Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

there was this BBC documentary about this like, summer camp for kids with tourettes and one of them kept yelling "twin towers". that kid FTW

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the trump thread has once again has harassed a queer woman into silence.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
it's not even "i have epilepsy" as a nebulous cudgel, it's "i am speaking for epileptics, one of whom i've contacted to inform me if i'm actually right" lmao

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Fajita Queen posted:

MNC ruled and it sucked so bad how dirty it got done.

Truth.
I have almost 1000 hours in smnc, and miss the hell out of it.
I think there's occasionally a match on steam in mnc classic. Look up the group "hotshots forever", if you want a ping when someone is trying to get a match going.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

it's not even "i have epilepsy" as a nebulous cudgel, it's "i am speaking for epileptics, one of whom i've contacted to inform me if i'm actually right" lmao

Dude's fine, he was lookin for info

The guy he asked though, that's a rabbit hole

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Leal posted:

The probe script doesn't know that!

The one that doesn't exist?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's cool when the devs abandoned the second game and some guy who was just a mod on their forums got emailed the source code and told it's his job to continue game dev on it.

Wait, what? Who was that?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

TheSwizzler posted:

It's true, SuplexLiberace's character got deleted after a crash and I was like "well, poo poo, Mr. Nice hasn't been booked in a minute"

PSP (real) has fallen apart

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

the science behind what triggers photo-sensitive epilepsy is understood and there's a known threshold for triggering even in the most extreme cases that is still faster then most people think it is.

Seizures can be triggered by certain patterns or color contrast its just everyone's seen the movie/tv version of a strobe light causing someone to collapse and shake so that's the only thing they know about it.

when the QCS thread tried to accuse arf of attempted murder for the strobing gif they also claimed that people get seizures from car blinkers which is total bullshit

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

Right now I only play Soraka and my 14 year account is still 2 levels from being able to DuoStomp ranked iron chumps. But I’ll keep my ear out.

i was trying to hook up up with latina baddies that cant get enough of frumpy cargo short white boys at Shepards. you ghost me again imma start ro think you just dont like me

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ilmucche posted:

RIP.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pentyne posted:

the science behind what triggers photo-sensitive epilepsy is understood and there's a known threshold for triggering even in the most extreme cases that is still faster then most people think it is.

Seizures can be triggered by certain patterns or color contrast its just everyone's seen the movie/tv version of a strobe light causing someone to collapse and shake so that's the only thing they know about it.

when the QCS thread tried to accuse arf of attempted murder for the strobing gif they also claimed that people get seizures from car blinkers which is total bullshit

And people that really do have epilepsy already have things installed on their computer to prevent issues.

They don’t just yolo it and hope for the best.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think there actually are specific standards about flashing images that like, television stations have to follow after the Pokemon incident.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

i'm writign a thrilelr novel about america's enemies utilizing cyber warfare to make tesla taillights blink so fast thst they give drivers seizures

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Stux posted:

defeated by trump thread lol

Lmao drat you hate to see it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They still will not free my boy Porygon...

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think there actually are specific standards about flashing images that like, television stations have to follow after the Pokemon incident.

yes but the pokemon incident was a lot less about epilepsy than people claim. most of the people who had medical events from that episode had headaches or nausea, which is a thing that epilepsy can do before seizures but is also a not unusual or otherwise noteworthy reaction to looking at strobing colors for a bit

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

TheSwizzler posted:

Dude's fine, he was lookin for info

The guy he asked though, that's a rabbit hole

oh i was referring to the "i checked with the ___ people i advocated for" stuff generally

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

All I know about the epilepsy expert guy is that his "let's talk about epilepsy" thread is in GiP for some reason and I wish I knew why

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ilmucche posted:

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
you know when everyone was saying there was a machine irl designed to make epileptic people have seizures and they put it in cyberpunk 2077 on purpose and it was proof of the game's secret hateful agenda was any of that based in any fact or was it just like, people being dramatic

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
porygon was canceled for somethign pikachu did smh

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

CountryMatters posted:

you know when everyone was saying there was a machine irl designed to make epileptic people have seizures and they put it in cyberpunk 2077 on purpose and it was proof of the game's secret hateful agenda was any of that based in any fact or was it just like, people being dramatic

I really wanted to leave this in my past, but as the cat seems out of the bag, i guess it's time to speak up about my experience with Porygon

e: curse u, butt head!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CountryMatters posted:

I think what actually happened was someone posted that they had a seizure, and this led to insane poo poo like the lab who posted it getting harassed endlessly

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

porygon was canceled for somethign pikachu did smh

my friend has this button lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think what actually happened was someone posted that they had a seizure, and this led to insane poo poo like the lab who posted it getting harassed endlessly

Some reviewer claimed she had a seizure not once but twice because of that part.

She claimed that the seizures were so bad that they knocked her out for the rest of the day each time.

People rightfully asked why if her seizures are that bad doesn’t she have any preventative measures installed on her computer but there was nothing more on that.

Just giving my self two major seizures for the sake of games journalism.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

insane anime posted:

i was trying to hook up up with latina baddies that cant get enough of frumpy cargo short white boys at Shepards. you ghost me again imma start ro think you just dont like me

Lmfao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

MarcusSA posted:

Some reviewer claimed she had a seizure not once but twice because of that part.

She claimed that the seizures were so bad that they knocked her out for the rest of the day each time.

People rightfully asked why if her seizures are that bad doesn’t she have any preventative measures installed on her computer but there was nothing more on that.

Real journalists make sacrifices. I believe her reporting.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I lost a family member to epilepsy and I’d hate to think one of you MFers was strong enough to defeat them. 🔫

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

doesn't every game have an epilepsy warning in the startup screen?

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

MarcusSA posted:

Uh huh.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I lost a family member to epilepsy and I’d hate to think one of you MFers was strong enough to defeat them. 🔫

Get on easy bots or your a fake gamer

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The epilepsy thread is in GiP because it was enough of a derail in a GiP Current Events thread that posters encouraged the person to start a thread

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's about ethics in seizure having

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
saying "twin towers" to the tune of "versace"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the GiP epilepsy thread

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

You found this on kotakuinaction.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You found this on kotakuinaction.

lets kill him!!!!!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

wot would this even entail lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ilmucche posted:

we're teammates now apparently. swizz walked in the changing room and went "you and you" and off we went

Are you shake or are you bake?