Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I miss the WWE Network live stream. Not so much anymore now that I've made my own with way more wrestling in it but I really think there's a lot of appeal in having old wrestling you can catch at any time. I have a lot of really good memories of my time in college just going over to a friend's house and watching random WCW shows back when the Network first launched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Legends House is the only content WWE should make, and was the jewel of the network

E: and that show where they sent corey graves to bronycon against his will that too

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I miss the WWE Network live stream. Not so much anymore now that I've made my own with way more wrestling in it but I really think there's a lot of appeal in having old wrestling you can catch at any time. I have a lot of really good memories of my time in college just going over to a friend's house and watching random WCW shows back when the Network first launched.

drat you for reminding me of your cool magic wrestling box. give it here

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Legends House is the only content WWE should make, and was the jewel of the network

E: and that show where they sent corey graves to bronycon against his will that too

my buddy and i stll say FLOCK O FLAMINGO FLOCK O FLAMINGO to each other

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That DICK! posted:

emf make the thread

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That DICK! posted:

Yeah I think about this often and want to learn how to do it one day when the weight of the world doesn’t feel so heavy

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

emf promised us all magic wrestling boxes. we all remember this happening

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
keep reading emf as eat my fuc

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

You're in luck; I've completed some personal stuff and finally have time to get started on the thread sooner rather than later. It is my hope that one day all of PSP has magic wrestling boxes because you all deserve them.

Also agreed on Legends House - I still think about Tony Atlas and his giant pot of pigs feet regularly.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

tfw you're the paul heyman of a new century

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

You're in luck; I've completed some personal stuff and finally have time to get started on the thread sooner rather than later. It is my hope that one day all of PSP has magic wrestling boxes because you all deserve them.

Also agreed on Legends House - I still think about Tony Atlas and his giant pot of pigs feet regularly.

WHAT BOX
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
I WANT A BOX
GIMME BOX

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Majinfoose posted:

WHAT BOX-LIKE STRUCTURE
WHAT'S IN THE BOX-LIKE STRUCTURE
I WANT A BOX-LIKE STRUCTURE
GIMME BOX-LIKE STRUCTURE

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I remember Piper cutting a promo on a blender that was giving him poo poo.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I don't know why streaming services haven't done more of that. It wouldn't be that hard to make something that will skim through their library and put on a random show or movie, interspersed with ads for their other content

Just make the Netflix channel, the Hulu channel, the prime channel. It can't be that much of a burden and would help with choice paralysis

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

pat patterson coming out of schrodingers closet was pretty funny

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

rotinaj posted:

I don't know why streaming services haven't done more of that. It wouldn't be that hard to make something that will skim through their library and put on a random show or movie, interspersed with ads for their other content

Just make the Netflix channel, the Hulu channel, the prime channel. It can't be that much of a burden and would help with choice paralysis

but if people aren't opting in to watching specific content then they wouldn't know how to ruthlessly optimize their content towards the lowest costs for the most eyeballs

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

but if people aren't opting in to watching specific content then they wouldn't know how to ruthlessly optimize their content towards the lowest costs for the most eyeballs

They would be able to harvest data about what made people tune into the Netflix channel and what made them tune out, what shows do well and what ones don't

:eng101:

This is one of those problems where it doesn’t make you direct profits this quarter, but can help long term growth and keep a business operating smoothly

But that doesn’t make Number Go Up, so…

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

rotinaj posted:

Pluto.tv is about as close as you're going to get to that. Which does have a wrestling channel, but as a result of some monkey's paw bargain it only shows Impact

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Dude just loves feet in all its forms

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

TYPE FASTER! :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn:

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
The R-Truth bumper definitely played after the 2015 Rumble. Everybody wanted Bryan to win, but Bray threw him out and then they framed DB's sad face with Golddust's SHATTERED DREAMS on the tron. Then Roman won and even The Rock couldn't stop all the pissed boos, then R-Truth danced across the screen. gently caress you, got your money..

I'm sure it happened after other dumb matches, but I wasn't watching anymore!

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I think it also played after that Seth/Fiend HIAC match where Seth got DQ’d

And so someone in the thread threw a red filter over the gif and let the emptyquotes ride

That gif is like a cornerstone of PSP

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

neoaxd posted:

Dude just loves feet in all its forms

*Tony Atlas belly laughs*

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

This seems to be where the R-Truth gif was requested, so it was the 2014 HIAC with a spooky ghost

also here's a better quality version (and an even bigger one, if you want)

https://i.imgur.com/I35p2fY.mp4

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Okuteru posted:

Is NXT still infested with Q Anon believers?

where wwe go one, wwe go all

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Whoolighams posted:

a group of people in a cult who endanger themselves under a man who is the ultimate cool guy in his own head, and Fight Club

Instead of burning your hand with lye you have to tear your ACL.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Erebus posted:

This seems to be where the R-Truth gif was requested, so it was the 2014 HIAC with a spooky ghost

I believe you mean a guest appearance from recording artist Hatsune Miku.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Trying posted:

where wwe go one, wwe go all

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Okuteru posted:

Is NXT still infested with Q Anon believers?

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1387828394616934400

maybe he was looking to make amends with the qanon stable while he was down there

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Wait is CM Punk a q truther? Please let that be the case, please please

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Count Thrashula posted:

he’s t-total because booze is essentially mouthwash is essentially toothpaste is essentially putting fluoride in the water

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Count Thrashula posted:

No, he just takes mark photos with them about how they're all his children

The real fun tweet irony will be in a few months when he joins miz in sucking the blood money cock, like a dork

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Count Thrashula posted:

he's a bog standard lib

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Oatgan used to have that r truth bumper as his av

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

No, he just takes mark photos with them about how they're all his children

The real fun tweet irony will be in a few months when he joins miz in sucking the blood money cock, like a dork

Cannot wait for him to be extremely assmad on social media about people daring to give him static over sucking that bloody moneycock

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

rotinaj posted:

Cannot wait for him to be extremely assmad on social media about people daring to give him static over sucking that bloody moneycock

He's just happy to be there

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Sucking cock, but in a lame way. Pathetic

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
If Seth is really out, it should be Rock vs. Roman on night 2 and for night 1 Punk, Cody, and I dunno LA Knight in a triple threat for the vacant participation belt. I think I'd find that funniest plausible outcome.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Punk should be booked for the Andre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Gavok posted:

Punk should be booked for the Andre.

Main event of the preshow on Night 1!