Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

aarstar
Mar 7, 2004
FML

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
HAHA, this offseason rules

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

:lol:

Surely this time Wile E will catch the Road Runner!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Jason Garret got 10 years, surely Fat Mike deserves at least that much.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
10 years of the clapper. McCarthy is going into year 5?

Will Jerruh even make it another 5 years?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

this is worse than the playoff loss, lol

the only way this looks not like total poo poo is that the cowboys getting their doors blown off was jordan love arriving on the scene and announcing his arrival, followed by them crushing the 49ers and moving up beyond that. even then, fml

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 18, 2024

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

biceps crimes posted:

this is even better than the playoff loss, lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'm more worried that if Quinn doesn't get a HC job he'll be the DC again

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Guessing this all but means Bill B is going to Atlanta if Jerry couldn't pry him away

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

indigi posted:

I'm more worried that if Quinn doesn't get a HC job he'll be the DC again

Yeah absolute doomsday scenario

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Putting aside whether or not they deserve to be fired honestly how many coaches have ever been let go after making the playoffs? Especially consistently? Marty on the 14-2 Chargers and...I'm struggling to come up with anyone else.

Staley survived the disaster last season and he achieved far less than either Sirianni or McCarthy. Seeing either guy let go was always a longer shot than the angry fans in here want to admit

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
https://x.com/JJWatt/status/1747428449982304355?s=20

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Febreeze posted:

Putting aside whether or not they deserve to be fired honestly how many coaches have ever been let go after making the playoffs? Especially consistently? Marty on the 14-2 Chargers and...I'm struggling to come up with anyone else.

Staley survived the disaster last season and he achieved far less than either Sirianni or McCarthy. Seeing either guy let go was always a longer shot than the angry fans in here want to admit

With the Cowboys, the stated goal from everyone from Jerry to McCarthy to Dak to the janitor was "we have to make it past the divisional round, bare minimum."

They failed to do so to such an extent that I don't think anyone would have been surprised by heads rolling. It is a complete failure across the board. Any other organization and McCarthy is fired, but Jerry can feel the cold breath of the grim reaper creeping up on him and he's becoming increasingly desperate.

Belichick wouldn't have been the worst idea if it didn't mean bringing in yet another new offensive scheme for the extremely unclutch QB to figure out.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

2024 NFCE champion commies, I guess

Nah, Cowboys are still gonna be really good at winning the division, that's not the issue. They'll just lose to like a revived Cardinals team or something immediately.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Gully Foyle posted:

Nah, Cowboys are still gonna be really good at winning the division, that's not the issue. They'll just lose to like a revived Cardinals team or something immediately.
Can’t win the division twice in a row, that’s just science.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

blarzgh posted:

I'm back from self-imposed posting exile, born anew from my chrysalis of shame, get your shots in

I really wanted to but after last weekend I’m still in the refractory period

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

biceps crimes posted:

this is worse than the playoff loss, lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Starting to think that maybe, just maybe, Jerry Jones hates the Dallas Cowboys as much as everyone else on the planet.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Not only are the Cowboys dogshit garbage, they're dumb as hell too. :sigh:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Given Jerry took 3 days, there's a chance he used contacts to gauge if he had a shot at Harbaugh, Belichick, etc. If an obvious upgrade wasn't a near lock, then I could see Jerry & Co preferring running it back over hiring an inexperienced guy with a new system.

Dallas' D needs work, no doubt, but the offense only needs a bit of tweaking to maintain its standing.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Soooooo as of this morning supposedly Sirianni hasn't met with Lurie yet. Tweet below is from yesterday but still plenty applicable.

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/1747802954373968159

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kelce and Fletch gone

https://twitter.com/howardeskin/status/1747983560739299792

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Fletch is about to be a free agent so I don't think that's entirely unexpected. He could be back, but he probably won't be. I'd be more alarmed if he did that while still under contract

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ESPN's defense of the McCarthy retention is "it's the last year on his contract, don't be mean" https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39323534/dallas-cowboys-mike-mccarthy-fired-jerry-jones-next

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

BiggerBoat posted:

I'll do you one better.

I'm old enough to remember the years BEFORE he bought the team and I'm in no hurry to return to that poo poo anytime soon. I trust Howie and Jeff.

Best Eagles owner of the Super Bowl era by dint of not trying to move the team to Phoenix or charging players for replacement socks

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
You can count on one hand the number of teams that have had a quarter-century as competitive/productive as the Eagles. Part of the refrain around here when Philly fans were talking about how busted the team was this season — before everyone realized how completely right we were — was "you people are spoiled and don't understand what a bad team looks like," and it's hard to argue with the first part.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Looking back it's crazy to think Braman Tose nearly succeeded in pulling a Baltimore Colts until I think the Inquirer sniffed it out in the 11th hour

shyduck fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 18, 2024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Firing coaches “early” is part of the success story

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

shyduck posted:

Looking back it's crazy to think Braman nearly succeeded in pulling a Baltimore Colts until I think the Inquirer sniffed it out in the 11th hour

Leonard Tose. He was gonna move them to pay off his gambling debts

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Oh that's right, Braman was the next guy. Supposedly Tose died broke.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

shyduck posted:

Oh that's right, Braman was the next guy. Supposedly Tose died broke.

Yeah, I think Jaworski and some other players had to put him up in a hotel and pay for his medical care the last decade of his life. It's a really sad story. :smith:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

He left behind his bottle of wine. Or maybe it's champagne. In which case it'll probably be sitting there for a good while I think.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm glad he left that ugly hat behind

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Who the gently caress is going to want to work with Sirianni at this point? Unless you get some up and coming coordinators who magically fix all of these problems and just need the chance to prove they're any good–at which point they'll just immediately leave and you end up in the same situation as you are right now–it's just a real shitshow of a situation.

I'm glad there's still hope he's gone, because I think if you run a straw poll you'd get at least 75% of the fanbase wanting him out. Might be higher at this point. If they had been inconsistent throughout the season and maybe finished out strong like the Bills did (but still lost in the wildcard round), you might be having a slightly different discussion. But they didn't do that, and instead went 1-5 to finish out the regular season, blowing two games on last minute drives that they should have otherwise won comfortably, got blown out by a horrible Giants team to finish the season, and then got embarrassed by a lovely Bucs team in the wildcard round.

Player performance matters, but it's on the coaching staff to help get the best out of their deficiencies and they made zero adjustments to fix their very clear flaws, probably because they huffed their own 10-1 farts without seeing the very real issues that existed (and to some extent the non-Eagles fans who kept ignoring our saying that they were frauds up until a few weeks ago).

I just don't know how you keep him around and expect to do any better next season.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1748014504703590764?s=46

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Too real

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triple sulk posted:

Who the gently caress is going to want to work with Sirianni at this point? Unless you get some up and coming coordinators who magically fix all of these problems and just need the chance to prove they're any good–at which point they'll just immediately leave and you end up in the same situation as you are right now–it's just a real shitshow of a situation.

I'm glad there's still hope he's gone, because I think if you run a straw poll you'd get at least 75% of the fanbase wanting him out. Might be higher at this point. If they had been inconsistent throughout the season and maybe finished out strong like the Bills did (but still lost in the wildcard round), you might be having a slightly different discussion. But they didn't do that, and instead went 1-5 to finish out the regular season, blowing two games on last minute drives that they should have otherwise won comfortably, got blown out by a horrible Giants team to finish the season, and then got embarrassed by a lovely Bucs team in the wildcard round.

Player performance matters, but it's on the coaching staff to help get the best out of their deficiencies and they made zero adjustments to fix their very clear flaws, probably because they huffed their own 10-1 farts without seeing the very real issues that existed (and to some extent the non-Eagles fans who kept ignoring our saying that they were frauds up until a few weeks ago).

I just don't know how you keep him around and expect to do any better next season.

:agreed: completely

For as much as the Eagles fans have ragged on the Cowboys fans and vice versa, they're in very similar situations all around (a coach that has to go for any hope of a chance at improvement, a team that gave up in January with no rational defense behind "why", the warning signs being visible, and an affordable contention window with their QB that's rapidly closing)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

It hasn't even been a week.

It hasn't even been round 2.

Say nothing, you dumb gently caress!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The eagles have been very successful at getting their coordinators HC positions so I think that reputation will override

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Humiliating

https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/1748019306682888553?t=Zdv9Weux7FBHNjes5Aes-A&s=19