demo levels, you need to own quake 2 proper to import the rest

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
A freebie on the Minecraft marketplace today where you get to play as animals.
Not much free stuff gets posted on the marketplace.
https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/planet-earth-iii-perspectives
https://twitter.com/MinecraftMarket/status/1747320106575630677

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

OgNar posted:

Welp, I just learned that apparently I didn't migrate my Mojang account and now I have no way to connect it to Microsoft and their FAQ just says 'welp, you missed it, get hosed'.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Welp, I just learned that apparently I didn't migrate my Mojang account and now I have no way to connect it to Microsoft and their FAQ just says 'welp, you missed it, get hosed'.

Oh that was a thing?

Whelp, guess I'm never playing Minecraft again.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
To be absolutely fair, Microsoft sent reminders to the email attached to your Mjoang account like once a month going "hey, transfer over now or lose access." And in the weeks leading up to the deadline, multiple reminders were sent per week.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah I have six "Important changes to your mojang account" emails. If you missed all those, it's on you.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

OgNar posted:

huh, i haven't played minecraft since the days of you just downloaded it from the website for nothing

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

OgNar posted:

see them before they're gone kids

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Drowning Rabbit posted:

same lol. and before this we had to migrate from minecraft account to mojang account. migrate your account every 2 years or delete!!

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

DoubleNegative posted:

To be absolutely fair, Microsoft sent reminders to the email attached to your Mjoang account like once a month going "hey, transfer over now or lose access." And in the weeks leading up to the deadline, multiple reminders were sent per week.

lol, shut the gently caress up microsoft bootlicker

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah I have six "Important changes to your mojang account" emails. If you missed all those, it's on you.

you too. "um actually you should be checking your updates folder for every game you own" lick harder

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

That's why I'm never going to pay for a game with my email address, that way they can't get me with the update emails.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

DoubleNegative posted:

Yeah I got like a hundred of them but still never botheredb lol

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Psycho Society posted:

you too. "um actually you should be checking your updates folder for every game you own" lick harder

lol I'm a bootlicker because I check my email more than once every two years.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
glad ur caught up

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Psycho Society posted:

lol, shut the gently caress up microsoft bootlicker

Psycho Society posted:

are you okay

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
apparently the attenborough mod is supposed to be on switch too but i don’t see it, just as a polar bear wont see arctic sea ice… troubling

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
First you expect me to give out my email and now you want me to check it??

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Minecraft isn't even a free game! This is free DLC! I still gotta pay for the drat game!

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Waffleman_ posted:

Minecraft isn't even a free game! This is free DLC! I still gotta pay for the drat game!

Crazy if true, shaking rn

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Waffleman_ posted:

Post/user text combo.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

that guy's real angry about minecraft

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

It's always gratifying when you see somebody and think "I bet they came from C-SPAM" and then when you check their post history, yep, they came from C-SPAM.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
edit: wrong thread

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I got the switch minecraft documentary after I recovered from the Gates Gremlins cheerleading that old lich literally reaching into my pocket and taking 40 dollars, it's not that good tbh

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Does this mean I'm allowed to play it, or no?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Technically no

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

site posted:

First you expect me to give out my email and now you want me to check it??

:emptyquote:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Psycho Society posted:

I got the switch minecraft documentary after I recovered from the Gates Gremlins cheerleading that old lich literally reaching into my pocket and taking 40 dollars, it's not that good tbh

I didn't understand any of this. Apt user name

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'
It's cool that searching through my email I never any notifications about that, love this system

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The game got significantly worse after the sale too imo

What the gently caress is a bedrock and why do I have to pay for mods now

Bring back the beta

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Airconswitch posted:

It's cool that searching through my email I never any notifications about that, love this system

Same here. I just searched my entire gmail and never got one. Grand.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
:thisagain:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

pseudorandom name posted:

It's always gratifying when you see somebody and think "I bet they came from C-SPAM" and then when you check their post history, yep, they came from C-SPAM.

who cares

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

in 2026, Epic Games reclaimed over 20 billion freely distributed games by requiring users to migrate to an "Epic Origins" account

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm sure when i notice in 2030 i'll be so mad

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
they also nagged at you when you logged in to play minecraft, as did the community launcher i use (technic) so sorry you lost a game you haven't turned on in 4 years i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

tokin opposition posted:

they also nagged at you when you logged in to play minecraft, as did the community launcher i use (technic) so sorry you lost a game you haven't turned on in 4 years i guess

maybe so, or maybe when you buy something, it should be yours, period. Buying a "license" to play a game is bullshit, and how on earth could it ever be "lost?"

however, getting a game for free and never playing it is godly.

pirating a game you "lost" and playing it entirely out of spite is also morally just