Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
How god drat dense does Gunther have to be? :v: This is like a lesson for children! I thought I'd be happier if everything went my way but now I'm sad that she's unfulfilled! Hmmm yes making the super extrovert with a successful social hobby/career abandon it for you is going poorly, big surprise.

I keep wondering how successful Bets was. The only number I recall offhand is "million" but that seems like somebody stupid like Luann saying it just for exaggeration. WOW SHE'S GOT A MILLION FOLLOWERS. Actually being that popular would probably be a serious financial hit to cancel it and vanish from the scene on a moment's notice.

Jucika "506 - Jucika And The Life Saver" NSFW Nudity

"507 - Jucika And The Winter Clothing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
In this comic, two "adults" struggle to discover the concepts of moderation and compromise.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The very easy compromise where she can still do it without putting the entirety of their lives on display and instead putting healthy boundaries between her private and professional lives

Like it's not even a loving compromise it's how you avoid your job making you crazy

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 3/6-8/52

Sumer is icumen in.

Archie 4/18-20/49

Billet-doux.

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 11/28/76

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

goatface posted:

In this comic, two "adults" struggle to discover the concepts of moderation and compromise.

Whoever it was that first noted that the comic never really moved out of middle school was dead on the money.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

I think a relevant Fingerpori comic could go here but I don't have it.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

She heard 'em fuckin'

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

kazz posted:

I feel like I remember someone joking that Mr. Boomer is Tillman from the future, and this strip seems to be reinforcing that. :tinfoil:

He's here to protect Tillman from causing the bad timeline.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

The hell is that raccoon doing

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Julet Esqu posted:

His best.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Julet Esqu posted:

Acting unusual. Better be careful, that's a possible sign of rabies.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

It's a little boy in a raccoon suit.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
New Flash Gordon moves quickly and doesn't belabor plot points like most soap strips, but if we were in for another week purely of Ming II being drunk and catty I'd be here for it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

My Lovely Horse posted:

"Well, kids, Wildcard won out, and we drew Blasted from the hat. I guess next year we'll specify 'chosen from the three above' but for now it's probably best if your parents sit this one out."
It occurs to me that the wildcard is a really bad option to have in this poll. The people who vote for it presumably have no strong preference and should just not vote because if it wins it's got a two in three chance of making a lot of people very angry and potentially only pleasing a small minority.

Mokotow posted:

Is "Dustin's life sucks" a thing forever, like "Garfield likes lasagna"?
Yep. That's the comic. :shrug:

Endless Mike posted:

THORN, March 5-8, 1983

I've read all of these so far and this comic loving sucks. It's got a real early 2000s webcomic vibe. It's basically (pre-TERF) Sinfest.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (February 17-21, 2005)

Poor Erin :(

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Another interesting day, but I'm dedicated to at least giving you the short version.

Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (January 3, 1936)

Peanuts (January 19, 1977)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (August 21, 1940)

Mousetrapped

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

EasyEW posted:

Mousetrapped

Okay I've tried to give it some time, but what is the point of this strip. Is it to prove that you can do something even less interesting with public domain properties than lazy horror adaptations? Perhaps I'm being uncharitable or impatient but so far it's not saying anything meaningful about, or doing anything meaningful with, early Disney characters, it's just yet another group of interchangeable talking heads wandering around saying Milholland Dialogue at each other.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Big Nate

I normally hate love triangles but in this case I kind of appreciate that Chad is at the center of it. Weird kids with some kind of learning disability deserve to experience bullshit romance cliches too.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I am also on tenterhooks re. WAR.

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Tiggum posted:

I've read all of these so far and this comic loving sucks. It's got a real early 2000s webcomic vibe. It's basically (pre-TERF) Sinfest.

Read Bone instead if you haven't already, this is basically just a (fairly inferior in my opinion) early prototype

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

ukonvasara posted:

Okay I've tried to give it some time, but what is the point of this strip. Is it to prove that you can do something even less interesting with public domain properties than lazy horror adaptations? Perhaps I'm being uncharitable or impatient but so far it's not saying anything meaningful about, or doing anything meaningful with, early Disney characters, it's just yet another group of interchangeable talking heads wandering around saying Milholland Dialogue at each other.

Its hilarious that they put a disclaimer at the bottom of their extremely boring comic while tails got trolled and Mr boop exists

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Larryb posted:

Read Bone instead if you haven't already, this is basically just a (fairly inferior in my opinion) early prototype

Yeah I adore Bone and Thorn is missing most of the charm and appeal, it definitely feels like Smith still figuring out what exactly he wanted to make

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I have enjoyed this Crabgrass friendship litigation story

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Elsewhere: New comic on the page.

If there's goon demand I'll post it, but otherwise I probably post too much poo poo already. :v:

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Legend of Bill

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

ukonvasara posted:

I've never read this guys previous comics (something positive?), only this and popeye and now I think I hate him and would probably his other comics too.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (February 14, 2002)

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Bone is wildly overrated. Zippy owns. Randy Milholland is incapable of not being Randy Milholland. Come at me as you will.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So they helped a dangerous criminal avoid justice because it server their financial interests. Somehow they're still the good guys.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Haifisch posted:

Mexikid Stories

Ha-ha! Child Labour!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Haifisch posted:

Elsewhere: New comic on the page.

If there's goon demand I'll post it, but otherwise I probably post too much poo poo already. :v:

:justpost:

I remember reading Kudzu as a kid, and as I recall, it's not horrible. It would be fun to see it again.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Apr. 23, 1961)

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

what if Dr. Rex Morgan, MD had to give Rene a sponge bath ha ha just kidding

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Alhazred posted:

So they helped a dangerous criminal avoid justice because it server their financial interests. Somehow they're still the good guys.
Listen, did they help a notorious serial murderer lie low while also doing bare minimum due diligence to keep future victims safe from him while also letting him make a mockery of the justice system by letting his double die behind bars? Yes. Is the industrialized rapacious murder company now being headed by a substantially more ruthless strategist who wants to commit genocide on her own species because she's a race-faking traitor? Also yes.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/17/04

Brenda Starr 6/16-18/52

Smokey Stover 4/5/59

Everyday Movies 2/26/37

"Before I check my bag, can you tell me if it's raining outside, and do you think I need my rubbers?"

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 12/14-16/42

Closer Than We Think! 4/5/59

Selachian fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 19, 2024

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You really have nothing else to do right now, uh, Scarlet?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Selachian posted:

Closer Than We Think! 3/5/59

Hmm. Yes. Spraying oil over the ocean. That is a fantastic idea.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Post-Crimble Fuckaround

Bringing Your Child To The Investment Meeting To Psych Out The Others

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Hold the phone, why is Arn not heir?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Selachian posted: