Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dabir posted:

Oh, I thought he was on about some nuts new toy gimmick where they split in two and keep going.

I don't really get it, it's not the explicit gimmick, but beyblades as of like 3 gimmicks ago are now capable of losing some parts and keep going, and they spin so fast that the parts that fly off are pretty strong projectiles. It's not something that you can rely on, but with the surge of beyblade clips lately those instances have been getting seen. The current gimmick is that there's ridges along the edges of the beyblade stadium and on the base of the top, so they just get faster and faster making for a super aggressive game. I'm considering buying some once this iteration (beyblade X) comes to the west.

https://twitter.com/TeamAvalonSG/status/1746187123731177745

ONE OK ROCK also does the OP for the Beyblade X anime in japan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaUWfrHNq4U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah I've been thinking about getting into X as well. They're taking their sweet time importing it, though.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Dabir posted:

Oh, I thought he was on about some nuts new toy gimmick where they split in two and keep going.

oh, i seem to remember pat bringing that up and woolie referencing the Surge OP offhandedly

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If mori calliope is a fan of woolie's, he has a golden opportunity to have a significant guest on get into fighting games for guilty gear

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Captain Invictus posted:

If mori calliope is a fan of woolie's, he has a golden opportunity to have a significant guest on get into fighting games for guilty gear

Ah the n word using white girl rapper would be great for a woolie stream. I'm sure that'd go well.

You're dumb and should stop talking about vtubers.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
E: you aren't worth it

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jan 18, 2024

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Ah the n word using white girl rapper would be great for a woolie stream. I'm sure that'd go well.

I'm pretty sure Woolie would find this hilarious considering his love for casual accidental racism. See "are you going to be the black parent or the normal parent" from Pat.

Admittedly Pat is a long term friend. But the idea that a white girl rapper who uses the N Word is somehow not a thing Woolie would at least be amused by potentially seems wrong.

choopercabra
Aug 8, 2006
I like the hololive en ladies well enough and I haven’t heard about any “n word” incident (nor do I really care to investigate further). But I don’t think every streamer I watch has to collaborate with every other streamer I happen to watch.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

out of pocket meltdown

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

no dont you see she said a word once (what word? in what context? /shrug) now she's cancelled forever

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Pull up thread

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Despite repeat attempts by the Vtuber watchers to get him into it by submitting painfully mid clips for the slopstreams, it seems like Woolie just does not care much for Vtubers either way.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MorningMoon posted:

out of pocket meltdown

no that's just regular zen

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

I'm pretty sure Woolie would find this hilarious considering his love for casual accidental racism. See "are you going to be the black parent or the normal parent" from Pat.

I think 'accidental' isn't really applicable in her case which is why I think it's not really a good fit for a collab.

Indecisive posted:

no dont you see she said a word once (what word? in what context? /shrug) now she's cancelled forever

You think she's changed at all? Cause I've been forced to listen to her songs and I don't think she's broken out of that mold.

It's not out of pocket annoyance either, I've had to watch Invictus bring vtuber poo poo up in multiple unrelated threads and get told to stop it in almost all of them.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 18, 2024

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Having a real one

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

I think 'accidental' isn't really applicable in her case which is why I think it's not really a good fit for a collab.

You think she's changed at all? Cause I've been forced to listen to her songs and I don't think she's broken out of that mold.

It's not out of pocket annoyance either, I've had to watch Invictus bring vtuber poo poo up in multiple unrelated threads and get told to stop it in almost all of them.

it was one completely anondyne post, who cares. chill out

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Then use the ignore function. I was talking about something mentioned on the podcast and you came in swinging.

I think you should probably do some self reflection if everyone's reaction to you is "yeah zmb is always super aggro like this" or "Jesus, chill out"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Then use the ignore function. I was talking about something mentioned on the podcast and you came in swinging.

I think you should probably do some self reflection if everyone's reaction to you is "yeah zmb is always super aggro like this" or "Jesus, chill out"

I think you should too if you're repeatedly being asked to stop talking about a topic you keep bringing up in threads everywhere.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

choopercabra posted:

But I don’t think every streamer I watch has to collaborate with every other streamer I happen to watch.

Yeah, streamers-I-like collabs are one of those things that when it happens out of nowhere (like Eyepatch Wolf/Game Grumps), it's cool, but it's never something I'm demanding.

Having said that, occasionally I do wish that some streamers would be more willing to do collabs. Like, I think Max is a big enough streamer to where he could get some other big streamers together for the purpose of getting more eyes on fighting games, but Max is clearly not interested in expanding outside of his bubble. Which is fine, he doesn't need to do it, but sometimes it feels like he's missing out

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Neo_Crimson posted:

Pull up thread

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Given that Woolie was there to witness it when Matt and Pat's relationship collapsed while they were still working together I would guess maybe he's a little cautious about collaboration and tying himself to other content creators. I mean he's been developing a really close friendship with EW for years before they decided to do a podcast together.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Nose down thread, I need my Giant Bomb drama slap fight for no reason fix.

What are non parent folks’ stance on kid talk on the podcast. I enjoy it but I’m also tolerant of fite game talk despite not giving the slightest poo poo about them.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Love it solely because it feels nice to hear some "oh this kid is never turning out normal" discussion which is funny, not sad. It's like a sitcom. Pat describing raising a child is very sitcomesque.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Outside of that joke vtuber avatar he gave himself, I don't see Woolie collabing with vtubers. If he wanted to he probably could, but it doesn't feel like it's in his wheelhouse.

Could totally see him going on Please Stop Talking with Sir Meow or maybe cameo-ing on their TTRPG actual play game and not understanding a drat thing. And hell, I'd listen to that, too. Every time Woolie approaches TTRPGs is hilarious to me. Whether it's his mystification at "GURPS" as a term, the fact that his only point of reference for Dungeons & Dragons is the Dragonlance novels and how badass he thinks Raistlin is, or the way he integrates fighting game techology into his subobtimal Baldur's Gate strategies.

:perfect:

SkeletonHero posted:

This is actually how 4th edition did it.

Eh, kinda sorta. 4e's roles are more about looking at the fighter, wizard, rogue, and cleric, and systematizing what makes those the iconic archetypes of dungeon crawling. They're conceits that the games have always had, but trying to be clearer about what role each class plays in the game.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

you are literally the only person who told him to stop you absolute shitbitch. shut the gently caress you idiot drama whore i dont give a poo poo about your vtuber phobia

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nuns with Guns posted:

Outside of that joke vtuber avatar he gave himself, I don't see Woolie collabing with vtubers. If he wanted to he probably could, but it doesn't feel like it's in his wheelhouse.
I was more thinking as a one-off guest on GIFG like he's done before with various folks, but most of those have been in person now that I think about it so I guess that wouldn't work if he wouldn't do it online.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Going back to Bayblade for a sec, the whole first generation (if your of an age you are absolutely hearing the theme song now) was nothing but pretty stand battles so Woolie going nuts about it made me think he had gotten that confused as a new show.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

But yeah, Woolie bringing up vtubers by not knowing the names of the biggest ones ever and asking if "mori calliope" was the shark one makes me doubt a collab will happen lol. Unless that Mori one can do a Get Into Fighting Games.

I love the children stories, they're just fun and Woolie reacts perfectly all the time. Last week having Brendan and Pat double-team Woolie on parenthood was very fun, too. Wife and I love checking Pat and Paige streams now and then for that and just their couple life in their clown dimension (the floor pie bit had her hooting and hollering)

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Is cantaloupe the shark one?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ConanThe3rd posted:

Going back to Bayblade for a sec,

Going to start opening my posts with this from time to time

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The kid and couple talk is all great. It's nice, more than anything, to just listen to something positive for a change.

So put him on ignore, I did it years ago, problem solved.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Indecisive posted:

you are literally the only person who told him to stop you absolute shitbitch. shut the gently caress you idiot drama whore i dont give a poo poo about your vtuber phobia

His rap sheet says otherwise and I don't care about your opinion after your repeated shittiness about trans people in this thread. Sorry I remember things.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Just share the posting enemies spreadsheet already

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Nuns with Guns posted:

Could totally see him going on Please Stop Talking with Sir Meow or maybe cameo-ing on their TTRPG actual play game and not understanding a drat thing. And hell, I'd listen to that, too. Every time Woolie approaches TTRPGs is hilarious to me.

The 'home-schooled kid who grew up in an alternate reality' energy that Woolie brings to the table is other-worldly. It defies comprehension at times.

"Oh yeah, this thing OBVIOUSLY works like. . ." *launches into an interpretation that would only work in a parallel universe*

There are people in the world who zag where most folks would zig, and Woolie is like a paragon of that.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Clerical Terrors posted:

Despite repeat attempts by the Vtuber watchers to get him into it by submitting painfully mid clips for the slopstreams, it seems like Woolie just does not care much for Vtubers either way.

I'm glad. They give me the creeps. Brr!

Clerical Terrors posted:

Given that Woolie was there to witness it when Matt and Pat's relationship collapsed while they were still working together I would guess maybe he's a little cautious about collaboration and tying himself to other content creators. I mean he's been developing a really close friendship with EW for years before they decided to do a podcast together.

I think it's more that when he was trying to start his own channel after the group broke up, a bunch of Best Friends fans basically told him "We loved you on The Best Friends, but lol we don't give a poo poo about you solo or your new stuff. It will never be as good as the old stuff." So I think he avoids collaborations with Pat and the old crew because he wants to prove to himself and the internet that he can be successful on his own and he doesn't need to get by on Best Friends nostalgia.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't think that's the case at all, he's clearly successful enough on his own and has proven himself able to be so years ago already. He could be more successful, but is doing plenty well enough now.

Frankly, I'm super happy for woolie lately. He's really got everything going for him nowadays, and absolutely clobbered his pre-diabetes in what felt like record time, too.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh did he actually get that managed? I don’t remember him sharing the outcome of that trail thing he was doing.

choopercabra
Aug 8, 2006
It’s been over 5 years since the breakup and nothing seems to have gone wrong for any of them. No career ending incidents, I mean.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Warbird posted:

Oh did he actually get that managed? I don’t remember him sharing the outcome of that trail thing he was doing.
I mean, what was it he said he lost? 80 pounds or something wild like that? That and managing his diet, which he seems quite steady on, should seriously help with any potential diabetic issues for the foreseeable future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I mean that almost certainly does mean he’s “beat” it but are you just drawing conclusions or did he actually say something about it?