Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Riot Bimbo posted:

Imo theres a lot and its a clusterfuck jumble. There are things native to Sol, things native to other parts of the universe. There are dimension/parallel world hoppers and our parallel brothers and sisters can become quite alien depending on how/where/when divergences occured. There are gardens of worlds organized into dazzling structures that have no link whatsoever to this universe? Some of this poo poo is organized and expressed/manifest in our religion and culture. Some of it isn't. Some stuff you would think would be real if things we would classify as non rational actually materially exist, aren't. There are created creators.and uncreated originators; some things have powerful sway over our lives while being utterly ignorant of what's beyond Sol and the drama of mankind; others are godlike, bored storytellers who use humans to keep themselves not bored. There are angels and demons, sometimes this stuff overlaps, sometimes these things arent even aware of each other. I once had a dream where Hernes told me capital G god isnt real, and ive had dreams where angels in the court of God called him a chump. It's probably all real and not real at the same time, who cares. Find a mystery and chase it when life bores you, but in the meantime be good to your fellow humans and strive to uplift us wherever possible

So do I have to work tmrw or?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

You update your own record

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

helta posted:

So do I have to work tmrw or?

Quit you're job and go for a swim in a remote lake in Arkansas and worship the first species of fish that you see

Duh idiot

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Sleekly posted:

maybe not future humans maybe they are analogous humans from a parallel dimension. like the humans we would be if things were different

The humans we can ultimately become if we gently caress up.

Sleekly posted:

in a multiverse thered be countless versions of earth and maybe they are all crammed into some metaphysical sort of space and all the reptilians and cat aliens and greys are all just us which opens up the cool and terrifying possibilty of inter-timeline wars and invasions

edit um so no one has to travel anywhere at light speeds or time travel. it would be a sort of travel in a direction id love to have a name for

Yup.

Riot Bimbo posted:

Imo theres a lot and its a clusterfuck jumble. There are things native to Sol, things native to other parts of the universe. There are dimension/parallel world hoppers and our parallel brothers and sisters can become quite alien depending on how/where/when divergences occured. There are gardens of worlds organized into dazzling structures that have no link whatsoever to this universe? Some of this poo poo is organized and expressed/manifest in our religion and culture. Some of it isn't. Some stuff you would think would be real if things we would classify as non rational actually materially exist, aren't. There are created creators.and uncreated originators; some things have powerful sway over our lives while being utterly ignorant of what's beyond Sol and the drama of mankind; others are godlike, bored storytellers who use humans to keep themselves not bored. There are angels and demons, sometimes this stuff overlaps, sometimes these things arent even aware of each other. I once had a dream where Hernes told me capital G god isnt real, and ive had dreams where angels in the court of God called him a chump. It's probably all real and not real at the same time, who cares. Find a mystery and chase it when life bores you, but in the meantime be good to your fellow humans and strive to uplift us wherever possible

For sure. For this post, especially the first quote-response, and the previous I was referring to greys specifically. But there's a whole host of ETs each having their own sort of fun with us.

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Riot Bimbo posted:

Quit you're job and go for a swim in a remote lake in Arkansas and worship the first species of fish that you see

Duh idiot

Ok, so find someone else to drive me to work.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

https://filedn.com/lA1dAM6GJzOy8eCDm2eVX88/uap/Jellyfish%20video%20%232%20%5By28n1lnnjscc1%5D.mp4

:hmmyes: pretty interesting

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

We know it's real because it's recorded in portrait

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Hooplah posted:

lol, i love DoD powerpoint slides

I'm the top centrist theories

Better than the bottom fringe theories

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Fried Watermelon posted:

You update your own record

Me scanning Radar's pages:
"drat there's a lot of bong hits in here"

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Tekne posted:

it's probably just training exercises, but there's been a nonstop parade of globemasters and galaxies flying over today

they're already impressive aircraft and even moreso when flying low

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxLe8MWdWe0&t=48s

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Sleekly posted:

in a multiverse thered be countless versions of earth and maybe they are all crammed into some metaphysical sort of space and all the reptilians and cat aliens and greys are all just us which opens up the cool and terrifying possibilty of inter-timeline wars and invasions

edit um so no one has to travel anywhere at light speeds or time travel. it would be a sort of travel in a direction id love to have a name for

Flash-sideways :lost:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Slavvy posted:

Lmao what the gently caress information is this meant to convey, it's like the diagram is designed to confuse instead of clarify

I actually work in state government now and this is like 90% of "clarifying information" in our manuals

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
I managed to finish the post I had previously mentioned about the beings who have visited me. (Content warning- no details, but there are mentions of childhood abuse). It might be a little rough to read and think about, but don't worry about me! I'm getting the help I need with it. I want to share for the benefit of not only myself, but also anyone else who might resonate.
--
I grew up in the suburbs, but they weren't quiet, peaceful ones, at least not for me. The background of abuse that was plaguing me made making friends hard, but I did manage to connect with a couple temporary ones, including a neighbor kid about my age (I think 8 or so when this occurred). On one of those 'endless' summer nights between grade school years, we were playing tag in his back yard. As we were resting between rounds, he suddenly looked very scared of something nearby, but I didn't see anything. He started asking me to go into the garage with him, a hulking old wooden thing that was used as a storage shed. He said he heard something (I didn't) and either wanted to hide or go investigate, but I only would if he came right behind me. It was late at night, and I was already a pretty fearful child.

We eventually summoned up a little courage and peeked within, staring into the pitch dark, stacked like a comedy sketch right on the edge of the doorway. My friend tapped me on the shoulder, startling me, then pointed to a corner of the garage. There was a small red light coming from the corner, like a laser pointer shining at us. As my eyes squinted at then blinked away from it, my refocusing sight picked up something else from a corner adjacent to the one with the light. Or multiple things. There were at least two figures who looked exactly like the "Grays"- thin, clammy-skinned bodies with tiny mouths and enormous eyes, staring directly into mine. I remember little detail about their forms except those depths, which as I think of them now bring to mind black holes. My friend immediately ran away, while I stood there, completely silent and frozen in terror.

Almost everything else after that was repressed, which I am already prone to, due to the other childhood trauma. My brain decided that nothing was ever there. I vaguely remembered the laser pointer thing for a while, but I dismissed it as either a trick of the light, or a trick that my friend played on me. He and I never talked about what we saw, and it actually took years of therapy for me to remember and process even this much.

Another thing I can say for sure is how I acted in the aftermath.

Throughout my child and teenage years, I remember being deeply disturbed any time fictional aliens that looked like my visitors appeared in a movie or something. Hell, while I am much better at emotional regulation today, I still get slightly creeped out and nervous when I look at one. Even if they were obviously fake, back then anything that looked remotely like a stereotypical Gray would have younger-me quickly changing the channel or covering my eyes. I felt too indescribably uncomfortable to tolerate it long. TV aliens that didn't look like Grays were perfectly fine, and I often enjoyed them as a sci fi nerd.

I've grown a lot since then, had many life experiences, learned a wide array of exploration and coping skills, and have access to a good support network. I decided to get to the bottom of the core questions about my past, delving into my memory using all this support alongside powerful entheogenic aids like psilocybin mushrooms, LSD, and Salvia Divinorum. Over the years working with them and coming to accept how differently I've always perceived the world from most people around me, I've met other beings who I call spirits. I sometimes conceive of them as energy beings, patterns of intention and memory contained in the cosmos and its chemicals interacting. But whatever they are, they are thinking things who I can talk to and spend time with. I believe there are many more spirits than just these, ranging in scale from like atoms to galaxies, but they're the ones relevant here because they're some of the most experienced ones at communicating with modern humanity. They've talked to me about what might have happened with the Grays. The spirits seemed to have met them before, or knew them by reputation.

I'll give an example of what they've told me. A couple weeks ago I took a journey with Lady Salvia. What happens when you do so can vary wildly depending on method, dosage, and the whims of the spirits. This time, I took what was intended to be a light dose by chewing on a quid of rehydrated leaves. It was nice and chill at first, with gentle feelings grounded in our reality, rather than the raw, dark, uncompromising Truth from other dimensions that that plant can often reveal. (At least, not at first.) I decided to burn some incense and meditate for a while to thank the earth for everything. As I centered and focused on my breathing, I saw something in a nearby LED light that was flaring oddly. It was like an optical illusion of a distant face was contained in the light, similar to a tiny portal. It was a face I recognized- my guide on these journeys, Lady Salvia's spirit, with the aura around her head flowing and twisting like a moving fractal pattern. To my surprise, she actually wanted to talk to me about the Grays, since I had just been reading about them earlier, and since they were possibly related to the traumatic childhood events we had been exploring on other trips. (Maybe the background fear my friend and I were already feeling is what drew the aitees to us to begin with.)

She spoke to me, but not exactly with words during this trip. It came as a sort of intuition or revelation, or uncovering a buried memory about a past conversation. Maybe implanting a new memory of a conversation that didn't exist before. The divine complexity of it reminds me a bit of this post about dreams, and how ancient people described the difference between dreams that were just subconscious babble, and dreams that were sent by higher powers. In other words, this was a trip that was the former, then became the latter.

She sent me to go find this post, because it also talks a little bit about how they communicate: post

quote:

You can't understand their language. It just sounds like "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm". I'm positive that we'll never be able to communicate with them in their language. I should mention that these are the "grays" that you hear about, except they aren't gray. They are sort of beige, and it's clothes anyway. They aren't naked. I don't know if there are others. People say there are, but I've only ever met these. Anyway, you cannot understand them but they can understand you. And they can put thoughts into your head but they can't hear your thoughts. You have to speak to them. They cannot hear very well, or else they are not good understanding English so you have to speak loudly and slowly. I don't know if they understand other langauges, but I'm pretty sure they would. They are interested in all of us, in everything that goes on. They like a lot of things about our culture, too. They like some of our music. Bluegrass is their favorite so far as I've seen. They like it a lot. They LOVE that african instrument that looks like a gourd with 13 strings. LOVE IT. But they cannot stand horns or horn music, so they hate classical music and jazz. I think trumpets sort of sound like their language? It's a feeling that I get, but I've never been able to ask them.
As our "conversation" continued, I remembered all the previous times we had communed when certain music had bugged me. I normally love jazzy or orchestral kinds of music, but if I have them on while I'm on Salvia Divinorum, I get extremely annoyed by all the saxophones, trumpets, tubas, etc. I've come to the conclusion that it's really the spirit's annoyance I'm feeling. Through this, she was telling me that while the Grays are not necessarily the same type of being as a powerful ancient plant spirit, they could be using similar methods to interact with human thoughts and emotions. Maybe their methods also suffer disruptions from horn-like sounds.

My experiences were not exactly like this person's, but this description shed light on certain things for me. As a result of this revelation, I suddenly remembered that night in the garage, even though I had been repressing it for literally decades. My easy trip was obliterated, made into Something Else by a higher power. I went beyond the threshold and was briefly back there in the dark, a kid again. Only this time, I had the vast knowledge and support of my guide with me. I recognized the Grays in the darkness as something that she referred to as “elders”, and they weren't just idly feeding. They apparently were also trying to communicate an important message that my neurodivergent child brain couldn't understand.

She 'showed' me the process of how they fed from me too, partially to help me process a lot of the fear it still causes, I think. I felt how they were using some invisible force to “unravel” and “eat” the chemical emotional energy sloshing in the bodies of my friend and I, created by all the curiosity, fear, etc. we felt. Sorry but I don't know how to describe it other than feeling it invisibly, because all of it takes place in dimensions or wavelengths of light we can't see directly. Thanks to the present-day altered mental state however, I could perceive the aura of it, like how invisible heat waves can become perceptible in certain conditions. That feeding may have contributed to my lack of clearer memory about the rest of what happened too, even with substance assistance. Even though I still felt how afraid I was, I saw how the force was reducing my fear too- not only the fear that night, but also other unrelated fears that were occupying my mind. It looked like just a normal, natural process that doesn't always harm, and can often even help us. The Grays may or may not have been actually helping me in the long run, but they believed they were.

I was also sent to find this post about Tom DeLonge's stuff (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3967914&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post514793271)- with the caveat that the beings I met were not demonic or evil. I don't believe that and neither do my guides. But there is still important evidence here. I'll transcribe the image since it looks a little blurry to me:

quote:

1. Universe is teaming with life various levels of intelligence and development.
2. Different groups of aliens are interested in humans and human development. Those in the know in government call the Aliens: “The Others”.
3. The Others have both extra-terrestrial and inter-dimensional aspects.
4. The Others have been here a long time: on earth, in the sky, in Oceans, on Moon.
5. The others genetically modified primates to create humans and perhaps we are their “property”.
6. The Others have sporadic contact with humanity and some of them are interested in instigating wars between different groups of humans.
7. Some believe they feed off negative energy and some believe that they instigate conflict for entertainment.
8. The Others are responsible for cycles of humanity.
9. Atlantis was real. Destruction of ancient civilizations could be examples of what happens to those who do not conform to the control system created by The Others.
10. This knowledge of apocalyptic potential is what fueled the government cover-up.
11. Throughout history different groups of The Others have masked themselves and create different religions as a control system over humanity.
12. Many of the world's religions are simply Cargo-Cults (likened to the isolated Polynesian tribes who worshiped cargo planes that flew over during WWII)
13. If humans are busy killing each other, they are not looking up.
14. Greek and Roman Pantheons, Hindu Gods, Abrahamic religious encounters, etc... examples of encounters with The Others leading to new religions.
15. New religions lead to war.
16. Taiping Rebellion and “Our Lady Fatima” examples from recent history of these beings engaged in our politics and instigating war.
17. Direct quote from Tom: “The entire UFO phonemena is about multiple gods that fight amongth themselves and by design factionalize mankind into different religions to step back and let us fight each other because it has other things it wants to accomplish, and we don't notice them because we are too involved fighting each other. Our government knows this. It knows that The Others are instigating wars among mankind. There is a component related to human consciousness that we have a lot to learn about, and understand. There are aspects of the phenomena that are connected to what we consider the occult, and a lot of this stuff will seem like magic to people. It's very complex and difficult to comprehend and the government is still actively learning about it. But the fact is there is a physical phenomenon. There are biological bodies. There are crashes.”
18. During 1940s and 1950s there were multiple crashes across the US that changed everything.
19. Within 3 months of Roswell crash, the Air Force was separated from the Army, the DOD was created, the CIA was created, and these all served as mechanisms for the government to learn about UFOs, but all were siloed and stovepiped and only a small group of men knew about the full issue.
20. Every time there was a crash, they learned something knew, but they also encountered something that might be deceptive or might be a trick.
21. Eventually they learned that the crashed were intentionally enacted by The Others as a way to give technology to rival countries as a way to instigate war- to make better weapons, to fight bigger wars.
22. Through intelligence it was learned that many of the world's powers had their own crashes as well.
23. Once it became clear to those in charge that The Others were real and that they were interested in instigating wars, The Cover-up and The Game began.
24. The US government began a multi-level game of secrecy to attempt to prevent the spread of information and tech to hostile countries and also attempt to hide what the knew from The Others.
25. When UFO crashes were recovered, secret facilities were built far underground to try and reverse engineer the tech.
26. The Cold War was an actual conflict, but served as a pretense to build up its military capabilities without concerning The Others.
27. At times the Soviet Union and the US worked together on this issue and this is one of the main reasons the Cold War never went hot.
28. UFOs seem to have been very interested in Nukes.
29. In 1962 the high altitude nuclear test Starfish Prime we brought down our first UFO and learned the effect EMPs can have on UFOs. This was a major turning point for how the US government devised and implemented strategic nuclear policies.
30. Apollo moon landings: the conspiracy theory that they never happened was started to prevent people from arguing over what was actually seen there: UFOs.
31. UFOs often flew near nuclear missile sites and turned them on and off as an attempt to instigate conflict.
32. Reagan's SDI (Strategic Defense Initiative) was to deal with UFO phenomenon.
33. Our aggression against Iran, North Korea, etc, is because we are aware they have possess some advanced alien technologies now.
34. One of the reasons disclosure is happening now is because civilian aerospace companies will inevitably see structures on the moon and start asking questions.
35. Another reason disclosure is happening now is by design of The Others.
36. Tom and company have a long term plan to acquaint the public with this complex narrative. Phase 1 is just getting the public to treat UFOs seriously and convince everyone they are real without discussing what is behind them.

I don't believe the 'elders' who visited me had evil intentions like these Others who work with the government. Spirits and other energy beings can and do feed on emotions like hate and fear, and some of them do cultivate and revel in it. But note that the Grays from my memory fed on our curiosity too, and also remember that demons are far from the only stories we have of otherworldly beings. Not all of their interactions with us are feeding. Sometimes they just want to say something, chill, or pursue their own goals we'd have a hard time understanding. But when they do feed, they don't only have to do it with the emotions that feel bad to us. They can feed on happiness, pleasure, creativity, etc. too. They can farm those emotions, carefully pruning and weeding, and then when they harvest, they can do so joyfully and carefully, without causing damage. (I believe psilocybin works like this- pieces of mycelial network spirits compassionately grow then consume our excess ego energy, so that we can be more content, and usually in a fun way). Really, calling it "feeding" doesn't feel like it fits anymore at that point. It's more like symbiosis.

The point is, they don't have to harm us, just like we don't have to harm the other creatures of the earth as we live with them. It all depends on the choices they, and we, make.
--

Despite gaining this much understanding, there are still questions I don't have clear answers to yet (such as what message the 'elders' were trying to communicate, or why my guide called them that). I have my suspicions about answers, but this post has gone long and I really need a break. It was good to finally write down what happened after all these years, but also draining, as you can probably imagine. I will try to go into more if and when I figure it out though. Either way, thanks for this opportunity to talk about things. Hopefully it helps someone else process and figure things out too! As before, don't let the hater aliens get you down.

Orbs has issued a correction as of 15:56 on Jan 17, 2024

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This is a wonderful post my friend, thank you for sharing.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Sending gratitude to you, Klingon w Bowl Cut

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ty for posting

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I don't know if I have an interdimensional war in me, I'm very tired

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The only alien technology I want is a replicator. Ok and a holodeck. Keep your universal cute-alls and med beds, it will be good for us to come up with that stuff ourselves, build some character

e transporters. Worst case scenario, I'm instantly killed and my atomic clone has to deal with this poo poo

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I'm going to be thinking about aliens liking bluegrass music for a long time.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Inspector Hound posted:

The only alien technology I want is a replicator. Ok and a holodeck. Keep your universal cute-alls and med beds, it will be good for us to come up with that stuff ourselves, build some character

e transporters. Worst case scenario, I'm instantly killed and my atomic clone has to deal with this poo poo

i want one of their weird guitars

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

thank you Klingon Bowl Cut !!

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Maybe that's why the stereotype is that they pick up country folk. They want to learn how to use the banjo. All the space technology can't compete with a good old banjo duel.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

UFOTacoMan posted:

phalanx was a limited hangout:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Paralyzed in my bed as a Gray puts this thought in my head:
hey can you put on that "Rich Men North of Richmond" song?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Riot Bimbo posted:

, but in the meantime be good to your fellow humans and strive to uplift us wherever possible

I would say all living things not just humans but yes

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/AvirupMondal41/status/1747473839578304937

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

oh so UAPs have titles like cars, got it

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Won't buy your UFO if it has a lien on it, sorry!

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Thanks for the thanks and kind words everybody! I had a strong feeling this thread was the right place to share.

sharknado slashfic posted:

I don't know if I have an interdimensional war in me, I'm very tired
I understand, me too. But it seemed like that war was coming, whether I had it in me or not, so I decided to prepare. We don't have to fight it alone though. The spirits I've formed connections with have helped tremendously.

UFOTacoMan posted:

lmao, same. I'm going to play some at my funeral so that they feel welcome. e: maybe some fusion music with that sweet African stringed instrument mentioned.

Orbs has issued a correction as of 16:27 on Jan 17, 2024

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

it would be funny if this is the roundabout way that the "disclosure is a ruse to give weapons manufacturers more money" theory is true

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

I would say all living things not just humans but yes

When my empathy started to un-stunt and actually develop a bit ove the past five years, it started with humanity and like, I think most eyes that fall on this thread are ones that are probably less far along so vOv i wanna set the bar low enough they can climb but yeah this is actually it

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I tried listening to Astonishing Legends and for a podcast that's 2 hours long there was like maybe an hour of content gah

Whats some good weird stuff podcasts that aren't two annoying guys making lame jokes

They aren't even that annoying ok more just boring. Gah

I like Unexplained a lot but there's so many ads now gah

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I play banjo I'm so hosed

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

blatman posted:

i want one of their weird guitars

Ok three things

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:glomp: thank you

Riot Bimbo posted:

When my empathy started to un-stunt and actually develop a bit ove the past five years, it started with humanity and like, I think most eyes that fall on this thread are ones that are probably less far along so vOv i wanna set the bar low enough they can climb but yeah this is actually it

it's actually incredibly important that humans have empathy for non-humans. You're not wrong in trying to set attainable goals but I probably can't emphasize enough how much it matters that we care about and for things and people that aren't us

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

my bony fealty posted:

I tried listening to Astonishing Legends and for a podcast that's 2 hours long there was like maybe an hour of content gah

Whats some good weird stuff podcasts that aren't two annoying guys making lame jokes

They aren't even that annoying ok more just boring. Gah

I like Unexplained a lot but there's so many ads now gah

Where Did The Road Go is my favorite paranormal podcast. It can be kind of hit or miss, but the host & guests are earnest weirdos rather than failed comedians

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

how much does a UFO go for these days anyhow

but also if they seriously reintroduce the eminent domain bill, this poo poo is real as hell

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Israel needs these UFOs in order to defend themselves

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

Pretty long stretch of blue on the dot right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

UFOs are too stressful. Depending on whose earnest account you believe, the aliens are either good guys who want to help or we are their property or they want us to kill each other or they want to feed on my unhappiness or or or.