Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Bryce young lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MrMidnight posted:

Bryce young lol

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Panthers fans are gonna have to forever deal with this aren't they

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Kirios posted:

Looks to me in the moment like the whole Ryan Leaf/Peyton Manning conversation again.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kirios posted:

If things stay as they are, yeah.

I've accepted it

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A lot changes in a year in the NFL.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

BlindSite posted:

A lot changes in a year in the NFL.

Feels like puberty would've already hit though.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Bryce needs to spend the offseason working with a QB coach like Tom House or Adam Dedeaux.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Maybe wander down to the crossroads at midnight.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

BiggerBoat posted:

Looks to me in the moment like the whole Ryan Leaf/Peyton Manning conversation again.

Well the Chargers hit on three QBs in a row after that (even if they let the first one walk) so I'm sure Panthers fans would take a repeat of it

Shinji2015 posted:

I've accepted it

If they remain stuck in QB limbo for the next decade then yes

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 18, 2024

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Shinji2015 posted:

I've accepted it

Yea, looks like this and the Deshaun Watson trade are shaping up to be this era’s Ricky Williams/herschel walker, especially if the bears hit on qb with that pick (lol obv won’t happen but). People will forget about the Trey lance trade, cause niners success, so maybe also russ trade? Bears, trubs, mahomes, feels like too much hindsight, and the bears would’ve ruined mahomes etc

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Or they could do the right thing and dump Bryce.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I don't think I'll ever get over the Niners stumble dicking their way into their guy like they have.

At least I had the LoB and peak Scoregon for awhile there. That was a spoiled time.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Nervous posted:

I don't think I'll ever get over the Niners stumble dicking their way into their guy like they have.

At least I had the LoB and peak Scoregon for awhile there. That was a spoiled time.

You had Russell Wilson as a third round pick after backing up the money truck for Matt Flynn :shrug:

(I was really looking forward to watching Matt Flynn nosedive your team into the ground)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This is some tff.txt lol.

From a qb that needs some work, some help, a new coach and was comparable to about 5 other qbs who went on to success. Moderate or otherwise to the worst draft bust of all time in the space of a week.

Like a sewing circle.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bryce not being as good as CJ is no reason to give up on him. After all, no QB is as good as CJ

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

AR12 is going to make CJ an also ran.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

who's gonna knit Bryce some child size mittens to keep him warm in the offseason

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I personally can’t wait to watch Anthony Richardson ball out when he comes back. He had something cooking and the film was backing it up. All he needs is just more reps being honest.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Hard disagree. Richardson isn't gonna be a real NFL QB barring some divine intervention that makes him less of a dummy and less delicate. Dude's been a terrible QB who's constantly dinged up for his entire college career. The fact that he couldn't make it through more than a single full game without coming out in his first season isn't remotely inspiring. I do think Steichen is a good enough coach to smoke and mirrors some poo poo to make him look decent for a bit but no i dont think he's ever gonna be the guy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cant wait for the 4 games Anthony Richardson plays next year, only 2 of which he plays all offensive snaps of

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Minshew mania part deux

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

The Seahawks are going to trade Geno for him wherever he gets hurt next, then he'll get better and take over the league, just you wait and see.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

BiggerBoat posted:

Chargers would have taken Peyton if they'd been able to get the 1st pick though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol Bryce compares favorably to 5 qbs who went on to be great. Talking about Steve young like Bryce’s career wouldn’t be measured in quarters if you put him into the nfl in the early nineties. As awful as the hits Bryce took this year looked, that was with defenders trying not to land on him, pull him, or hit him in the open field. You have to be desperate to compare him to a guy who had to worry about bill romanowski coming through. Also he’d get all his wide receivers killed with hospital balls over the middle.

This is looking more like a parody of Jeffersonlives comparing mark sanchez to John elway.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If Bryce was drafted in the third round he would be unceremoniously dumped this off season.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Hard disagree. Richardson isn't gonna be a real NFL QB barring some divine intervention that makes him less of a dummy and less delicate. Dude's been a terrible QB who's constantly dinged up for his entire college career. The fact that he couldn't make it through more than a single full game without coming out in his first season isn't remotely inspiring. I do think Steichen is a good enough coach to smoke and mirrors some poo poo to make him look decent for a bit but no i dont think he's ever gonna be the guy.

I liked what I saw when he was available, but I think his durability seems to be a fatal flaw.

Then again, I said that about Tua.

And tua his credit he turned what I thought was a weakness and got through an entire NFL season without being injured.

Richardson's season left me wanting more. A player like Sam Howell left me saying, "ENOUGH."

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

pasaluki posted:

I liked what I saw when he was available, but I think his durability seems to be a fatal flaw.

Then again, I said that about Tua.

And tua his credit he turned what I thought was a weakness and got through an entire NFL season without being injured.

Richardson's season left me wanting more. A player like Sam Howell left me saying, "ENOUGH."

Yeah, more reason for optimism than pessimism with Richardson..however slight.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

This is looking more like a parody of Jeffersonlives comparing mark sanchez to John elway.

...because they were both left handed? I'm struggling to think of anything else.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

If Bryce was drafted in the third round he would be unceremoniously dumped this off season.

yep

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I personally can’t wait to watch Anthony Richardson ball out when he comes back. He had something cooking and the film was backing it up. All he needs is just more reps being honest.

Wat

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I don't watch much CFB so I looked up some 2022 Alabama games.on Youtube to see what Young looked like. I picked Bama vs LSU randomly and... it looked like Bryce Young of this year? He didn't throw downfield much, missed a lot of throws, footwork still bad. Not what I was expecting.

I probably just happened to pick his worst game but maybe that game should have been scrutinized more

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I remember when Bryce won his Heisman it really just felt like "really? nobody else did poo poo this year so just give it to the bama qb by default?"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Alaois posted:

I remember when Bryce won his Heisman it really just felt like "really? nobody else did poo poo this year so just give it to the bama qb by default?"

In the regular season he threw for 3900 yards, 40 TDs and 4 interceptions on an 11-1 team. Not an insane season but a pretty reasonable Heisman winner.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

AndrewP posted:

I don't watch much CFB so I looked up some 2022 Alabama games.on Youtube to see what Young looked like. I picked Bama vs LSU randomly and... it looked like Bryce Young of this year? He didn't throw downfield much, missed a lot of throws, footwork still bad. Not what I was expecting.

I probably just happened to pick his worst game but maybe that game should have been scrutinized more

It was one of his worst games. LSU was in the backfield a lot that game. His receivers were also a big step down for the previous five years or so of what Bama had been running out there.

And sure, there’s some logic to the idea that you should scrutinize a players worst game but there also how you ended up with really bad projections for CJ Stroud based on how he looked against Michigan and Northwestern.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

In the regular season he threw for 3900 yards, 40 TDs and 4 interceptions on an 11-1 team. Not an insane season but a pretty reasonable Heisman winner.

That was a "let's give the Heisman to the QB on the best team" year but no one wanted to give the Heisman to Stetson Bennett so it went to Bryce instead.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Stetson would have sold it for coke money by now.

Would still take him over Bryce.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

That was a "let's give the Heisman to the QB on the best team" year but no one wanted to give the Heisman to Stetson Bennett so it went to Bryce instead.

Stetson threw for under 2,000 yards in the regular season and wasn't even 100% secure in the starting job in the early part of the season. 2022 is the genuine Stetson Bennett Heisman campaign. Stroud and Kenny Pickett (lol) were the other finalists with a bone thrown to Aidan Hutchinson (should've been Kenneth Walker).

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Relentlessboredomm posted:

You can talk about his injury concerns but when he was playing he was playing really really well.

If he stays healthy he's gonna be a beast. The second half against the Rams was a great look into what I think the Colts want him to develop into full time. And he was killing the Texans before he got concussed.

Steichen will definitely get the most out of him and coach him up. So it's just a matter of consistency and staying healthy. Maybe he is gonna be snakebitten and never healthy, and that would suck, but I think he showed he's got all the tools and ability to put it all together so long as he can stay on the field.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Codependent Poster posted:

You can talk about his injury concerns but when he was playing he was playing really really well.

If he stays healthy he's gonna be a beast. The second half against the Rams was a great look into what I think the Colts want him to develop into full time. And he was killing the Texans before he got concussed.

Steichen will definitely get the most out of him and coach him up. So it's just a matter of consistency and staying healthy. Maybe he is gonna be snakebitten and never healthy, and that would suck, but I think he showed he's got all the tools and ability to put it all together so long as he can stay on the field.

He’s played like 2.75 games, I think it’s a little early to declare that he’s showed enough of anything. Everyone knew he was a physical freak and could make great plays, nobody knew if he could do it consistently and stay healthy. None of that has changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

"If he stays healthy" I say about my QB who couldn't stay healthy in college despite being the size of a linebacker and got hurt twice in less than three games